💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Will despacito be iconic in say 10 years?

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IAmNotHere1997

No. Issa fad. People will remember still remeber it and how big it was and ... that's it ... I think a song is iconic when it's still played on the radio on regular airplay, and I don't see it being like that. 

Antonio
21 hours ago, KleinGa said:

stan that song tho. Come for me. I'm ready

Well you just came for yourself...

giphy.gif

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

TEANUS
20 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

No, but I couldn't tell you one song from 2015-2018 that I think people would find memorable in 10 years anyway

Hello, Sorry, Shape of You (unfortunately), Uptown Funk, See You Again, Lean On, and Closer (unfortunately) all say hello

OT - Maybe culturally, but I don’t see it getting played on radio 10 years from now. People might remember it, they just might not say “oh wow I loved that song back in the day” it’ll be “ugh that song was on all the f*cking time”

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Xoxo Adriana

Think of it this way: Popular 00's Spanish hit "The Ketchup Song (Asereje)" was huge in it's day, pretty sure it was as successful as Despacito. 15 years on, is the song still relevant? Do people still remember the song? Do kids of our generation know the lyrics?

no. and the same will happen with Despacito. :lolly: 

I think it will be remembered in the same way as Gangnam Style and Macarena, where people look back and laugh, but wouldn’t ever listen to it. 

Compare that with Bad Romance, Single Ladies, Thriller etc where people remember them for being the bops that they are, and still enjoy listening to them.

Bad Romance is an iconic hit, Despacito will be a funny meme.

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

ALGAYDO

Definitely. It’s still big in Spanish-speaking circles. Everyone saying it’s just a “funny meme song” can stay deluded in their own personal bubbles, but in reality, the song was, is, and will remain iconic. Just because it doesn’t satisfy a bunch of white twinks doesn’t mean the rest of the world didn’t like it lmao 

androiduser

in 20 years people will be commenting "Back when music was real music" like they do now with trashy hits from the 90's.

Nostalgia always changes people's perception.

DimitrisARTPOP

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
classy-lady-gaga-no-reaction-gif.gif
giphy.gif

Spoiler

And If you don't understand what I've said I'll said again
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Spoiler

And If the second time you didn't get it I say it again
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
And I do it in a different way and I say it over and over and over until suddenly everyone gets it :reductive:

malazam
22 hours ago, Killa said:

it actually is

you deaf

another shot before we kiss the other side

Archived