too gay to function
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 2

Kylie Jenner
12 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

the wonders long black hair and Dr. Luke can do for your career snarky2.gif

hey hey hey, I find that a little sha-sha-dy

When Travis Scott sucks the t*ts of art (aka me)
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 10

ApplauseftAdele

Wait I'm confused... if you buy the album, does it count as a single sale? So if you bought teenage dream, did that count as a sale toward California Girls for example?

ALGAYDO

The only album of hers that I actually consider to be good tbh. It’s pop perfection. 

Gummy Bear ➡️ NOT Marinara ➡️ HOMODRAKE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Like 2

LateToCult

Oh wow this album is really going to have 4 diamond singles in the near future. When will anyone. :giveup:

ARTPOP is Platinum
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

malazam
16 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Wait I'm confused... if you buy the album, does it count as a single sale? So if you bought teenage dream, did that count as a sale toward California Girls for example?

Nope.

another shot before we kiss the other side

Versace

Katy's best album tbh

Back then Peacock was truly the fan fav of the album and everyone wanted the song to be a single. It was announced by Katy on Facebook as the fourth single but her label argued against her choice and prompted her to go with E.T. instead. The reason being that the era was going so well with the first 3 singles that they did not want to cause controversy or damage her reputation. I fully understood that and then when E.T. topped the charts, I also understood that they needed to follow up with a safe single (Last Friday Night) that's more likely guaranteed to be a hit in order to tie MJ's record for most number ones off one album. However when it came to considering a 6th single, I honestly felt that anything could go but clearly Peacock was the only hit left. I would have assumed that its popularity in sales and fan demand would grant it the single treatment, especially when you consider that Rihanna scored a #1 hit with S&M which was raunchier than Peacock. To me it was a huge missed opportunity and no doubt in my mind it would have given her that 6th number one which would allow her to break MJ's record and be the only artist (both male n female) to have 6 number ones off an album. Going with The One That Got Away seemed like a choice they went with just cause they wanted to showcase Katy's sadness (with her divorce and all). 

While this is a grand feat and congratulations to Katy, I wonder how legitimate it is for us to say the album is the first to have 51 Million singles sold when really Part of Me and Wide Awake were part of a different version of the album with songs being added to the original roster two years later. This is why Billboard did not consider Part of Me to break MJ's record regardless of it going number one. So really TD sold 43 Million singles. A part of me.mp3 wishes that she did not re-release the album but instead tried to push for more singles like Peacock and Hummingbird Heartbeat. Ironically, Part of Me was supposed to be on the album from day one and was found on youtube a year before the official release. Had she kept it on the album and had it went number one as the 7th single off the record, she would have beaten the record. In conclusion, i"m basically bitter that she did not try to break the record but instead re-release her album. It is very likely we might never see the record be broken, especially in this day and age of music. 

• Like 3

BloodyJudas

Congrats! Such a great feat! 

But since she seems to have been inspired by sharks and fights with them, I suggest she release “Shark Dream” to cater to the group that listen to her the most, which are kiddos. :sweat:

JK :ladyhaha:

• Sad 1

TheCureinMalibu

Gaga is super close tho.

Poker Face: 10M 

Bad Romance: 11M

Just Dance: 8M 

Love Game: 3M

Paparazzi: 4M

Alejandro: 2M

Telephone: 3M 

Total: 43M (certifications counted only) (all of these certifications (DARK PRINTED) are... 2 years ago...)

Edited by TheCureinMalibu
  • YAAAS 2

BloodyJudas
32 minutes ago, Versace said:

Katy's best album tbh

Back then Peacock was truly the fan fav of the album and everyone wanted the song to be a single. It was announced by Katy on Facebook as the fourth single but her label argued against her choice and prompted her to go with E.T. instead. The reason being that the era was going so well with the first 3 singles that they did not want to cause controversy or damage her reputation. I fully understood that and then when E.T. topped the charts, I also understood that they needed to follow up with a safe single (Last Friday Night) that's more likely guaranteed to be a hit in order to tie MJ's record for most number ones off one album. However when it came to considering a 6th single, I honestly felt that anything could go but clearly Peacock was the only hit left. I would have assumed that its popularity in sales and fan demand would grant it the single treatment, especially when you consider that Rihanna scored a #1 hit with S&M which was raunchier than Peacock. To me it was a huge missed opportunity and no doubt in my mind it would have given her that 6th number one which would allow her to break MJ's record and be the only artist (both male n female) to have 6 number ones off an album. Going with The One That Got Away seemed like a choice they went with just cause they wanted to showcase Katy's sadness (with her divorce and all). 

While this is a grand feat and congratulations to Katy, I wonder how legitimate it is for us to say the album is the first to have 51 Million singles sold when really Part of Me and Wide Awake were part of a different version of the album with songs being added to the original roster two years later. This is why Billboard did not consider Part of Me to break MJ's record regardless of it going number one. So really TD sold 43 Million singles. A part of me.mp3 wishes that she did not re-release the album but instead tried to push for more singles like Peacock and Hummingbird Heartbeat. Ironically, Part of Me was supposed to be on the album from day one and was found on youtube a year before the official release. Had she kept it on the album and had it went number one as the 7th single off the record, she would have beaten the record. In conclusion, i"m basically bitter that she did not try to break the record but instead re-release her album. It is very likely we might never see the record be broken, especially in this day and age of music. 

I agree with you on so many levels but I think if POM had been part of the original TD album and had been released as the 7th single, it wouldn’t have topped the charts. And the only reason it became her next number one single is that  it was a new hot single from her, it created the buzz. It was very akin to Gaga’s dropping Born This Way. Katy’ got huge first week sale, debuted at number one in different countries, but then  the song kind of sank faster than you can say Ferrari. It was a number one single on Billboard only one week and then it dropped. Of course it was nowhere near as popular as BTW but I guess you get my point. Wide Awake, being her second single from her re-up, became much more popular. 

But you’re right, she should’ve released one more single from TG and it should have been either Peacock or Hummingbird Heartbeat. 

Edited by BloodyJudas

TMM90
32 minutes ago, Versace said:

Katy's best album tbh

She cheated to get that MJ record tho. Single re-releases with features and The Teenage Dream Confetti edition. So in my book she doesn’t have that record.

Versace
6 minutes ago, TMM90 said:

She cheated to get that MJ record tho. Single re-releases with features and The Teenage Dream Confetti edition. So in my book she doesn’t have that record.

The Last Friday Night that topped the charts was the solo version though. I guess you have a point with E.T. since the single version featured Kanye but then again really, I feel even without kanye the song would have smashed. He doesn't contribute much to it imo. Same way I think Camila's Havana could have topped the charts without the young thug feature. 

• Like 2

TMM90
9 minutes ago, Versace said:

The Last Friday Night that topped the charts was the solo version though. I guess you have a point with E.T. since the single version featured Kanye but then again really, I feel even without kanye the song would have smashed. He doesn't contribute much to it imo. Same way I think Camila's Havana could have topped the charts without the young thug feature. 

What you feel might have happened isn’t a fact tough. Sit down.