Gaga is wasting her career

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK...

So let's just get one thing straight: 

Most popstars work their ENTIRE lives in hopes to achieve what Gaga has done within the first ten years of her career. 

Gaga not only just solidified herself as a popstar but she is an established icon (unbiased) not just in music but fashion too. As much as the 'critics' and 'haters' want to disregard the work she's done, it's impossible to not recognise the change Gaga has achieved in the music industry at such a young age. 

Also the fact that someone of her stature has the guts to release a jazz record and has the vocals to back it up - when will any other popstar?! 

and finally to the people who want gaga to have a 'MJ thriller' type phase need to listen to the fame monster again. BAD ROMANCE IS HER THRILLER - SHE WON'T EVER TOP IT AND THAT'S OK. TEA SPILLED. 

lady_gaga_is_facing_high_stakes_this_mon

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

Didymus
32 minutes ago, mamo said:

Most popstars work their ENTIRE lives in hopes to achieve what Gaga has done within the first ten years of her career.

This really needs to be relativized though. She achieved what she did because of her uniqueness, nerve and talent, for sure, but also because of the mountains of dollars Interscope threw at her in those early years :cryga:

In fact, the real test is if you'll survive when that backing stops and you have to convince the public without the promotion tricks, based on your actual work. So her immediate downfall after that initial "cumshot" of fame (to use one of Gaga's own analogies) can actually be seen as equally important and meaningful. Just sayin'.

36 minutes ago, mamo said:

Also the fact that someone of her stature has the guts to release a jazz record and has the vocals to back it up - when will any other popstar?!

Agreed with this though. No one else could've pulled that off.

8 hours ago, BloodyM said:

Thank you! I was about to mention P!nk! She always takes a 4-5 year break between albums and bounces back to the top (Even though she has been struggling with the latest album/messy promo it took) 

Yeah, I'm actually not the biggest fan of this one, but who knows, maybe it'll grow on me. She IS still doing well with selling the arenas out for her tour though! I'm excited to see her in May at her basically sold-out show here in Seattle :D It'll be my second time seeing her. Last time was October 2013, which again, is a longer stretch than it was for Gaga, who I've seen 3x (October 2013 to May 2018 vs. January 2013 to August 2014 to August 2017). People just need to calm down. 

PartySick
On 2/12/2018 at 5:01 PM, Haroon said:

She could be 90 and release a bubblegum pop album if she wanted to, or death metal

PLEASE :cryga::cryga::cryga:

I'm seriously DYING to hear MetalGa :giveup:

🖤

scallywally
12 hours ago, mamo said:

OK...

So let's just get one thing straight: 

Gaga not only just solidified herself as a popstar but she is an established icon (unbiased) not just in music but fashion too. As much as the 'critics' and 'haters' want to disregard the work she's done, it's impossible to not recognise the change Gaga has achieved in the music industry at such a young age. 

and finally to the people who want gaga to have a 'MJ thriller' type phase need to listen to the fame monster again. BAD ROMANCE IS HER THRILLER - SHE WON'T EVER TOP IT AND THAT'S OK. TEA SPILLED. 

lady_gaga_is_facing_high_stakes_this_mon

Gagas done amazing!!

As for each of your facts, google is your friend. Its not for me to pull up the receipts. Quite a lot bring out jazz albums, people roll their eyes when they do. Her fashion is laughed lets be honest and shes never had a Thriller, a Purple rain, a seargent peppers, a Faith, a ROL, a 25, a rattle and hum even though its amazing! It might've been ground breaking for us but seriously in broad terms she hasn't had a classic yet. FM was a rocket, it did so well, such a brilliant album for her success. But c'mon if you can say that then 1989 was. 

What I mean is those moments like a Thriller moment is that everyone you knew had it in their homes of all ages. She hasn't had that yet and I cant wait till it comes. 

But to have a talent and voice and make it to be known worldwide and make people happy is amazing to do. Its so hard and she accomplished it! Shes even made a movie! Thats impressive. 

ShockPop

"She quit music and started doing jazz" I can't continue to humour stupidity like this. Turn off your internet.

BloodyM
14 hours ago, SDG91 said:

Yeah, I'm actually not the biggest fan of this one, but who knows, maybe it'll grow on me. She IS still doing well with selling the arenas out for her tour though! I'm excited to see her in May at her basically sold-out show here in Seattle :D It'll be my second time seeing her. Last time was October 2013, which again, is a longer stretch than it was for Gaga, who I've seen 3x (October 2013 to May 2018 vs. January 2013 to August 2014 to August 2017). People just need to calm down. 

I'm still hoping for a European Tour :( Enjoy the show for me!

9 hours ago, BloodyM said:

I'm still hoping for a European Tour :( Enjoy the show for me!

Thanks, hopefully she’ll come to you guys after us and Australia!

EXCUSE ME THE **** YOU NO. Gaga has accomplished A LOT in the past 10 years and is working her way on the "legend" status. I don't know what she's gonna do after her 40s, but for sure I know and have receipts that she is NOT wasting her career.

Archived