opinion

Gaga is wasting her career

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Florian

You're just trying to shape Gaga in what YOU want her to be. The thing is SHE is an artist, she is a musician, she is an actress, she is what the hell SHE wants to be.  :shrug:

Why should she make pop music until 40yo if that's not what she wants her career to be? :laughga:

And about that whole ageism thing :saladga:

200.gif

I don't:trollga:

Move on:bye:

P.D.: I thought she let the pop topic very clear in 2013:interestinga:

Spoiler

tumblr_n2f6t0xCup1qejgz3o2_250.gif

If anything her delving into acting and other forms of music and entertainment will sustain her career. How many pop stars from the early 2000’s are still making music or are deemed as relevant now? Very few. Pop music is consumed quickly and then the next thing comes along and takes over, that’s why branching out of pop is a good thing.

crackpoppodcast

I was thinking about this today and it all hit me. She’s had 10 years of a career. And she has had some BOPS, undeniably. But where was the substance?? Yeah there’s some serious emotions in there about love and your partner and yourself. But there’s so much more to life than that. It was lacking REAL life experience. True, raw, relatable emotions. And then she writes Joanne. And suddenly, she has found a new way to connect with the GP like she never has before. I feel like everyone is severely trying to brush Joanne under the rug like this wasn’t the biggest, most successful era of her career. She knows what she’s doing. She’s still relevant. Appreciate the ART.

KyliesChild
7 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

okay mess, this is just full of unneeded ageism

so many popstars are still making music way over 40 years old like... where did these thoughts even come from? 

she's already had amazing commerial success. Joanne was a successful era so it's not like she's in decline, all because it won't be hits 20 years from now doesn't mean she should stop just because she's old

imagine someone telling you to stop doing what you love because you're old lol

Yeah, this post is full of f-a-c-t-s. 

Gaga is an artist who does whatever she wants. She's toured consecutively for almost a decade and consistently released albums as well. She's doing just fine and can pursue her endeavors whenever she pleases. Becoming more versatile and taking care of yourself isn't a "waste", in fact it should be prioritized. 

TheJoanneJoker

she did the HALFTIME SHOW, multiple TV performances, coachella, a US and European tour, had a Top 5 hit, released a succesful buzz single that got platinum certified with 0 promotion, she released a documentary.

All in a single era. Everyone who still talks s**t about the Joanne era or Gaga's career can choke tbh

I guess there's some truth to it. However, I don't think you can lump "acting" with "jazz/tributes". ASIB can very well get her a Bodyguard moment. Plus, it didn't really take up much time as it was shot during the Joanne era anyway.

Luxe Ford

For phuxache, thanks for giving me another panic attack and obsess even more about how little I achieved in my life so far.

When you're 31 you'll realise its nothing! Nothing at all. You'll still feel the age you are now, only with a more relaxed view on most things. 

It just takes lots and lots of therapy...

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

Bradlee Annett

UMMM Madonna is 59 and she still releases great pop records. Not comparing Gaga to Madonna, but some of Madonna's best works were in here late 40's!! 

Like Cher released a Pop album when she was 67!! 

Chill out, you're not her manager and we probably havent even witnessed Gaga's best album yet and that could be 7 years down the line, 10 years or maybe this year! The Cure just went Platinum with hardly any promo and no music video. We've experinced Gaga at the top of the world but there will always be contrast to life, she was big now she's not AS big anymore, that doesn't mean she doesn't have the potenial to take over the world by storm again! Be patient with her, she overworked herself for 10 years and needs to take a break this year like she was planning on doing anyway.

Archived