Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Do You Not Like Taylor Swift?

Pop Music

Featured Posts

FrankGutz

- Her voice, music & whole 'america's sweetheart' persona is boring for me

- Honestly never liked her music, i always thought about her music like girly teeny songs + like Strawberry said, she's always dissing her exs, former friends or critics, and i dont like that type of things, IF she had a great voice it would compensate everything but she doesnt, she aint creative or has something that can appeal to me

- Her songwriting skills to me are in the level of any teenage girl who is in love, not my tea tbh

- Her PR stunts are cringey, i remember that as soon as she gets a bit of criticism in tiwtter, suddently everything was flooded with the same tweet praising her with idk how many bot accounts, i found that petty

- They way her friends always tend to shade her or breaking the friendship after few months or years its weird while she's always acting like victim or sweetest person on earth.

SO.... i guess i just cant connect with her, either if its personality, music, lyrics, etc... everything about her is a no for me :air:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Taylor, always did. She makes perfect love songs my poor little gay heart can't help but bop :selena: 

and she has impressive songwriting skills as well. 

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Schwerk

She never really appealed to me as a person so I honestly know very little about her. I pretty much only know her singles and I find most of them really anoying ear-worms tbh, especially Shake if off and Look what you made me do. She sounds like a whiney teenager to me. But I don't hate her or anything, this is just based on the very little I know about her. She seems like a nice girl, I just find her very boring for my taste. 

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

LadyLuca
7 hours ago, iAstroLeo said:

I like her music, but I don't like her because she is a fake bitch. She always acts like the victim and tries to act like a sweet innocent girl, but she's just a trouble maker.

I could not have found better words

ALGAYDO

She is literally the epitome of white mediocracy. Plus, she’s almost 30 yet still acts like a teenager. That’s cringey as hell. 

PunkTheFunk

I like her music and I think she's a talented songwriter but her personality/image has always felt really fake to me. First it was the "I'm just a nice girl from the country! <3" and now it's "i'm BAD you better WATCH YOUR BACK BECAUSE i might sUE you!!!!" Plus her live vocals are not that great :triggered: And don't get me started on her squad :triggered: Okay I'm done.

Chuckles

I was a big country taylor fan for Fearless, know every song by heart but playing the victim got tiring. I occassionally enjoy 1989's singles but Reputation was a big no from me from the start.

I don't mind her at all. In fact, I kind of cheer for her because of all the hate she seems to be getting. She is a talented songwriter who can even write a song on her own, yet fans of other artists who rely on writing camps have the nerve to call her talentless. Her songs have far better structure and melodies than some of the other girls who everyone praises. I never really follow artists interviews/personal life much so their personalities don't really affect me. I've heard she is a mean girl or whatever but I think you can point to any pop star and question their character. Madonna dissed plenty of her peers back in the day and is very arrogant. Beyonce is an opportunist who jumps on whatever shows her in a good light. Mariah is nasty to the girls who look up to her. Xtina is arrogant. I could go on. Yet only Taylor seems to get the hate. While I haven't bought anything from her, and would never see her tours, some of her albums are pretty great. Streaming has allowed me to discover it without spending.

I just don't think her, or her music, really grew up. Not yet.

I have hope, because Red is an incredible album.

3 points in and ready for more

GagaMariaSpears

I don't dislike her, she has some catchy songs...

But I just don't see that star power in her performance or presentation wise. 

TheQueenLG

Imo, she’s a little lacking in the talent department. :reductive:

But she does know how to write a bop. :trollga:

boyerased

She’s a good songwriter, I’ll giver her that. Look way past the singles. I don’t care about her personality. It’s naive to think all these big pop stars are goody two shoes. Plus Speak Now is that (self-written) album!

blackthorns

I was a huge swiftie growing up. Like I bought books about her, got a guitar because of her, had a poster, etc. I was a super intense fan. Red and Speak Now where my favorite albums ever. 

I started getting back into her during 1989, but she was too "goody two shoes" for my emo self at the time. I didn't love or hate her at that point honestly.

At this point I guess I don't like her because her music this time around sounds very much so like shes painting herself like a damsel in distress. She sings about being hated or whatever and I'm just like "Wait I thought you where americas sweetheart I'm confused". Plus she dissed sequin guitar swift in her music video and thats not allowed by 7 year old me. 

Basically, I don't love or hate her, but this album is far from my tastes. I'll still sing along to Fearless-Red though.

If you need me, you know where to find me: seeking validation and self-love in my dumpster

Archived