💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga did not loose her creativity

Quark

Featured Posts

can gaga be Stefanie Joanne on the stage ?

this is why I 'hate' stans and fandoms U ARE MAKING THEM SUICIDAL BEACUSE of your shity wishes

I love Rihanna's attitude for real

Who ever said that gaga lost her creativity ? (not drunk)

but just leave Joanne alone. Such a raw and honest album

go drag yo self and put make up

If those tears and family relations  explicitly shown in her documentary don't help u reckon what JOANNE is (with the tour visuals THE WAY OF SINGING) get lost

the fame the fame monster born this way ARTPOP (cheek to cheek, she even said that she would like to make original jazz album)

and after all of that she gave birth to JOANNE it's a level up

she is a musician not a clown. Music first monster VIVA VOCE 

have fun

*sips water*

*turns on A Single man by TOM FORD*

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pacify Him

No she didn’t but she chose to cater to the red necks for some reason:saladga: 

I’m getting on your nerves

nattuggla
4 minutes ago, FrankGutz said:

well, i guess ure right, i did had another expections tbh, specially knowing Ronson and Tame Impala were working on the album, ugh, im just praying for the new era :pray:

Don't worry. I really don't think she lost her spark/creativity. She just expressed it differently since this album was very personal to her and it was the album where she had the most power and control over it and she wanted it to be authentical. 

What do you think about the SBHT-Show, JWT and Coachella Interludes and the MV for John Wayne?

If you liked these then I am sure you can enjoy her next era because I have no doubt she is going "crazier" again.

6 minutes ago, FrankGutz said:

is it wearing a Pink hat?

it's just superficial to critisize someones creativity based on the MV

JOANNE is not about poping and locking zipping and zooing it

but can it be A WOMAN'S WORTH (Stefanie Joanne to her family friends fans)

ANGEL DOWN IS NOT LUCID CREATIVE 

COME TO MAMA IS philosofia OF LIFE

TeenIdle

I can't believe that after a year and a half we're still talking about this... after she delivered countless beautiful performances, SB, and a tour that is far more "creative" than her last one. Some of you need to stop focusing so much on the packaging and start appreciating the content.. if that makes sense :lana:

PunkTheFunk
1 hour ago, M Monstre said:

I feel like some of you guys are missing the point of the original post and a lot of what other people are trying to say. Her "creativity" is not just limited by how many crazy and eclectic costumes she wears, or how much makeup she puts on, but it's much more than that.

Joanne is an inherently non-creative era; it just is. Joanne wasn't meant to be this avant-garde, posh, over-the-top era because if it was, she would have relayed that message to us. Joanne, as an album, was about Stefani, not Gaga. It was about her family, things that truly matter to her, and it was an album that was supposed to represent "Lady Gaga without the fame"—something she put on her Twitter bio during the beginning of the era. 

Gaga has not lost her creativity because of more tame visuals. She was purposefully doing that in order to put the music in the forefront. She even said in the Five Foot Two documentary that she realized that she didn't need all the wigs and makeup in order to convey a powerful and meaningful message.

The visuals are always used throughout the era to highlight the music, and that's what she did. She had a more "stripped down" album and to correlate it with more "stripped down visuals". That goes for the music videos as well. 

She's shown she can be creative through the Super Bowl, the John Wayne music video, JWT interludes, Coachella, etc. She hasn't lost it. This was done purposefully and is in no way an example of her "losing her creativity." 

I agree with this. I think people misunderstood me; I don't think she lost her creative spark. It's still there. The Joanne era has just given me the impression that she hasn't been harnessing that spark as fully as she used to.

Cavadour

Needless to say as everybody knows it, Gaga is a huge fan of David Bowie. End of the sixties he was a glam icon. I remember fans and people in shock to see that androgynous guy in a dress, painted face and red hair, half-man half-dog
 End of the seventies he was into R&B and funk and the early fans didn't get his new dandy persona, he was not weird and avant-garde enough anymore and all that stuff. Then came the electronic journey with the Berlin Trilogy. Again, previous fans didn't get it. They mostly saw this new mutation as boring and obscure. At the same time lots of people became a new generation of fans in awe in front of what is considered today as DB's creative masterwork. Then came his biggest commercial breakout with Let's Dance. Again, fan of previous eras were the strongest critics calling it shallow and superficial
 I could go on. And I'm just pointing out highlights here. Many of his albums considered as minor or less interesting efforts then reached cult status some decades after. Even the return to a much basic rock band formula in the nineties, seen as mostly boring when it came out is getting a 'creative revival' label today.

This is the way I feel it. And, yes I still own his albums in my vinyl collection. At the risk to sound like a daddy know-it-all it's true I'm old enough to have seen Mr Bowie career bloom over the years and I'm a proud to be one of his fans. But David is gone now and most of his peers I love: Roxy Music, Talking Heads, Lou Reed among others are glittering gems in the shadows of the past..

To me, there was nobody like that in most recent years. All my heroes were gone in the day by day life. Until Gaga. She's such a real deal in that deep pop rock idol sense. A great performer. A great musician. A sincere original fashion phenomenon and creative chameleon. And now this is the point I want to add to this thread. I realize most monsters are young people. To many, Gaga is like a first crush and they take the hard line with her because she's not the same today as she was yesterday. Cut her some slack and keep trusting her ! She will rise again like a phoenix in a new shiny skin. Will you like the color ? Probably. Probably not. But more and more people will be aware of her talent. Joanne may seem boring today to some. To others it's their favorite album. Gaga is a star and it's still soon to asses the long-term effects of her career. As dazzling as they are, I'm convinced these past ten years are just the beginning.

Sorry for the not-so-english long rant of an old geezer :blush:

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

2 hours ago, BloodyJudas said:

1. She used to be more creative simply by making videos of much better quality, with nice visuals to look at and admire. With the Joanne videos, she didn't give a damn about these things. And let's remember Gaga was famous for doing high-budget and stunning visuals. I am right, aren't I?

2. "The problem here is that some of you seem to think that she is only creative when she is making music and visuals like the ones she made during TF, TFM, and BTW"- True that but actually ARTPOP visuals were also very promising and some ideas she had at the time were extremely creative. 

3. Her music has never been bad! She makes great music and if she weren't, I wouldn't have bought all of her albums, right?

4. No one is stuck (at least not me) with her first eras. I became a fan during the Born This Way era and I am not the type of person to dwell on the past. We are just comparing and that's what people do.

5. Gaga was way more creative at the beginning of her career (which was her peak spanning 3 years from 2009-2011). Back then, you never knew what she was up to. And she was always up to something unexpected, mischievous and great. I will repeat myself but with Joanne, she was like any other pop star out there, except her great vocal skills and a well-crafted album. But when it comes to ideas, era/single/videos execution, her last album leaves a lot to be desired.

This is 100% true. Her music is still top notch but to sit down and say that her visual game hasn't stagnated or even regressed is at worst a lie at best naivety. Thank God the music is still amazing though because that is the most important part. 

14 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

So her not painting her face or not being covered in jewels is uncreative??? 

I mean I think it's obvious that turning around to a camera in a pink hat is uncreative from a visual standpoint.

But I always thought that the MR video was half-assed because Gaga wasn't interested in visuals for this era. It was more about the music, which I'm okay with because I can still appreciate it from an uncreative background.

bannedT for life and it's SAD

I think that there is a lot that goes into why people think she isn’t as creative anymore. I think she is still hella creative, for for me, I didn’t see a lot of passion or drive during the Joanne era  

The quality has 100% dipped in music videos (not the Joanne video tho, that’s gorgeous), as well as her stage performances. The stage was cool for the JWT but it was a stage that simply was cool for a technical standpoint, not from an artistic one. 

The theatricality of her work is what seems to be gone. There’s never any props on stage, storyline for the tour, her outfits are tame, the music videos lackluster, etc. I mean, if you look at her during the beginning of her career, whatever the album concept was, she literally embodied that with each appearance or interview. She had a theme and she stuck to it. 

We know ARTPOP was all over the place because of management issues, etc, but to be completely honest, the Joanne era is the one that seems like they literally just tossed things at the wall to see what would stick. 

(Note, I love the Joanne album. I’m merely speaking from a observer standpoint, I am not meaning to be negative.)

I think ARTPOP suffered from the management issues, and Joanne suffered from last minute changes and health issues. 

Her next album, for me anyway, will be the one that is going to determine a lot of things. I’ll support her either way, but I really hope to see that creative fire back from her. 

P.S. to respond to something someone else pointed out, I firmly believe that the first three albums would not have been possible without her having a kick ass team around her. Gaga has a ton of amazing creative ideas, but we should not ever for a second pretend like things such as Bad Romance, The Born This Way Ball, and her fashion was something that was all her own. She had an awesome, creative collaborative team behind her to help her hone those ideas into a clear cut vision. 

I don’t think she did but I do think she’s nowhere near the level of creativity and daring mindset she was at years ago. Everything is so cliche nowadays and you know it’s getting rough when fans can accurately predict her Grammys performance days before the event, from the track selection to the setup and not to be an arsehole but even her freshly injected/taped whatever that was, face was predicted, i read fans saying she was going to show up like that and she did.

I’m not fully convinced that it’s about fans wanting a rehash of her previous more successful album cycles, I personally don’t want that, it’s just that she’s became predictable and awfully unexciting. At least for me.

And simplicity doesn’t have to be dull, sometimes less is more but that hasn’t been the case with Joanne, the music videos were neither cleverly shot nor memorable enough. The Perfect Illusion music video is super underwhelming as a music video accompanying a lead single, she sure as hell did not break the boundaries there, quite the opposite actually and I don’t think it made a good first impression. 

Also, I’d dare to say the Million Reasons music video was simplicity at its worst, easily one of the blandest pieces of media I’ve seen in recent years and it’s even more offensive considering the track It accompanied, which I consider her best single (not counting promo singles like Dope) since Marry the Night.

The John Wayne music video is pretty much a rehash and shadow of her old-self, pretty uneventful. The Joanne music video is cute, it does the job I like it and I think it’s the best from the bunch but it could damn well be passed off as a behind the scenes footage from a magazine photo shoot session.

Fashion wise, if the short shorts and cropped shirt combo with combat boots and pink hat were popular among the fan base and the general public to some extent, it’s not because they were instantly memorable, it’s because she made sure to overuse said looks until they got impregnated in our brains. 

Coherent and elaborated story telling through visuals was nowhere to be seen, it’s like she has so much to say with the music but is shy about enhancing said themes with visuals. And I call that lack of creativity and inspiration, she counts with an insane amount of connections all around the world, directors, photographers and designers love her. She does not struggle in that department, or maybe that’s what she needs to come up with something memorable, lack of resources.

The Joanne tour could very well be re-named the biggest hits tour, mostly flashy without substance with some cowboy inspired outfits thrown in the mix to sort of hide the lack of creative direction and make it seem in harmony with the album. Oh my god but did you see the moving bridges?

Super bowl, that was good but not unbelievable good like many like to claim. Fantastic intro, after that it went from good to ok, Bad Romance being the lowest point with the messy flash mob-like choreography and super cheap looking outfit.

The most interesting thing she did was the Dive bar “tour”, I really did love that too bad the second wave of dates got cancelled.

All in all very uninspired muted album cycle that while it does the job, it doesn’t set apart favorably from other pop star’s work that most people here adamantly analyze and trash harshly.

sipthistea
3 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Is it a crime if we want something that's a little more visually stimulating than a pink cowboy hat?

My Gaga's saying let's go...Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh 

But Joanne's saying no!

christinaaguileramyheartissayingno.gif

1 hour ago, TeenIdle said:

I can't believe that after a year and a half we're still talking about this... after she delivered countless beautiful performances, SB, and a tour that is far more "creative" than her last one. Some of you need to stop focusing so much on the packaging and start appreciating the content.. if that makes sense :lana:

but they want more than a pink hat

to be visually aroused not sonically 

go by ERDEM x H&M

in the end rest Stefanie don't put a pressure on yo' self because of superficial people

Archived