performance

Official 2018 Superbowl 52 Discussion Thread

HausOfMark

Featured Posts

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlexanderMagno

I'm not watching it after all. I don't like his music at all, so whatever. I hope his fans enjoyed it, I guess.

PunkTheFunk
51 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I'm going to watch it

47 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I'm not watching it after all. I don't like his music at all, so whatever.

This pretty much sums up the performance.

ChromaticaPunk
3 hours ago, dannydrummen said:

12:44 - Judas choreo :selena:

omg that's exactly what I said while watching

RodeckDanny

Omg the ending was so random and bad. Anyways I liked his dancing, he has a great voice and I wish I had heard more of it!

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

ZephyrInTheSky
6 hours ago, Like a vendetta said:

giphy.gif

Who else? Shawn Mendes? Justin Bieber? The Weeknd? :reductive: Hes an awesome dancer/vocalist so i really cant think of any other male who can reach his level tbh. Most male pop stars nowadays are just a pretty face.

There can be 99 bottoms in the area but all it takes is 1 top to believe in you.

Bradley
16 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Are you feeling okay? :ohno: My inbox is always open if you want to talk :hug:

Thanks Mr PunkTheFunk :ladyhaha: I just miss working with Stefani.

mezzanine

this is one of the moments when you realize there's no male stars on gaga's-madonna-MJ-even pink level, it's full of mediocrity, and -i'm sorry for their fans- then they have to call bruno mars that's ok, he's nice and has talent, but it's too forced the way they try to make us swallow him as the new MJ, and that's not gonna happen. same with JT, that is a good performer, but it just feels out of place performing in 2018. Same happened even with coldplay, i was a fan of them like 5-8 years ago, i used to really love them, but after Viva la vida-prospekt's march they turned just flat, and their halftime was... ok. 

why do you think this happens? 

GlitterAndGrease

He was ok... Not great but not bad either. But the only things I could think of while I was watching were how awesome was Gaga last year and that Britney would be a much better choice even with her current show.

LePetitGAGABLover
14 hours ago, ZephyrInTheSky said:

Who else? Shawn Mendes? Justin Bieber? The Weeknd? :reductive: Hes an awesome dancer/vocalist so i really cant think of any other male who can reach his level tbh. Most male pop stars nowadays are just a pretty face.

Maybe nowadays, yes. But please don't forget about legends like Micheal, who basically invented pop music.

Jessica Germ

I just saw a man of the woods promo poster at a bus stop :selena: i feel depressed, joanne never had any of those :triggered:

ShockPop

We're the Grammys watching? Out of the last 10 sbht were there more flop girls or flop boys? Who has to step up now?

JT  really didn't have big enough hits for this. Nothing iconic other than cry me a river. Makes me realise how cemented Gaga's singles are in the pop landscape.

The staging was all wrong. He tried to make an entrance but it fizzled. 

I would have had the staging more flooded with white so he and his dancers stand out more clearly. Have him enter in a convertible with dancers and transition to the stage.

Cant stop the feeling, Senorita, Sexy Back,  Holy Grail, rock your body, Cry me a river, Mirrors.

1. "Can't stop the feeling" Justin enters with 3 rows of dancers all in black from one side of the field. "Electric" causes the dancers suits to light up. With the beat. Fireworks go off for the chorus hit.

2. "Senorita" Justin rallies the crowd with the singalong part. "I feel like somethings heating up" etc as the music is minimal and we get a clap along moment.

3. "Sexy back" the band has a loud moment leading to silence and "I'm bringing sexy back" as the track gets into full swing.

4. "Cry me a river" rain pours from the sky as we get full choreo and lightning pyro for this. He makes it to a piano for the end where he sings his part from..

5. "Holy Grail" black piano rain falling on JT. Nothing more.

6. "Rock your body" hard dance break and disco lighting. Confetti, balloons, pure Katy Perry situation sort of.. but less Disney.

7. "Mirrors" the Halo moment. Big singalong, clap along acapella finish.

And we all go home happier.

• HausOfMark unpinned this topic

Archived