• Created
  • Last Reply
The Bling
1 hour ago, F AM E said:

She's lucky. Mariah only has 5 in her 28 year career :madge:

Britney has 1 :selena:

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

LadyLuca

Born this Way had none? what? Are u kidding me? I did not know that.

Sry but how is this possible?

PunkTheFunk
1 hour ago, derpmonster said:

You are right but then I think about the effort that went into Divide. It's not just not-fresh, it's stale. :saladga:

Fresh enough to do well on the radio :trollga:

PunkTheFunk
Just now, LadyLuca said:

Born this Way had none? what? Are u kidding me? I did not know that.

Sry but how is this possible?

One word: Adele

Big success= Grammy

No big success= nothing.

Mariah or Madonna have just only a few Grammy because back then Grammy were not about success, were about serious almost non  mainstream music. 

This is probably why she seemed like was in a bad mood. She knew she wasnt going to win. The critics banged the gong.

LordEnigma
10 minutes ago, Jaume said:

Big success= Grammy

No big success= nothing.

Mariah or Madonna have just only a few Grammy because back then Grammy were not about success, were about serious almost non  mainstream music. 

I don’t know. It seems like it’s usually been about the success.

A classical album has never won album of the year 🤷🏻‍♂️ Because the mainstream doesn’t really listen to that and it wouldn’t make sense if they want to draw a crowd.

I think it’s always had an underlying theme of success over artistic integrity.

derpmonster
56 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

One word: Adele

Many words: someone with a good voice but bad singing technique who damaged her vocal cords but sang mass appeal cry me a river breakup/love songs won because it was cool to hate on all non-ballad pop music as being bad quality and without vocal talent. Even though Gaga had shown her vocal talent numerous times, people still kept thinking of her as a gimmick act when in fact doing all those things is just how she is (she was born this way) and how she expressed herself.

Looking at the massive success of Adele and the GP opinion surrounding her, the Academy thought it would reflect well on them to give it to her so people think they value "real talent".

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Sneaky Oliver

Last night was like a DejaVu.mp3 seeing her lose both of the awards just like she did in 2012/Adele year. But her performance was so beautiful (even though I think it was kinda rushed) and Gaga is smart enough to know why Ed won and she didn’t. She knows her album has a true artistic value 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

VenusUrania

We have to take into account that the Grammy's have changed significantly the last 20 years. Before it was usual that the winners weren't neccessary commercial success stories and in most cases were prefered to chart topping hits. That changed through the years, especially with the Beck drama a couple of years ago. The general public got furious with the Grammy's system and from then on, you can see that commercial success is taken more into account, rather than quality, originality etc.

Archived