Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy Perry Accused of Stealing Once Again

edgy

Featured Posts

The Internet is a risky — at times dangerous — place for artists, with little to no protection over any creative that's uploaded online. Dom Sebastian, a London-based artist, is the latest victim to have his work lifted without any credit or compensation from a force much bigger than his online following (22.6k on Instagram).

Sebastian has accused Katy Perry and her label Capital Records of using his art without permission for her "Chained to the Rhythm" single artwork and merchandise available to purchase for $35. "I'm shocked that Katy Perry and Capital Records think it is acceptable to lift my work directly from my website and use it as they please without paying me or even contacting me," he wrote on Instagram.

The work in question is a 2012 digital piece from Sebastian's Holographic Melt Series, which looks uncannily similar to the background used on Perry's single art. While it's now several years old, the artist says there's been a resurgence of interest from this particular series, so he's not surprised it would have somehow entered the orbit of Perry's creative camp.

(Full interview is on Paper Mag: http://www.papermag.com/dom-sebastian-katy-perry-2526673086.html)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My question is ... why is there a Hot Chip remix to Chained to the Rhythm, but we still don't have music video for The Cure? :saladga:

ToxicHot

Another year, another lawsuit.

1475535099-gagawyd.png

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

LordEnigma
Just now, ToxicHot said:

Another year, another lawsuit.

1475535099-gagawyd.png

Cause taking obvious advantage of other people‘s art is no big deal 🙄

SlaeUrAnus

I would have thought a simple photoshop of numerous colours would have been so easy and time saving rather than getting sued for plagiarism.

This era definitely has it in for her :gum:

In my messy era.

If you google “pink holographic pattern” you’ll get the same looking pattern multiple time, it’s not that original Sebastian  :lolga:

The fact that I did a reverse Google image search and found a stock image with a similar pattern on sale for $12 ... :selena:

5HBh0go.jpg

Oh Katy, you just can't win can you?

LateToCult

I mean...her team probably stole it but like, let’s not pretend like they stole an incredible piece of art. :awkney:

Lord Temptation
12 minutes ago, Uncle ARTPOP said:

Karma's not a liar

She keeps receipts :gaycat:

Galagala

Okay so we just got what Katy and her team said "we have a plan".:trollga:

I don't really know and believe there are some big names stealing music besides MR. ED.          :ladyhaha::ladyhaha::ladyhaha: 

Archived