💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Cancelled Debut Single?

Guest bostonGUY

Featured Posts

Guest bostonGUY

Was Filthy Pop really supposed to be Gaga's debut single?

If so, why do people say that Retro-Physical was supposed to be her debut?

Another question about RP: why do people say it's fanmade?

tenor.gif

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Princess Stache
2 minutes ago, Queen of Venus said:

I heard RP was meant to be the Debut

Gaga wouldn't have gotten her fame but damn that song is good too.  I wish it was at least on The Fame.

ChaosVampire

Retro-Physical was supposed to be her debut single, but from now-unreleased debut album that probably was titled Retrosexual (this phrase was often used on performances promotional posters), also in an interview Gaga said that "Retrosexual – I came out with that a long time ago. Me and my buddy Tom were hanging out one day in the studio and we were talking about metrosexuals, because he had bought a pair of boots and I said 'Those are very metrosexual.' And he was like 'I don't know, I think they're kind of retro.' And I said 'So you're retrosexual.' It was kind of a joke. The more I thought about it – I'm so obsessed with all things retro, the 70s and 80s. I don't know, that word just kind of flew out of my mouth one day, and it stuck with me. I often do that – if I coin terms, they'll become like the centerfold of my entire project or an entire record."

ChaosVampire

But Filthy Pop was re-done by Soul Diggaz when Gaga was signed to Def Jam, because they wanted the song to sound more professionally and radio-friendly.  

Guest bostonGUY
7 minutes ago, ChaosVampire said:

Retro-Physical was supposed to be her debut single, but from now-unreleased debut album that probably was titled Retrosexual (this phrase was often used on performances promotional posters), also in an interview Gaga said that "Retrosexual – I came out with that a long time ago. Me and my buddy Tom were hanging out one day in the studio and we were talking about metrosexuals, because he had bought a pair of boots and I said 'Those are very metrosexual.' And he was like 'I don't know, I think they're kind of retro.' And I said 'So you're retrosexual.' It was kind of a joke. The more I thought about it – I'm so obsessed with all things retro, the 70s and 80s. I don't know, that word just kind of flew out of my mouth one day, and it stuck with me. I often do that – if I coin terms, they'll become like the centerfold of my entire project or an entire record."

okay but why do people say Retro-Physical is fanmade?

ChaosVampire
Just now, bostonGUY said:

okay but why do people say Retro-Physical is fanmade?

Idk. If it were fanmade then explain this:

Guest bostonGUY
Just now, ChaosVampire said:

Idk. If it were fanmade then explain this:

I've seen people say the audio we have was pieced together from snippets is what I mean I know the song is real

Sorry I wasn't being specific at all now that I realize

ChaosVampire

Maybe they meant that the untagged version is fanmade, because in 2010 the full song leaked with tags "burim exclusive babe" and the part "don't forget your money little honey" was replaced with line from first verse. 

Guest bostonGUY
2 minutes ago, ChaosVampire said:

Maybe they meant that the untagged version is fanmade, because in 2010 the full song leaked with tags "burim exclusive babe" and the part "don't forget your money little honey" was replaced with line from first verse. 

Where was the replaced line cause I have a version with the "little honey" in the second verse

ChaosVampire
Just now, bostonGUY said:

Where was the replaced line cause I have a version with the "little honey" in the second verse

Later the tag was removed but fanmade version is now more common. 

Guest bostonGUY
Just now, ChaosVampire said:

Later the tag was removed but fanmade version is now more common. 

wait so whats different from the version I have and the original? A missing line?

ChaosVampire
1 minute ago, bostonGUY said:

wait so whats different from the version I have and the original? A missing line?

Yeah just a missing line and some small sound differences in bridge end. 

Ricardo
1 minute ago, bostonGUY said:

the hq untagged version was leaked a few weeks ago

Archived