• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MattyMonster

• Americano

• GHGUY

• Fusel

Sebastian Music

I think that her Grammy's look was a hint to the comercial look, though oretty much irrekevabt at this point.

I mean like, the "Gaga" woman in the Sydney Fame party wore veil-hats that widows wear and had see through clothes like Gaga's. And the ad shows her with Blonde/Black hair too

:notsure:

Well, how would I know about the statue before the ad pic was released? i told you there wee really tall dancers in the commercial and by looking at the ad pic, you can clearly see a bunch of men (tall dancers) climbing on her body (the statue) I even said the length of my friends body was about the size of her breast and is it not?

giskardsb

Well, how would I know about the statue before the ad pic was released? i told you there wee really tall dancers in the commercial and by looking at the ad pic, you can clearly see a bunch of men (tall dancers) climbing on her body (the statue) I even said the length of my friends body was about the size of her breast and is it not?

what? that pic is not some paper mache statue of Gaga.

Edited by sbmonster

No. The mask is fundamental to the meaning of the picture, it will not be removed just because Madonna wore one as well. So parts of it may give people an Erotica vibe- that doesn't make Gaga a thief-considering she hasn't stolen anything that was exclusively Madonna's to begin with. On top of that, like you said, the photo in it's entirety is really creative. Having Gaga and her team try to thwart as many of these potential "rip-off" accusations as possible only cements the idea that Madonna "owns" those looks. She does not, even though she may have helped popularize some of them.

I'm just tired and frustrated with the Madonna comparisons as I'm sure most of us are. I suppose I've become hyper sensitive to the issue. And again, when I saw the mask and hair I just had the "oh great" feeling. And it wasn't long before others were pointing it out. I understand the mask is essential to the photo and wasn't suggesting she should have ditched the whole idea because Madonna has worn masks. Just that maybe someone should have pointed out that it could POTENTIALLY bring more accusations. Obviously Madonna did not create masks and slicked back hair. I am in no way saying that she's actually copying M, just want to make that clear. And I don't want Gaga to stifle her creativity because of Madonna, either. But sometimes I just wish someone might point out similarities to her so she can avoid as many comparisons as possible. That's all. :shrug:

giskardsb

I'm just tired and frustrated with the Madonna comparisons as I'm sure most of us are. I suppose I've become hyper sensitive to the issue. And again, when I saw the mask and hair I just had the "oh great" feeling. And it wasn't long before others were pointing it out. I understand the mask is essential to the photo and wasn't suggesting she should have ditched the whole idea because Madonna has worn masks. Just that maybe someone should have pointed out that it could POTENTIALLY bring more accusations. Obviously Madonna did not create masks and slicked back hair. I am in no way saying that she's actually copying M, just want to make that clear. And I don't want Gaga to stifle her creativity because of Madonna, either. But sometimes I just wish someone might point out similarities to her so she can avoid as many comparisons as possible. That's all. :shrug:

Honestly, I doubt Gaga gives a ****. She's going to do what she wants to do regardless of pressed souls. She certainly isn't going to second guess everything she does against possible "madonna infringement".

CroatiaGeisha

Of course, I'm not saying you think Gaga is copying, but that we shouldn't give into some of M's fans' idiotic thought processing just because we want Gaga to have more credibility with the general public. :sweat: In the end, Madonna is one of Gaga's biggest influences and has covered SO MUCH ground in her career- of course we will be expecting to see some overlap! But I do agree that it is frustrating watching Gaga get slagged off like that. It's also unfortunate in this case that Madonna pre-dated the internet, hence how she was able to dodge her own "comparisons" to people that came before her! However, like sbmonster said, I doubt Gaga gives a **** about it now. And we shouldn't either, because those accusations are meritless.

Edited by CroatiaGeisha

Of course, I'm not saying you think Gaga is copying, but that we shouldn't give into some of M's fans' idiotic thought processing just because we want Gaga to have more credibility with the general public. :sweat: In the end, Madonna is one of Gaga's biggest influences and has covered SO MUCH ground in her career- of course we will be expecting to see some overlap! But I do agree that it is frustrating watching Gaga get slagged off like that. It's also unfortunate in this case that Madonna pre-dated the internet, hence how she was able to dodge her own "comparisons" to people that came before her! However, like sbmonster said, I doubt Gaga gives a **** about it now. And we shouldn't either, because those accusations are meritless.

Yeah.. you're right. I contemplated whether or not I should even bring it up, but it's something I've been thinking about. And I'd really much rather avoid another Born this Way/ Express Yourself fiasco. Perhaps she should just keep it in the back of her mind at least? But I'm sure she already does.

i4c4f945a986ab_700.jpg

I can see a nipple in her right boob! :legend:

Edited by Envy
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

This image is so amazing. I love in the hq version you can see the men actually pulling her skin as they climb on her.

Alcina Dimitrescu

i4c4f945a986ab_700.jpg

I can see a nipple in her right boob! :legend:

No, is the guy's head shadow