💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Dua is the biggest and best debut since Gaga

GypsyVida

Featured Posts

In America she’s not even top 10 biggest debuts since Gaga (girl doesn’t have a single top 10 song lmao) but worldwide she’s making a presence yes

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FalsePromise

Trying to think of anything iconic she's done or even worthy of attention! Oh wait... there's nothing.  

Naor Daniel

Not a fan of her new single. I think the biggest artist since Gaga is Ariana Grande, and she still hasn’t come close.

idk i heard her singles in mid 2016 and was so hyped about her, then the album delayed to sept and the waiting killed it.

new rules kind of restarted all the rush but the album was a meh, her performance are kinda boring and her videos are okay.

at first moment she looked like she was going to be a huge ass event but then turned out to be just fine, i'm still perched for her second album!

... and now i just sit in silence.

Jorge Gonzalez Varela

"Dua is the biggest and best debut since Gaga" Hahahaha she is so FLOP, she has no hits, she has no impact in music industry, she is nothing hahaha

Here's to our brand new start, I won't be waiting for nothing. I'll mend the broken parts. Pick up the pieces,

venusfly
59 minutes ago, Jorge Gonzalez Varela said:

"Dua is the biggest and best debut since Gaga" Hahahaha she is so FLOP, she has no hits, she has no impact in music industry, she is nothing hahaha

New Rules was one of the biggest songs of the year and her album has sold 1.2 million copies WW with next to no promo wyd sis :selena:

mr.peter

I don’t think they play her in the US , I’ve never heard one of her songs. I only know her name from reading it here on gaga daily. I don’t even know how it’s properly pernounced 

Irrelevant
1 hour ago, Jorge Gonzalez Varela said:

You sound like someone from MadonnaNation. Stop talking **** about other artists and just say you don't like her material goddamnit :madge:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

ItsTommyBitch

ehh..

Meghan Trainor's debut was larger and she was much less of a full formed product, just an instance of luck and buildup - like Lorde :emma: 

She's good, but I can't with all the gays acting like shes the next Gaga :air: Why does there have to be a next Gaga in the first place :gum: Like, let her have her own trajectory. There's no predetermined next Supreme of Pop that's going to put us back on top or anything every X years :laughga: 

Just hope that artists you like that debut (as there will always be debuting pop artists) have staying power and last past 2 albums :shrug: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

1 hour ago, Jorge Gonzalez Varela said:

How f*cking hostile. She already has like more than 3 hits outside of the US

AlexanderMagno

I kind of enjoy Dua Lipa, but come on right now she's a B-list pop star.

Bebe Rexha, Dua Lipa, Camila Cabello, SZA, pop forums have tried to make them the next It pop girls when clearly they have yet to make a real impact in the world. A big hit is not enough people. Camila has the biggest hit, but it was literally released a few months ago. It has been years since a debut has made a true impact... Probably Meghan Trainor, All About That Bass really was something.

Damn, we really live in an age of fast consumption. People claim a new It Girl every week.

EDIT: and yes, Cardi B is still virtually unknown outside the USA :smh: she's as local as Taylor Swift was in her debut. Stop trying to make her the big thing as well. The only worldwide girls have been Selena Gomez and Camila Cabello because of Havana (Selena had way more hits).

I personally love Dua, but she really isn't that popular atm. It does play New Rules quite often on the radio now in Seattle, but I'm not sure about elsewhere in NA. 

Archived