opinion

Dua is the biggest and best debut since Gaga

GypsyVida

Featured Posts

GypsyVida

Okay...

hear me out.

tumblr_oj03t4wZzN1u6n38po1_400.gif

I've been listening to Dua Lipa since her first single came out.

The minute I heard New Rules I've said this: Dua Lipa is the biggest pop girl debut since Gaga.

She gives the gays everything they want. Fashion, videos, personality, and FVCKING BOPS!

tumblr_owoe1fdjzZ1qby767o2_500.gif

She is gaining Instagram followers at a record pace, she has 35M+ Spotify listeners, New Rules has over half-a-billion streams on Spotify, and she SELLS ALBUMS.

I mean, c'mon. Her album was the #1 selling debut album of 2017, and the most streamed debut album of 2017.

Plus she's a good singer (from what I've heard live [Glastonbury]), she has a great persona, she has sickening looks, and creative, innovative videos.

If she keeps doing what she's doing and serves BOPS, then I feel like it's safe to say that Dua is gonna be the next pop princess (Not pop queen tho, that's our mom :derpga:).

I just love this girl and I think she's gonna get bigger yet. Like Madonna big. Like Gaga big. Like Kety (before Witness :bon:) big.

EDIT: If this shouldn't be in Gaga thoughts, can a mod please switch it?

Stream COWBOY CARTER

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kvnrp said:

We really need to wait for DL2 to see if she really is here to stay, but I hope she does :diane:

Same! Let the girl get another album or two in before we can actually judge. 

KyliesChild

"She sells ALBUMS" 

-

Just kidding, I really like Dua. She has such a charming personality and I wish her luck on her future endeavors. I can't wait until the day that "New Rules" hits top 10 because she deserves it.

AmericanGUY

maybe in the pop realm, but in terms of actual similarity to gaga's huge debut i would have to say cardi b. i mean she's got like three or four songs in the top fove and already a number one under her belt. she's coming for the true title

꧁ 𝕛'𝕧𝕖𝕦𝕩 𝕡𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕣 𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕦𝕝𝕖 ꧂

moonsago

Listen, I like her but saying she’s all THAT that you just said... gurl... looks? :oprah: where exactly? Incredible music videos? :oprah: ok new rules was very good but that’s ONE video, the rest are guite basic. She can sing? :oprah: k she can sing but can she sAng? And last but not least personality? :selena: she’s adorable I agree but she’s not some larger then life type of human, she doesn’t demand attention when she walks in like Gaga or Beyonce or Rihanna or Cardi, who is in my opinion the biggest and best debut since Gaga ( yet STILL not on the same level as Gaga as she is not global and to the same extreme ). I’m sorry but it’s gonna be real hard for someone to come and take that spot from Gaga or even come close. I really really really like Dua and New Rules is something special I agree, everything about that song and music video and time of release was perfect just like how everything about Bad Romance for a example was just PERFECT, the Universe was working in alliance but she’s not the next Madonna or Gaga or Katy level of success star. She still has a lot to prove and it’s gonna be quite hard for her to resit in this time and age when there’s a new ‘pop girl’ every day that ends up fading away the next day. But here’s to hoping! :icega:

Salvador Sequea
41 minutes ago, moonsago said:

Listen, I like her but saying she’s all THAT that you just said... gurl... looks? :oprah: where exactly? Incredible music videos? :oprah: ok new rules was very good but that’s ONE video, the rest are guite basic. She can sing? :oprah: k she can sing but can she sAng? And last but not least personality? :selena: she’s adorable I agree but she’s not some larger then life type of human, she doesn’t demand attention when she walks in like Gaga or Beyonce or Rihanna or Cardi, who is in my opinion the biggest and best debut since Gaga ( yet STILL not on the same level as Gaga as she is not global and to the same extreme ). I’m sorry but it’s gonna be real hard for someone to come and take that spot from Gaga or even come close. I really really really like Dua and New Rules is something special I agree, everything about that song and music video and time of release was perfect just like how everything about Bad Romance for a example was just PERFECT, the Universe was working in alliance but she’s not the next Madonna or Gaga or Katy level of success star. She still has a lot to prove and it’s gonna be quite hard for her to resit in this time and age when there’s a new ‘pop girl’ every day that ends up fading away the next day. But here’s to hoping! :icega:

You sound like a Madonna fan talking about Gaga.

:reductive:

Anderson123

No, she isn't. Let me remind you that Dua Lipa debuted in 2017, the year where Streaming dominates music right now and so does social media. Back when Gaga debuted it were the MYSPACE days.

I know you guys are desperate for that "It Girl every 10 years" but Dua Lipa isn't really that big, at least here in North America. I like her and I think she's talented, but her album is not really that amazing. Give her time, we'll see what she does with her 2nd album.

GypsyVida
23 minutes ago, moonsago said:

I’m sorry but it’s gonna be real hard for someone to come and take that spot from Gaga or even come close.

tumblr_mnd3bxVVma1s8or22o1_250.gif

I didn't say that she'd take Gaga's spot...   vvv

55 minutes ago, GypsyVida said:

I feel like it's safe to say that Dua is gonna be the next pop princess (Not pop queen tho, that's our mom :derpga:).

Stream COWBOY CARTER

GypsyVida
27 minutes ago, AmericanGUY said:

maybe in the pop realm, but in terms of actual similarity to gaga's huge debut i would have to say cardi b. i mean she's got like three or four songs in the top fove and already a number one under her belt. she's coming for the true title

9 minutes ago, Runway said:

Did Cardi B die??

I mean yeah you guys are right.

I guess I should have put the word "pop" in the title. :diane:

Stream COWBOY CARTER

Florian

Even Meghan Trainor had a bigger debut :selena: And look where she is now.

Let's not judge too quick too fast. Give her time and a second album to see if she sticks

Glamourpuss

I have to agree. I am the type of person who is late twenties approaching thirty and can't enjoy modern pop music in the charts. Every now and again we get a breath of fresh air, somebody to change the whole scene. Gaga came along in 2008 and changed it all drastically. Young millenials can't appreciate it because they don't know how boring and bland music was before. Gaga has paved the way for the likes of Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry to be successful. I really think Dua Lipa is the next one to make pop better again. I mean as long as Gaga takes the Joanne approach but I really appreciate her putting the music before the bling. New Rules is a bop but the lyrics are clever and almost everybody can identify with it. 

Archived