Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Vegas will Gagafy her again

Green Detox

Featured Posts

Green Detox

I really felt like, part of her turning into Joanne and realizing she had to step back from her "Lady Gaga" crazy persona was her moving to Malibu. The mood of california beach where she lived her life in silence and in peace made her think twice about the direction she will be taking on her career, Emotions hit her hard, it struck her so hard that she couldn't even be happy with her extravagant persona anymore.

That did change though in the middle of this era when we started to reach out for the Crazy Gaga again, she did realize it and decided to bring it back a little bit, John Wayne video and the Super Bowl performance was an example, and when she said "Sorry joanne there's a new girl in town" while performing Bloody Mary. It really just depends what mood a place or people give her. And i feel like Vegas will solidify that

"Right in the heart of showbiz baby!"

She's gaining back her Gaga senses, the atmosphere of Las Vegas will give off everything she needs to transform back into Gaga, not just with the outfits or anything visible, but her attitude and the way she'll act and talk in public.

Despite the cons this Residency will give, this is definitely one of its pro.

Lady-Gaga-and-MGM-Resorts-International-

ELEMENTALITY

I just hope it's not a chincey/novelty version of the Gaga we used to know.

Like....one of the things that made me like TFM-BTW era Gaga was her ability to take something incredibly commercial and make it seem high gloss/en vogue/top brow.

If I get like a Disney ass version of TFM in Vegas...I'm gonna be annoyed.

I don't want Lady Gaga: Piece of Me or "Lady Gaga Goes Vegas"

I want it to be "Vegas Goes Gaga". She needs to lift them up, not the other way around. 

Meredith Grey

I think Vegas will really kind of bring the more “Gaga” side out, but it will definitely inspire her to do something new. I do believe the show will allow her to be closer with us Monsters again.

moonsago

You guys need to realize Joanne was a very smart strategic move. She came off of a jazz album where she gained so many new fans from a different demoprahic then before so she had to make another album that would solidify that and their interest. Not to mention C2C wasn’t an album heavily promoted where the GP would be able to see how talented she is so Joanne did that for her, she only solidified herself in the business as an act to stay. She needed this reinvention so with her next album she could be Gaga again. She had to get the GP hungry again for crazy looks and crazy music, she is only building up hype like just think about it, PI was extremely hyped up but TC proved that the hype is even bigger as a song without promo still managed to sell over 400.000 copies, meaning the GP is interested in what she’s up to and they are looking her up without her plastering her work all over, they look her up from their own curiosity. When she announces the next era and the lead single expect it to be a pop masterpiece and for it to go top 5 bookmark me, she’s so smart and you guys don’t give enough credit to her team. Bobby is amazing, he truly saved her career, she could of easily been a nostalgic act nowadays but he did the near impossible ( and yes near impossible cause after ARTPOP she really was over as a mainstream act, the gp was not having it at all, Witness times 100, even most of her fans weren’t ) and put her back on top and believe me that was not an easy thing to do. But talent does win and talent will win again. 

ELEMENTALITY
10 minutes ago, moonsago said:

You guys need to realize Joanne was a very smart strategic move. She came off of a jazz album where she gained so many new fans from a different demoprahic then before so she had to make another album that would solidify that and their interest. Not to mention C2C wasn’t an album heavily promoted where the GP would be able to see how talented she is so Joanne did that for her, she only solidified herself in the business as an act to stay. She needed this reinvention so with her next album she could be Gaga again. She had to get the GP hungry again for crazy looks and crazy music, she is only building up hype like just think about it, PI was extremely hyped up but TC proved that the hype is even bigger as a song without promo still managed to sell over 400.000 copies, meaning the GP is interested in what she’s up to and they are looking her up without her plastering her work all over, they look her up from their own curiosity. When she announces the next era and the lead single expect it to be a pop masterpiece and for it to go top 5 bookmark me, she’s so smart and you guys don’t give enough credit to her team. Bobby is amazing, he truly saved her career, she could of easily been a nostalgic act nowadays but he did the near impossible ( and yes near impossible cause after ARTPOP she really was over as a mainstream act, the gp was not having it at all, Witness times 100, even most of her fans weren’t ) and put her back on top and believe me that was not an easy thing to do. But talent does win and talent will win again. 

I hope all of this is true and that her staff really planned all of this out. But I genuinely believe that there is also one more step before we get that great Gaga pop record....and it's gotta be her doing a few one off singles with people owning the charts right now.

I know that sounds bad. But she hasn't had a naturally occuring smash since 2013. It took alot of effort to make MR a hit. It took the Superbowl. And The Cure? It showed she can still do it at a successful level....but if you want Gaga to have another album with at least 3 smashes like TF, TFM, or BTW....she's going to need to "reintroduce" herself not just to people but RADIO. And she hasn't had that presence or constant kind of re-ringing of her name in people's ears. So I think it would be good on her to do two or three songs on a Cardi B record, maybe a Bieber collab, maybe a Bruno collab, a DJ Khaled record, a Kygo collab, ect....something that gets her name repeated on radio and gets people's appetites wet.

The GP isn't sitting wet for a new a Gaga hit on that level. They respect her but she's not new like that anymore. She has to remind them why she is good on mass viable radio, not on spurratic award shows, rallies, ect that people may/may not tune into. 

she's become the queen of popping up out of nowhere but she needs some consistency. Like people don't anticipate someone who always shows up randomly and goes and shows up and goes away. she needs a fully executed prelude that gets people feel like "she's coming". No one except for fans hype it up. Gaga needs to hype herself up again and what better way than with music that has music videos and are fully radio pushed?

From 2012-2018 Lady Gaga's fans have stanned the **** out of her.

From 2012-2018 Gaga herself has fully promoted (Music Video + Live Performance + Radio Deal + Streaming Banners) only three singles. Three in 6 years. That's Applause (2013), Perfect Illusion (2016) and Million Reasons (2016/2017).  

You can't have a successful album cycle by having your stans post soccer mom accounts and tweeting about and maybe giving it a music video two months after release. You HAVE to promote it properly. She rarely does. So radio never really eats it up. And the ones she has tried....weren't ever really great choices for singles.

Grigio Guy

I’m tired of hearing “I want the old Gaga back” and “her next record better be Gaga”. Lady Gaga has always been a Chameleon. She’s never stuck to the same thing. Just because she’s not doing dark looks, doesn’t mean she’s not Gaga. Her music and creativity is her therapy. By the looks of it, she’s illustrating her happiness through her music and current outfits. The Fame Monster was great and all, but she was obviously expressing a sadness in her. Let’s just be happy she’s happy.

Religion is a product to sell.

Catnikko
40 minutes ago, Green Detox said:

the atmosphere of Las Vegas will give off everything she needs to transform back into Gaga, not just with the outfits or anything visible, but her attitude and the way she'll act and talk in public

& cocaine :ladyhaha:

ELEMENTALITY
6 minutes ago, Cruzifix said:

I’m tired of hearing “I want the old Gaga back” and “her next record better be Gaga”. Lady Gaga has always been a Chameleon. She’s never stuck to the same thing. Just because she’s not doing dark looks, doesn’t mean she’s not Gaga. Her music and creativity is her therapy. By the looks of it, she’s illustrating her happiness through her music and current outfits. The Fame Monster was great and all, but she was obviously expressing a sadness in her. Let’s just be happy she’s happy.

But Lady Gaga being a chameleon should mean she promotes everything like its on an equal level, right?

Like....why is it that she won't properly promote a single since 2013? If she really believes in her work, then Dancin' In Circles and John Wayne and Sinners Prayer and Come to Mama and Joanne and Diamond Heart could have all been singles. But yet again....we got a two singles era after waiting for years.

It's not that she can't create whatever she wants. But PROMOTE it for God's sake. Release music videos in a timely manner. Communicate with your fans what you're up to so they know when to support you. And for God sake's if you don't care about the charts, then why is it we have gotten short singled EVERY era that doesn't perform well? Tons of artists that aren't even as successful as her still have 5 single eras. 

I mean isn't it embarassing that she went from releasing 13 singles + 3 promo singles from 2008-2011 (3 years), and then after that from 2012-2018 (6 years) has had 5 singles + 2 promo singles? 

Grigio Guy
3 minutes ago, ELEMENTALITY said:

But Lady Gaga being a chameleon should mean she promotes everything like its on an equal level, right?

Like....why is it that she won't properly promote a single since 2013? If she really believes in her work, then Dancin' In Circles and John Wayne and Sinners Prayer and Come to Mama and Joanne and Diamond Heart could have all been singles. But yet again....we got a two singles era after waiting for years.

It's not that she can't create whatever she wants. But PROMOTE it for God's sake. Release music videos in a timely manner. Communicate with your fans what you're up to so they know when to support you. And for God sake's if you don't care about the charts, then why is it we have gotten short singled EVERY era that doesn't perform well? Tons of artists that aren't even as successful as her still have 5 single eras. 

If I remember correctly, she said she wasn’t going to promote singles this era. She was going to promote the album, instead. (Can’t remember the source) and we got PI, MR, and JW within a timely manner.

EDIT: we got the music videos within two months of eachother.

Religion is a product to sell.

I knew JoanneGa wouldn’t last long and Stefani wanted Gaga back after this. 

valfre-grammys-best-blog-gaga_d3941bfc-6

I believe Gaga will channel her previous acts during Vegas residency. I’m staying positive cause I think it’ll turn out to be a good impact in her career. 

SiliconeMonster

I agree with you that her permanent move to California has likely changed her perspective on showbiz. Also her work in Hollywood has likely changed that. She's able to be the private person she's always wanted to be and live more freely. I can respect that although I do miss how 'overexposed' she was if that makes sense. I do think it's foolish to think she will ever be the 'Gaga' she was before, considering her persona has consistently changed throughout her career, evolving with her own identity and her music. As long as she's not becoming gimmicky, I think she will continue to evolve as she has in the past. 

Find your freedom in the music

ELEMENTALITY
Just now, Cruzifix said:

If I remember correctly, she said she wasn’t going to promote singles this era. She was going to promote the album, instead. (Can’t remember the source) and we got PI, MR, and JW within a timely manner.

Well she does kind of say things and then goes back on them. But I don't really believe her tbh, because then she would have just dropped Joanne the way B did Beyonce and Lemonade.

She definitely promoted Perfect Illusion and Perfect Illusion alone on her website, released it, and still had yet to reveal the album title. She definitely went to radio stations with that. Like a single.

And then Million Reasons, she definitely had it remixed and only it remixed officially (like a single) on her Spotify account and definitely had it sent to radio like a single. 

1 minute ago, SiliconeMonster said:

I agree with you that her permanent move to California has likely changed her perspective on showbiz. Also her work in Hollywood has likely changed that. She's able to be the private person she's always wanted to be and live more freely. I can respect that although I do miss how 'overexposed' she was if that makes sense. I do think it's foolish to think she will ever be the 'Gaga' she was before, considering her persona has consistently changed throughout her career, evolving with her own identity and her music. As long as she's not becoming gimmicky, I think she will continue to evolve as she has in the past. 

THIS!

Archived