S Club 7 member selling his Brit Award on eBay

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

1839.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Cattermole pictured with the band during their heyday

Paul-Cattermole-Main.jpg

Cattermole now and then

Paul Cattermole, a former member of the chart-topping pop band S Club 7, is auctioning off his Brit award on eBay, citing “bills to pay”. After being put on the auction site for an initial £650, the item has at the time of writing attracted bids of £66,000 (about $90,000+), with three days still to go.

S Club 7, who scored 10 top three hits in the UK including four No 1s, won the best British newcomer award at the 2000 ceremony. Cattermole describes the award as having “signs of age”, and offers a meet and greet with whoever wins the auction, including photos, “distance depending”. “It’s time to let the past be the past,” he adds.

According to former member Hannah Spearritt, each of them earned only £600,000 (about $ 824,000+) over the four years of their most successful period, despite generating millions of sales.

Cattermole left in 2002, with the rest of S Club disbanding in 2003. Cattermole partially reformed the band in 2008 with Jo O’Meara and Bradley McIntosh, later joined by Tina Barrett, though he left again in 2014. In December 2017, the remaining trio released a new single, Family.

source: https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2018/jan/12/s-club-7-brit-award-ebay-paul-cattermole

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Chuckles

The decay of the blonde superstar... tbh I don't even know who they are but they were huge in Europe I guess.

RAMROD

They were very popular in early 2000s

Some of their songs

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a massive S Club 7 fan so to see this is quite sad. They really deserved all the awards they received. But if he's gotta pay the bills then he's gotta pay the bills. :selena:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

RAMROD
3 minutes ago, malazam said:

Isn't that forbidden?

I’d think so but we will see

RAMROD
1 minute ago, Quasi said:

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a massive S Club 7 fan so to see this is quite sad. They really deserved all the awards they received. But if he's gotta pay the bills then he's gotta pay the bills. :selena:

Yeah, shocking and sad that they didn’t make more money when they were famous, I assume the management and label took most of it :(

doppelganger

I would have thought they made more money. I mean there’s the TV show, successful albums. 

migamiga
13 minutes ago, doppelganger said:

I would have thought they made more money. I mean there’s the TV show, successful albums. 

labels and networks own everything. it’s pretty fcked up. they usually just paid an advance and labels make all the money from all the sales

I had to unfollow Paul on social media. His bitterness toward his S Club 7 days is a bit much. Also the feud between him and other member Hannah (also his ex girlfriend) is getting a bit catty. I loved S Club 7 a lot!

LaLuna

Sad to know they were taken advantage of, record labels are such greedy bastards.

I was never a fan but I wish him and the other members the best. 

Archived