💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

A Gaga Hit's Waiting to Happen

SlayGagaloo

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Chrastapher said:

It still happens, I went to the mall the other day and when I walked in they were playing Million Reasons and later that day they played The Cure. I also heard just dance and poker face in the gas station last week and people were singing along to it. And just yesterday I heard paparazzi and bad romance on the radio. Idk if it’s just me but lately I’ve been hearing miss Gaga everywhere  :cryga:

Whaat :wtfga: You’re so lucky! I actually heard Telephone playing on a cafe I was yesterday and it was like the first time in years that I experience hearing that song somewhere besides at home:giveup:

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sneaky Oliver
50 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I'm not saying she won't have a smash hit anymore, as Madonna or Cher. But no, she can't create a smash single with a snap of her fingers.

Even if she still is a good songwriter, there's much more to it. Promotion, performances, music videos, public image. To be honest, she has tried to manage those things properly but never succeeded.

She underpromoted her songs so the public wouldn't get tired of her too quickly, didn't work (in my opinion, because her team expected "Lady Gaga" to be more powerful than it really was, and her name alone could grab people's attention. It doesn't). She did some tamed performances, some more extravagant, didn't work (in my opinion, because she hasn't had a really good powerful concept in years, probably because her creative team back then really was amazing). She did trendy songs, she did basic and more classic-Gaga videos, and none were really that viral (The Cure was a moderate hit and the perfect example of how fans take what they can. Of course it had some impact, but come on... Lady Gaga releases a trendy song, it should have been bigger than that). On the other hand, I think her public image has changed for the better, as people nowadays finally recognise her as a great artist, rather than a pop act. And yet, that is not enough to give her a hit.

And no, of course she wants. If she didn't want to have a smash hit, she wouldn't had released The Cure, she wouldn't had done SB and AMAs and all the other performances, or released a documentary. She wouldn't had changed second singles according to public's demand. Who knows, maybe her songs really haven't been as good as you might claim (and, again, in my opinion, her last great song is Do What U Want and it was terribly wasted. I really think Come to Mama from Joanne could be, if well managed, one of her greatest songs ever as well and could be a turning point in her career, but of course that will never happen because it would be too risky and unpredictable for her).

I kinda agree! Gaga still holds a lot of attention. Perfect Illusion was a smash in its first day, #1 on ITunes of several countries. She has a huge fanbase and her shows are sold-out. My point is if there’s some good promotion, tv performances and social media/streaming she can get a smash hit. It doesn’t need to be trendy at all, some alternative songs become hits because of streaming. She just has to release a catchy tune 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Gaga oh lala

For me I dont care about the charts it all about the music, Regardless She still a queen in my heart.

4 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

A Gaga hit is waiting to happen since 2013 :sweat:

It's time to let go. To be honest, by now, half of Gaga's career is made of hype and future expectations. It's always about "the next album", "the next single", "the next music video", ever since ARTPOP. That's why whenever she gets only moderately successful for a week everyone gets wild and nuts as if it's her greatest comeback, or if she does something only mildly extravagant everyone freaks out.

It's time to accept that she can't create a Bad Romance size hit with a snap of her fingers. If it happens, it happens. Until then, let it be. Top10 for her is already a huge deal.

THIS!

2 hours ago, Mustang07 said:

Whaat :wtfga: You’re so lucky! I actually heard Telephone playing on a cafe I was yesterday and it was like the first time in years that I experience hearing that song somewhere besides at home:giveup:

Last year Million Reasons wouldn’t stop playing on my local radio station also the cure. The Starbucks I go to in my city also played Gypsy, Joanne, and Just another Day last time I was there :gaycat:

I just want her to stop overhyping an era, and then make it lead to underwhelming success. Yes, Gaga has delivered her music to her fans, but what about the GP and the charts that she must care about?

I also want her to plan and execute the era before it happens, and not change anything to it, like for ARTPOP.

Just a formula of a huge radio payola + good, catchy song and danceable + tons of promotion and a music video that has replay value = a smash hit / hit

Kind of like Meant to Be, by Bebe Rexha, which is played many times on the radio here and made it a hit.

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJÖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCÉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

13VictorC

If we excuse ARTPOP for not having a hit because of the many issues behind the scenes and Cheek to Cheek since it served as a reset for her career, then in a way Joanne picks up from where BTW left off.

And Joanne is purposely not conceptual nor electronic in part because Gaga planned a SB era where the commercial promotion would hinge on the Halftime Show. There was a safety net for her to try something different without "flopping".

LG6 will likely be her fully functional and self-made era since BTW. On top of that, it may come before a Vegas residency which would fit perfectly with HitGa.

3 hours ago, Chrastapher said:

Last year Million Reasons wouldn’t stop playing on my local radio station also the cure. The Starbucks I go to in my city also played Gypsy, Joanne, and Just another Day last time I was there :gaycat:

Wow there’s a high chance a little monster is managing the radio station selections in your town tbh:laughga: I’m yet to hear Million Reasons or The Cure on the radio or in some place :cryga:

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

1 hour ago, Mustang07 said:

Wow there’s a high chance a little monster is managing the radio station selections in your town tbh:laughga: I’m yet to hear Million Reasons or The Cure on the radio or in some place :cryga:

It’s like a big radio station in San Diego I doubt it :laughga:

monketsharona
7 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I kinda agree! Gaga still holds a lot of attention. Perfect Illusion was a smash in its first day, #1 on ITunes of several countries. She has a huge fanbase and her shows are sold-out.

The problem is this, she has a fanbase but not the GP (at least not enough for her to get a smash), a fanbase is not enough to push a song or an album very high

Remove all the sales and views and streams from fans on Joanne and you'll see how much it has done..  

And this can be applied to some other pop stars of course

Laceface

She's more appreciated for her talent rather than being a chart topper now imo, her team isn't what it use to be (ignoring Troy) and I'm not sure she's as hungry for it as she once was. She probably just enjoys making music + releasing for fans whilst taking time for herself & her chronic pain. TC was a missed opportunity wit the GP but a lovely gift for us nevertheless. 

ArtGagaPop

I'am really suprised some of you never hear gaga on the radio :poot:
All the biggest radio stations in sweden expect one play her music all the time most of them several times a day. I have heard everything from the cure, MR, just dance, born this way, applause and more in the last year. and songs like alejandro/paparazzi/poker face/bad romance and the edge of glory is litterly played everyday atleast once. 

ordinarynam1310
20 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

(and, again, in my opinion, her last great song is Do What U Want and it was terribly wasted. I really think Come to Mama from Joanne could be, if well managed, one of her greatest songs ever as well and could be a turning point in her career, but of course that will never happen because it would be too risky and unpredictable for her).

THIS!!! The song oozes the vibes she created from Joanne from the sound to the lyrics and it's quite catchy, it has a positive message too. It could've been her Image.

In the end I feel like there are 3 major problems that needed to be solved so Gaga can have a hit which are her streaming power, the single choices and a good conceptual idea for the album and the music video. 

And The Cure did really good despite no promo were given, somehow it's still her 2nd most streamed song on Spotify i think but only because it has a trendy sound. 

Archived