Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

A Gaga Hit's Waiting to Happen

SlayGagaloo

Featured Posts

45 minutes ago, Jorge Gonzalez Varela said:

She doesn't have a big world hit since the single Born This Way in 2011. :(

Born This Way wasn't a big hit world wide. I mean, everybody bought it in it's first two or three weeks because it was 100% the most anticipated song ever. So it hit #1 in many countries but world wide it ended up like Million Reasons. Judas did the opposite. It was a world wide smash (way more than Born This Way) but it didn't work in the US for some reason. :) 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enceladus

I think a big problem is, that Gagas timing is never on point. After the superbowl she had massive hype and the GP cared about her again. They respected her as a true artist and NOW is the time where LG6 should be a thing. I think the GP will forget her again if she doesn’t release something really soon. Same problem with ARTPOP back in the days. 

I don’t start with her team on promo strategies.. this is really tragic :awkney:

i enjoy her music, but I miss her songs played literally everywhere you go

theahsfan
32 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

It is hard for Gaga to get a top 10 hit because otherwise she wouldn't have needed to perform at America's most televised event to achieve a moderate hit single. She has been excelling when it comes to physical sales in comparison to her contemporaries for sure, but currently she has to rely on marketing tactics in order to attain the same amount of success others have by doing minimal promotion. Gaga is not a streaming force at the moment and her team needs to work on that if they want her to have a hit again. 

Because she hasn't released a dance-pop album or stuck to her signature sound since 2013, besides The Cure

tenor.gif?itemid=10120147

theahsfan
49 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

We literally have the same kind of talks every era honestly, let's just wait and see 

But we've only had one era when she didn't put out a pop album? Her last pop album did have 2 Top 10s. 

There was just no chance of it with Joanne because again, it wasn't commercial enough

ArtGagaPop
1 hour ago, JupiterDrive said:

No world wide hit tho and in USA it was also doing well for like a week 

Lol for a week. The song was the most longetivity hit she has had since tfm days. The streaming keept it down from high peaks but it still stayed over 20 weeks on bb and over 200 days on itunes in top 100. Its also her biggest hit on hac radio ever.

KyliesChild
24 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

But we've only had one era when she didn't put out a pop album? Her last pop album did have 2 Top 10s. 

There was just no chance of it with Joanne because again, it wasn't commercial enough

All of Gaga's solo records are pop though. Just because an album is influenced by country/folk music it does not mean it should be categorized into a genre besides pop (unless you're referring to Cheek to Cheek). 

26 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

Because she hasn't released a dance-pop album or stuck to her signature sound since 2013, besides The Cure

tenor.gif?itemid=10120147

All of Gaga's records are distinct sonically, which is what differentiates her from her many of her contemporaries of course. Million Reasons shows that she is capable of creating songs that are different for her whilst still appealing to a large audience. It isn't about the genre of music she makes; it is about marketing. Songs such as "Redbone" and "Feel It Still" are so different from songs that are popular currently yet they are still successful. 

ArtGagaPop
1 hour ago, Jorge Gonzalez Varela said:

Sorry, I forgot Judas, it was her last worldwide hit.

Teog/applause and yes even MR is bigger ww then Judas though :triggered:

Sneaky Oliver
1 hour ago, AlexanderMagno said:

It's time to accept that she can't create a Bad Romance size hit with a snap of her fingers. If it happens, it happens. Until then, let it be. Top10 for her is already a huge deal.

She can. The point is she doesn’t want to. She’s still a good songwriter. And Madonna got smash hits after yeeears of her debut. Even The Cure had a good impact when it came out. Her singles have not longevity cause she’s not a streaming force. But she has improved a lot since ARTPOP

I’m on my Legacy Act era

MaryJaneHolland
4 minutes ago, Epione said:

Knowing what type of music are considered as hits, I really don’t want Gaga to have a hit.:awkney:

This makes no sense.

25 minutes ago, Enceladus said:

I think a big problem is, that Gagas timing is never on point. After the superbowl she had massive hype and the GP cared about her again. They respected her as a true artist and NOW is the time where LG6 should be a thing. I think the GP will forget her again if she doesn’t release something really soon. Same problem with ARTPOP back in the days. 

I don’t start with her team an promo strategies.. this is really tragic :awkney:

i enjoy her music, but I miss her songs played literally everywhere you go

First the AMAs and now the Grammys :awkney: She keeps burying herself :awkney:

ArtGagaPop
6 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

This makes no sense.

First the AMAs and now the Grammys :awkney: She keeps burying herself :awkney:

More like she keeps being on major events so she doesn't get forgotten. Yes it would been great timing for new music but its atleast better then not attending and doing another blackout :shrug:

Because new music is obvs not ready.

MaryJaneHolland
9 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

More like she keeps being on major events so she doesn't get forgotten. Yes it would been great timing for new music but its atleast better then not attending and doing another blackout :shrug:

Because new music is obvs not ready.

That's fine. Hopefully she gets all these major gigs once she has new music out.

AlexanderMagno
29 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

She can. The point is she doesn’t want to. She’s still a good songwriter. And Madonna got smash hits after yeeears of her debut. Even The Cure had a good impact when it came out. Her singles have not longevity cause she’s not a streaming force. But she has improved a lot since ARTPOP

I'm not saying she won't have a smash hit anymore, as Madonna or Cher. But no, she can't create a smash single with a snap of her fingers.

Even if she still is a good songwriter, there's much more to it. Promotion, performances, music videos, public image. To be honest, she has tried to manage those things properly but never succeeded.

She underpromoted her songs so the public wouldn't get tired of her too quickly, didn't work (in my opinion, because her team expected "Lady Gaga" to be more powerful than it really was, and her name alone could grab people's attention. It doesn't). She did some tamed performances, some more extravagant, didn't work (in my opinion, because she hasn't had a really good powerful concept in years, probably because her creative team back then really was amazing). She did trendy songs, she did basic and more classic-Gaga videos, and none were really that viral (The Cure was a moderate hit and the perfect example of how fans take what they can. Of course it had some impact, but come on... Lady Gaga releases a trendy song, it should have been bigger than that). On the other hand, I think her public image has changed for the better, as people nowadays finally recognise her as a great artist, rather than a pop act. And yet, that is not enough to give her a hit.

And no, of course she wants. If she didn't want to have a smash hit, she wouldn't had released The Cure, she wouldn't had done SB and AMAs and all the other performances, or released a documentary. She wouldn't had changed second singles according to public's demand. Who knows, maybe her songs really haven't been as good as you might claim (and, again, in my opinion, her last great song is Do What U Want and it was terribly wasted. I really think Come to Mama from Joanne could be, if well managed, one of her greatest songs ever as well and could be a turning point in her career, but of course that will never happen because it would be too risky and unpredictable for her).

malazam
2 hours ago, Graffiti Heart said:

Exactly :ladyhaha: it had moderate success 

I barely heard it here and like, teenagers knew about its existence but no one really cared about it. When The Cure was released, it was almost the same because it had no promo :triggered: 

TC only needed promo. It took MONTHS for MR to draw the radio audience TC did in one day.

another shot before we kiss the other side

2 hours ago, Mustang07 said:

I don’t really care for this chart thing, but I kinda miss the time when her songs were playing everywhere I went, either on the radio or television

It still happens, I went to the mall the other day and when I walked in they were playing Million Reasons and later that day they played The Cure. I also heard just dance and poker face in the gas station last week and people were singing along to it. And just yesterday I heard paparazzi and bad romance on the radio. Idk if it’s just me but lately I’ve been hearing miss Gaga everywhere  :cryga:

Archived