Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

A Gaga Hit's Waiting to Happen

SlayGagaloo

Featured Posts

SlayGagaloo

since 2015 :) but for some reason, she still hasn't released the right song yet :shrug: 

am I the only one who feels this? 

the hype before Gaga's last release (PI) was through the roof, but she simply didn't deliver :nails: 

she's like, THERE, and I feel like people (who care about pop music of course) are ready for another hit from her, but it's not coming :sweat:

even the cure which obviously is not "smash" material, was a cute platinum hit without any promo 

either she doesn't care anymore (which is a shame, but she has nothing left to prove anyway :classy::spin: or she really IS coming for blood (aka the #2018RadioIsOurs)  :sweat: 

Over.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monketsharona

I honestly feel like we should stop hoping to get another WW smash hit from Lady Gaga 

Let's be happy if she get other top 10s

MaryJaneHolland
2 minutes ago, SlayGagaloo said:

either she doesn't care anymore (which is a shame, but she has nothing left to prove anyway :classy:

She cares. She posted about MR going top 5, there was a scene in 5F2 where they told her her music went up on iTunes and her music has been discounted many times. 

I just think she doesn't have the right team to guide her, but... :triggered: Eh, eh :poot:

AlexanderMagno

A Gaga hit is waiting to happen since 2013 :sweat:

It's time to let go. To be honest, by now, half of Gaga's career is made of hype and future expectations. It's always about "the next album", "the next single", "the next music video", ever since ARTPOP. That's why whenever she gets only moderately successful for a week everyone gets wild and nuts as if it's her greatest comeback, or if she does something only mildly extravagant everyone freaks out.

It's time to accept that she can't create a Bad Romance size hit with a snap of her fingers. If it happens, it happens. Until then, let it be. Top10 for her is already a huge deal.

People really are ready for her to come back, and there was was considerable hype around the AHS/FebruaryGa era for her next release. The fact it never came in the way we all thought it would is a shame, regardless of how much we love Joanne. 

I feel like the opportunity is slipping further and further away to be honest. MR was a cute lil hit in the US, but a typical ‘Lady Gaga’ dance track is what’s needed to get her back on top again. 

I don’t really care for this chart thing, but I kinda miss the time when her songs were playing everywhere I went, either on the radio or television

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, DiamondFart said:

People really are ready for her to come back, and there was was considerable hype around the AHS/FebruaryGa era for her next release. The fact it never came in the way we all thought it would is a shame, regardless of how much we love Joanne. 

I feel like the opportunity is slipping further and further away to be honest. MR was a cute lil hit in the US, but a typical ‘Lady Gaga’ dance track is what’s needed to get her back on top again. 

She had a viral moment that year and the national anthem as well :air: If LG5 lead dropped that February, it would've been BIG :air:

monketsharona
6 minutes ago, OBEY said:

Since your title says hit, remember MR was a hit.

That's true ! 

Though we have to deal with the fact there won't be other Super Bowl boosts on her next albums campaigns ! 

JupiterDrive
10 minutes ago, OBEY said:

Since your title says hit, remember MR was a hit.

No world wide hit tho and in USA it was also doing well for like a week 

LGMonster95

Let me remind you that her last hit is Million Reasons (yeah that was a HIT). But for real now, her next big hit can happen only if she and her team really wants that (they really didnt tried their best) but we should not be desperate for that because she is and will always be a big name no matter if she gets another big hit or not.

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, JupiterDrive said:

Sis, we get it, you're over her and totally hating on what she's doing now. :poot: But MR had longevity both on iTunes and on radio for months after that week you're speaking of.

And it wasn't only in the USA. It went platinum in Australia, double platinum in Brazil and Italy (where it became her longest charting song since Alejandro!).

monketsharona
Just now, LGMonster95 said:

Let me remind you that her last hit is Million Reasons (yeah that was a HIT). But for real now, her next big hit can happen only if she and her team really wants that (they really didnt tried their best) but we should not be desperate for that because she is and will always be a big name no matter if she gets another big hit or not.

MR became a hit only because of SB, if you are honest you'll be fine with it.

She tried a lot before SB with MR (performances, a lot of discounts + other types of promo) and it never really had any significant boost in charts, radios weren't really crazy about it and the video was flopping very very hard. 

Without SB, it's clear MR would have been another underperforming single by Lady Gaga

Now let's see what happens next era without other huge event like SB haltime show. And let's cross fingers ! 

3 minutes ago, JupiterDrive said:

Exactly :ladyhaha: it had moderate success 

I barely heard it here and like, teenagers knew about its existence but no one really cared about it. When The Cure was released, it was almost the same because it had no promo :triggered: 

The night sky tells all

Archived