💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Kesha's 'Warrior' flopped?

Phoebe Buffay

Featured Posts

Phoebe Buffay

Hey y'all.

First of all let me clarify that this is not a hate thread. I love Kesha as much as I love Gaga. :kara: But, I was wondering why Kesha's masterpiece Warrior flopped? :neyde::madge: Die Young was nearly a smash hit and she still put out hits at the time (TiK ToK, Your Love is My Drug, Take It Off, We R Who We R, Blow, Right Round....). If you know please enlighten me. :hor:

Phoebe Buffay
3 minutes ago, GagaEffect said:

Dr. Puke 

1 minute ago, sipthistea said:
  Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

:poot: one more

Hide contents

Music-dr-luke.jpg

But why? He still was her main producer at the time. What did he do? :oprah:

AlexanderMagno

Because Kesha was supposed to be one of those hundreds of artists who have a hit album and are slowly forgotten by the public.

Then she got into the Dr. Luke stuff and her career took a different spin.

If it wasn't for the lawsuit, she would be a natural has been.

That J
5 minutes ago, The Bling said:

giphy.gif

Ask him :derpga:

Her face says so much!!

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Die Young was pulled from the radio and then the next singles were just not enough (Crazy Kids + C’mon...the album had better) and C’mon was her first song since her debut not to go top 10 so maybe America was finally getting tired of her 

maybe Dr Luke played more of a role lmao idk anything about it from back then but everyone else seems to think it 

ZiggyZiggs

It had to do with Die Young being pulled from Radio after the Sandy hook Shooting. The song would’ve gone No.1. The album flopped cuz there wasn’t a hot single to support it 

Edonis
Just now, ZiggyZiggs said:

It had to do with Die Young being pulled from Radio after the Sandy hook Shooting. The song would’ve gone No.1. The album flopped cuz there wasn’t a hot single to support it 

This ^^^^^^^^ Radio banned the song afterwards and I think Kesha had t issue an apology or something. I could be wrong about the last part, but the Sandy Hook murder was essentially why the album got zero attention afterwards.

There could have been better singles choices after Die Young.I also think it's because people expected it to be another Animal/Cannibal autotuned electropop festival (don't get me wrong, I love them as much as I love Warrior), yet they got an album with more rock vibes, and also it was the first one where Kesha actually showed her vocal skills behind that autotune (Wonderland, Past Lives).

Overall, it was a great album but I'd say it wasn't as commercial as her previous works.

The school shootings, Dr. Luke, Adele broke through. The gp moved away from party songs to focus on Adele.

homomo

Die Young’s pull killed the momentum, and Cmon was a pretty horrible basic choice as a second single.

They probably should have pushed either Supernatural, Last Goodbye, or even Thinking of You as the second single. 

DiscoHeaven23

EDIT: I TOTALLLY MISREAD THIS OP. IDK WHY. :sharon:   But do take a moment to look at Rainbow's accomplishments :selena:

tenor.gif?itemid=3526683

WHHHHATTT!

it didn't flopp

She was bound to have no commercial success cuz she was about at the point of no return time wise

And then she came out with a #1 album that has sold on par, if not more than the majority of pop girls

And then she had Praying, which had great longevity and stability. It ended up being a bigger hit in the US than "Chained to the Rhythm", according to Billboard's year end chart. 

Praying (2017)
1st Week: #25
2nd Week: #40
3rd Week: #38
4th Week: #32
5th Week: #24
6th Week: #22 – PEAK POSITION
7th Week: #28
8th Week: #27
9th Week: #26
10th Week: #25
11th Week: #28
12th Week: #24
13th Week: #26 
14th Week: #28
15th Week: #28 
16th Week: #29 
17th Week: #31 
18th Week: #28 
19th Week: #28 
20th Week: #26
21st Week: #35
(knocked out)

The song reached #9 on Pop Radio

and #6 on Adult Pop Radio 

And now she's starting the promotion of her second US single.

Girl did not flop.

anigif_sub-buzz-20698-1499352745-9.gif?d

Archived