đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

"We Need Women on the charts"

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

Comments like "We need women on the charts" and "Kesha deserves a Grammy after what she went through" annoy me because they are misguided. I think that if women are not on the charts then that simply means that they are not delivering the hits that the public wants. I am all for diversity but we can't have diversity for diversity's sake. If males are dominating, it simply means that they are appealing to more people right now. In the case of the Kesha comment, I think someone like Gaga deserves the Grammys more simply because i think her music is better. Kesha's latest project is good but you can't say that she deserves to win simply because she had a rough past.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Radio Ga Ga

The Grammy comment I agree, but I feel like many male acts don’t deserve the chart positions they get on the charts

They are charting higher than females that have the same quality of music.

For example, why did rockstar block havana from number 1

Ryusei

I agree with the diversity for the sake of diversity part. It's just a trend in music rn, it'll change again no need to get so worked up over it. Just enjoy music for the music. I think however that Kesha didnt just get nominations for her story but also cause she delivered a quality album. I honestly hope Praying will win for song and Joanne for album. 

Musery

Ryusei
2 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

The Grammy comment I agree, but I feel like many male acts don’t deserve the chart positions they get on the charts

Cause it got more streams and downloads?? (and maybe radio airplay idk) It's not blocking anything. As much as i dislike that song, I doubt post malone's people were like: We gotta pay billboard to keep that woman from getting #1 like... no

Musery

5 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Rockstar is a good song and Havana is not bad but the GP simply decided that they liked Rockstar more.

2 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Idk this may be crazy but some people might actually like rockstar better :trollga: 

8 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

I agree with the diversity for the sake of diversity part. It's just a trend in music rn, it'll change again no need to get so worked up over it. Just enjoy music for the music. I think however that Kesha didnt just get nominations for her story but also cause she delivered a quality album. I honestly hope Praying will win for song and Joanne for album. 

I agree that she delivered quality and if she wins over Gaga I would be ok with it(Although i think Joanne is better), but you can't say that she deserves to win simply because of what she went through.

18 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Payola. I personally found Rockstar is be a boring song.

ArtGagaPop

Tbh with the charting its more what's the radios/ streaming wants to become a hit or who pays more and thats currently younger artists and mostly males.

sipthistea

Praying is a great song, and Rainbow is a great album. Both Gaga and Kesha deserve the Grammys, but I would prefer Kesha getting them 'cause first of all, Gaga already has 6. And it would also be a slap in the face to Dr Puke for his horrible actions. 

freebit

It's more than "they're just not giving the people want they want. :shrug:" It's a domino effect from streaming. Who is the dominant force driving trash like Post Malone to #1? Young men. I'll be you anything most of them are white suburban teens posturing and trying to look cool. Once we get away from one demographic running the show for streaming, we'll hopefully have more women on the charts. 

Radio Ga Ga
47 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Cause it got more streams and downloads?? (and maybe radio airplay idk) It's not blocking anything. As much as i dislike that song, I doubt post malone's people were like: We gotta pay billboard to keep that woman from getting #1 like... no

46 minutes ago, Quark said:

Rockstar is a good song and Havana is not bad but the GP simply decided that they liked Rockstar more.

45 minutes ago, Chrastapher said:

Idk this may be crazy but some people might actually like rockstar better :trollga: 

Here's the answer:

17 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

Tbh with the charting its more what's the radios/ streaming wants to become a hit or who pays more and thats currently younger artists and mostly males.

Sales use to be the biggest factor in chart positions, and sales actually reflect what music listeners like the most, becuase you really had to like the song to spend $1.29 on it

But with streaming, many people simply listen to playlists, and playlists are easily manipulated by the music industry. I don't think it's a coincidence that the downfall of pop girls and female singers in general coincided with the rise of streaming. Less pop girls on the charts could actually just be reflecting how unwilling the music industry is to push female acts.

NIghtmareElm

I think it's so stupid when people say that an artist doesn't deserve to be on the charts.  That's just immature and flat out bitter.  They obviously knew what they were doing when they made the song.  They worked hard.   They wanted and intended for it to be a hit.  As much as I freaking loathe Despacito and was glad that Taylor killed it, the Luis dude worked hard at making to get it to be a hit even though the song is worse than feces.  If you score a #1 hit even though the song is horrible or great, you deserve it.  

Post Malone is extremely unique with a unique voice.  The dude chased his dream when he moved to Cali, took risks, and now look where he is.  

Just because Gaga or Kesha is not charting, doesn't mean you should be bitter about other artists on the charts.  Gaga can make a hit if she wants to and if she works hard to.  When Gaga has a hit again, so many people on this one sided website will change their views and minds on how a song becomes a hit.  All of a sudden they will say "TALENT WINS" followed by the usual unoriginal gif.  They won't say that the radios or streaming services wanted her to have a hit.  They won't mention payola.  Stop being hypocrites just because your favorite artists are not charting.  

Sizzily

I mean, this is a mostly gay website and most gays really like female artists so its understandable that they would be so biased. But its annoying.

One Banned Boi

Archived