Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Mother of H&M kid : "Get over it!"

OBEY

Featured Posts

JohnWayne92
28 minutes ago, FilthyPOP414 said:

Yea that's right. Shut up. Unless you're a Mexican immigrant who's gay and HIV positive like me, you can take your light-skinned privilege ass off from commenting back because I do the most for my black best friends and I am a true activist who helped elect Obama twice. I guess racism and progressivism isn't needed to be fought for since Canadians have it so good with y'alls flawless leader. Try living in a pre-regime AmeriKKKa. Log off. 

Bye. 

...so how is this not you being racist? State your claim, that's your privilege, but perhaps you should strive to stray away from being the thing you're literally complaining about. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Xoxo Adriana

...so should we be bashing the mother instead of H&M? :poot: get ha!

Borislshere
2 hours ago, illbekind said:

Exactly - was. Nobody uses that term anymore because it’s not a thing. People being offended by this is giving it life that it doesn’t deserve. Just because people haven’t heard of that term doesn’t make them not “woke” - it’s just an obvious oversight because NOBODY USES THAT TERM. Ffs it’s like you want to be offended by this. It’s a mistake, H&M have apologised, what else is it that you want exactly? 

Ok

FalsePromise

Amen. It just shows that Weeknd guy needed some promotion over "social" problems. He can leave, never liked him. Creating drama to self promote is so Swifty.

ModernEcstasy

Good for her. It’s whether or not people choose to be offended by this. 

Yes its a very delicate subject, but the issue has only come up because somebody kicked up a fuss. If she can see no harm, it can’t be that big of a deal? 

I hope people can see that this was an honest mistake. 

LadyLuca
6 hours ago, Borislshere said:

It’d be a cold day in hell before I let my future child where a shirt that referred to him as a monkey in a jungle. You do you though sis, secure the bag.

But Would you also forbid your child to dress as a monkey for Halloween?  

Im not going to Tell you what you should do, but isnt putting things in context obligatory in many situations (General)

i can understand it if you want to protect ur child from racist relations made by others. In conclusion to that, I would Not say sonething against it. 

However, in this context I also dont see evidence that try to make this photoshoot racist. 

Statment: context matters

codymonster

Yes!!!!! She didn’t give a ****, because she knew that this is not what it was meaning! She is intelligent and realizing that we don’t have to cry racism is actual racism isn’t there.

If anything, this stupid situation is just a distraction from ACTUAL racism that goes on all the time. We should be focused on that; not this situation where a t-shirt could-kinda-sorta be viewed racist if you read into it a certain way. 

EDIT: I’m curious where all the people who were ripping me apart for thinking that the situation was an overreaction. Here is solid proof from the people ACTUALLY INVOLVED IN THE SITUATION they don’t care and think people are overreacting. It’s fine if you did think the shirt was insensitive, but don’t call me a racist for thinking it’s an overreaction, unless your willing to call this mother a racist too.

theahsfan

Anyone condemning this jumper is SO STUPID

Calling a child a "monkey" is a term of endearment, at least here in the UK

I mean, I'm white and I was called a "little monkey" countless times as a child

RAMROD
3 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

Anyone condemning this jumper is SO STUPID

Calling a child a "monkey" is a term of endearment, at least here in the UK

I mean, I'm white and I was called a "little monkey" countless times as a child

This thing lost in translation outside of UK because it’s different culture altogether. Can’t blame them that much tbh.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Grigio Guy
6 hours ago, FilthyPOP414 said:

Y'all realize that porch money was used just as often as n*gger right? Like they're both slurs. Imagine seeing a slur word on your race as a "cute shirt". 

Sis, kids are constantly referred to as monkeys. When I saw the shirt I only thought about the joys of being a wild kid at that age. :shrug: Hell, my mother would tell me stop “actuando como un chango” (acting like a monkey) when I was running a muck.

Not everyone can see the racism behind this because a lot of people don’t think that way. It’s not being ignorant, it’s simply perception.

Religion is a product to sell.

God the lot of you are so ignorant of the racial discrimination black people go through on a daily basis, 

1. Miss me with the "Different Culture" bullshit. Black people have been referred to and implied as monkeys all over the world. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-conversation-africa/comparing-black-people-to_b_9345322.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/13/world/asia/china-racist-museum-exhibit.html

https://popularresistance.org/deep-racism-the-forgotten-history-of-human-zoos/

http://www.cbc.ca/natureofthings/features/human-zoos-a-shocking-history-of-shame-and-exploitation

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/opinion/richard-evans-throwing-bananas-at-black-sportsmen-has-been-recognised-as-racism-across-europe-for-decades/news-story/afcb5d4a634119b327507e7616755e0b

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/13/us/official-racist-post-return-trnd/index.html

This isn't some SJW overreaction, so stop trying to twist the narrative, it won't work. Black people are still seen as being sub-human and primitive, implying that they are monkeys is a common way to reaffirm that belief. 

2. Whites and Blacks are NOT seen as equal in the majority of the world. Sorry to burst your bubble but were not. Sometimes I think a lot of you guys tackle issues like these as if we are, but we're not. Black people are seen as unintelligent, rude, violent, and primitive. So when your family members call you a monkey, it will carry different weight then if it was said to a black person. White people are notorious for saying slick **** and then acting like the victim when they get called out. Let me remind you, referring, calling, or implying black people are monkeys will always be seen as a racist jab. 

3. As @Borislshere said if the mother doesn't find anything wrong with the photo that is her opinion but it does not negate the history of the correlation between black people and monkeys. If a 13-year-old is having sex with a 27-year-old, it doesn't matter if she/he felt they weren't manipulated, the truth is they were. 

4. Microaggressions are very real and it takes a toll on the mind and spirit of those affected by it. Just like any forms of bullying it can cause damage to one self-worth. 

I don't like bringing up race on GGD because honestly a lot of you really don't get it and that's okay since your not effect by it and can go your entire lives without being affected by it, but please do not try can tell people what they should and shouldn't be offended by, especially with an issue that is still used to dehumanize black people. 

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

LadyLuca
3 minutes ago, T3ARS said:

God the lot of you are so ignorant of the racial discrimination black people go through on a daily basis, 

1. Miss me with the "Different Culture" bullshit. Black people have been referred to and implied as monkeys all over the world. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-conversation-africa/comparing-black-people-to_b_9345322.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/13/world/asia/china-racist-museum-exhibit.html

https://popularresistance.org/deep-racism-the-forgotten-history-of-human-zoos/

http://www.cbc.ca/natureofthings/features/human-zoos-a-shocking-history-of-shame-and-exploitation

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/opinion/richard-evans-throwing-bananas-at-black-sportsmen-has-been-recognised-as-racism-across-europe-for-decades/news-story/afcb5d4a634119b327507e7616755e0b

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/13/us/official-racist-post-return-trnd/index.html

This isn't some SJW overreaction, so stop trying to twist the narrative, it won't work. Black people are still seen as being sub-human and primitive, implying that they are monkeys is a common way to reaffirm that belief. 

2. Whites and Blacks are NOT seen as equal in the majority of the world. Sorry to burst your bubble but were not. Sometimes I think a lot of you guys tackle issues like these as if we are, but we're not. Black people are seen as unintelligent, rude, violent, and primitive. So when your family members call you a monkey, it will carry different weight then if it was said to a black person. White people are notorious for saying slick **** and then acting like the victim when they get called out. Let me remind you, referring, calling, or implying black people are monkeys will always be seen as a racist jab. 

3. As @Borislshere said if the mother doesn't find anything wrong with the photo that is her opinion but it does not negate the history of the correlation between black people and monkeys. If a 13-year-old is having sex with a 27-year-old, it doesn't matter if she/he felt they weren't manipulated, the truth is they were. 

4. Microaggressions are very real and it takes a toll on the mind and spirit of those affected by it. Just like any forms of bullying it can cause damage to one self-worth. 

I don't like bringing up race on GGD because honestly a lot of you really don't get it and that's okay since your not effect by it and can go your entire lives without being affected by it, but please do not try can tell people what they should and shouldn't be offended by, especially with an issue that is still used to dehumanize black people. 

I agree that you cant force someone to not feel offended. But also, not everyone has to please you in anyway.

This monkey thing is an overreaction.

I remember in my town they forbid christmas decortation cuz its too popular and it would be offending to people with other religion (minority)  for both are no offendings and appologiez needed.

What is important is context! Context is a basic instrument of judgmental thinking. You cant just make statements if u dont know everything. Then justice/law system would not work. (far away example i know) For me the monkey thing, is same as not letting black people work, cuz someone can releate this to slavery aka another racism problem. (another extreme but it fits to the monkey shirt)

To microagression. I hate them.  On one hand, I understand that people dont want to be assosiated with racism andso on. Especially people who are ashamed of their country having so much trouble with racism. Or effected people that dont want to get harmed (or dont want others to get harmed)

but !- By making thinks big which are not acutally racist it get dangerous. Those microagressions stop the progress of making monkey a silly word for kids and turining them into a racist meaning again. Which ofcourse should not be goal. Another danger of the microagression thinking is that you can make an microagression out of EVERYTHING. It will seperate people even more.

I cant agree on a racism problem here, but everybody has to decide that on their own. I think the lagre majority of GGD also think that people should be able to live equally together. Just because not everybody feels offened, doesnt mean they are unaware of racist. They just feel diffrent about this. (but who am I to say, I never saw someone in RL here)

Original Diva

I'm so sick of this. Anyone else could have worn this and it would be no problem. But if course people make a huge deal of absolutely nothing.  

excuse me no

It's only the SJW's seeing a black child wearing a monkey t shirt and thinking about a correlation, interesting. Perhaps they're the true racists

5 hours ago, Borislshere said:

Ok

And where are the links to the studies? Just because something is written in a video doesn't mean it's true:saladga:

Some people here...:triggered:

Archived