celeb

Mother of H&M kid : "Get over it!"

OBEY

Featured Posts

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Watch the segment, the specific bit that I'm talking about is only 4:18-4:44. Wendy was basically suggesting that everyone in Sweden is white

She meant majority are white. She’s not wrong about how the mother should’ve responded.

2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

regarding how the mother will think because she's Swedish.

Mother is black or half black Swedish, so it’s obvious Wendy doesn’t think all Swedes are white, she just meant European mentality is different when it comes to dealing with racism and they’re not aware if some things are offensive. But this slur IS used everywhere, it’s not American exclusive thing. Football fans of opposite teams throwing bananas at black players, why do you think that is? This is known thing. It’s offensive. 

FreePalestine

4 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

But so what? All this proves is that you're the one with the weird obsession because you've researched how many times I said "Sweden" or "Swedish" on GGD in my life. Stop hounding me.

I don't give a f**k

You’re losing your cool girl. Calm down and stop cursing.

I just brought the receipts because you claimed you didn’t bring up Sweden more than twice in discussions about culture, race and immigrants. 

FreePalestine

StrawberryBlond
4 minutes ago, lego said:

She meant majority are white. She’s not wrong about how the mother should’ve responded.

Mother is black or half black Swedish, so it’s obvious Wendy doesn’t think all Swedes are white, she just meant European mentality is different when it comes to dealing with racism and they’re not aware if some things are offensive. But this slur IS used everywhere, it’s not American exclusive thing. Football fans of opposite teams throwing bananas at black players, why do you think that is? This is known thing. It’s offensive. 

Whatever. I actually agree with her when she said "she could've said..." but hey, it's just a modelling job. It's not like the kids' being abused or anything. Unless there's abuse going on, a parent has a right to do what they think is right. This poor mother's being hounded over nothing and mothers really don't need that extra stress in their life. Social media is toxic when it comes to this stuff.

Yeah, our mentality is different but it's offensive to say that we aren't educated on what's racially offensive. We know the connotations the word has but we also have a perfectly innocent way to use it too. The hoodie used the innocent one. Do you think they would have put a white child in it? Of course they would have.

Just now, lego said:

You’re losing your cool girl. Calm down and stop cursing.

I just brought the receipts because you claimed you didn’t bring up Sweden more than twice in discussions about culture, race and immigrants. 

Of course I'm losing my cool. You're insinuating that I'm a racist and it's not true. I'm prone to lose it when people speak lies about me.

Yeah, you brought the receipts. I guess I'm obsessed about a whole lot of other things as well, then, considering that I just tend to bring up the same topics over and over. But you just hone in on references to Sweden. Talk about cherry picking.

FRANK1991

not to those people who trashed the store in South Africa :trollga:

they were not over it:trollga:

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

I love how Wendy evidently knows **** all about Sweden and just makes uneducated assumptions, I'd say she's worse than H&M. 

Yemeni Feed
On 1/11/2018 at 8:43 AM, illbekind said:

They’re Swedish after all.

I agree with you. People are just being totally over reactive about this not so important topic. If any of the wars were taken on this level of seriosity, we probably would not have any problems. I support the BLM movement, but making such a huge deal out of something like this is way over the line. Just dont be ignorant towards other things that are happening that can be prevented. People are dying, and all the west seems to care about is some kid wearing a hoodie that says king of the jungle. FFs. :triggered:

Instagram.com/1.mxe

ToxicHot

It's all about interpretation. I can DEFINITELY see how the shirt was problematic, don't get me wrong about that. But I truly don't believe that H&M officials/employees and even the child's own mother intentionally saw the shirt as racist. "Monkey" was clearly used in an innocent, play-like matter. But it does have a negative connotation behind it towards African poc, so I see why people were so upset. Would people still make a big deal about it had the boy been of any other color?

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Archived