question

Gaga Songs: is it a banger or a bop?

juju

Featured Posts

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ferretti

BANGER, this is a song of goddesses. I die for it. <-- Ooops, that was for Highway.

Monster is a bop for me.

disco stick tester, inquire within

Just now, Poissonche said:

Monster is a banger, I guess? It's hard to be clear on that one...

It had me stumped for the longest but I myself placed it as "bop", it never gets over that threshold of full on banger :oprah: 

❤ x ❤

Tom Nook
2 minutes ago, that juju said:

NEXT UP:

MONSTER
tumblr_n4k17gZ81g1qg10guo2_r1_250.gif

A banger tbh

Don’t call me Gaga

choq.gif?resize=709,528&ssl=1

I’ve never seen one like that before 

tenor.gif?itemid=5630599

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Poissonche
1 minute ago, that juju said:

It had me stumped for the longest but I myself placed it as "bop", it never gets over that threshold of full on banger :oprah: 

Yeah, I had originally written bop, but then that CHORUS played in my head... So I'll stay with banger, but it's a semi-banger.

Just now, Poissonche said:

Yeah, I had originally written bop, but then that CHORUS played in my head... So I'll stay with banger, but it's a semi-banger.

like a Diet Banger. A Banger-lite, but then in my mind that makes it a bop :air: 

the very reason I made this thread, I need discourse :selena: 

❤ x ❤

Lextyr97
41 minutes ago, that juju said:

This is purely for science. :stalkga: 

Reveal hidden contents

So, I typically classify music in three categories: Ballads, Bops, and Bangers. Gaga is known for her mastery in all three. 
My question to you is, and what I'm needing help in this research, is where you would place certain songs AND why.

Ballad = a slower arrangement, not always but typically of the more somber nature. A ballad can use traditional instruments, or be completely electronic, however it is usually very distinguishable when paired beside a Bop. You will 97% know the different based around tempo and subject matter/vocal delivery.

Bop = something that inspires you to move a bit, not not necessarily enough to wreck a hotel room. Usually around a more laid-back sonic soundscape, usually mid-tempo, but can be of the faster variety. It's something than can be played in the background and not be too "in your face"/something more akin to easy-listening but more enjoyable and less lame. The key in deciding is considering the *slaps* (moments in the instrumental that inspire movement) and in the *bangs* (moments the instrumental and vocals and everything transcends into another realm completely beyond the atmosphere of a "bop"). If you count a fair share of slaps but few bangs, generally less than two, then it is most likely a bop. 

Bangers = songs that go and go and go and just don't stop. Very little let up. Usually high-octane adrenaline rushes. Contain more power than a Bop.

So I'll name a song, and you respond: Is it a banger? Is it a bop? And why?

Results compiled from this thread will be used to further my studies of the nature of boppology and bangerisms.

Reveal hidden contents

Consensus: 
Name
Bop Tally \\ Banger Tally

HIghway Unicorn
Diamond Heart
Monster

First song!

Highway Unicorn (Road to Love) (Born This Way, 2011)

tumblr_nrhrbhrPvY1rtzo3co1_500.gif

Is this a full-fledged banger, or does it fall under "bop"?

A. ****ING. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

19 minutes ago, that juju said:

Only two so far, that's cool, next song:

Diamond Heart (Joanne, 2016)

980x.gif

Bangerrrrr x232

7 minutes ago, that juju said:

NEXT UP:

MONSTER
tumblr_n4k17gZ81g1qg10guo2_r1_250.gif

Bop (almost always skipped)

3 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

A. ****ING. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Bangerrrrr x232

Bop (almost always skipped)

finally someone that can spot on when they see one :diane:  100%

❤ x ❤

Adding to Highway Unicorn / Diamond Heart / Monster...

MANiCURE (ARTPOP, 2013)

tumblr_myckcr6B3Y1s5jacpo1_500.gif

Banger? Or Bop?

❤ x ❤

Archived