Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

The Weeknd won't work with H&M again

OBEY

Featured Posts

Anderson123

I mean, the monkey thing is obviously about kids being playful but it’s 2018 and people get offended about EVERYTHING, why the hell did the people at H&M not think about this when they decided to post it online? They printed the hoodie, did a photoshoot, post production etc. and I’m surprised no one said anything knowing you can get backlash about anything now. 

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

But that's what I'm saying.

Explain. I'm merely stating that any decision/offense had by SJW's is terrible and this is an example of it, so is trans representation

DeleteMyAccount
Just now, Craven Moorecox said:

Not all black people do that... I don’t and I find this quite offensive

Did I say all black people? The point is that is happens and that it's unfortunate that we all end up having these discussion without any actual resolution.

JusKeepBreathin
29 minutes ago, OBEY said:

woke king of sex pop

Its The Weeknd not Weekend. This ad is disgusting, but H&M is a European company. Just a question, are black people referred to as monkeys in Europe too? I still think it's gross but I would forgive the mistake if it was lack of knowledge rather than outright racism. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Borislshere
3 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

Never said that but it's funny how people will call this out (which is something that is a huge marketing misstep) but ignore the fact that there are children/people around the world that live in poverty so they can get the newest/on-trend thing.

I mean why not spread awareness about sweatshops then? If it’s something that bothers you then speak up on it? This thread is about an h&m incident 

Bellatrix
4 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

GGD remains racist i see.

Certainly not all of you.

But so many of you here act all liberal, but whenever it comes to race, you don't get it.

For years black people have been referred to as monkeys or told they look like monkeys.

This shirt is unacceptable and I wouldn't want to be associated with the company either. 

Be careful before calling people racist. People use that word too easily these days.

I don't see one racist comment in this thread. You're not automatically a racist just because you realize that it was a mistake and they didn't mean to offend anyone. Everyone can do wrong and what I've heard they've removed it so now everyone can chill the fk out and move on with their lives.

1 minute ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Its The Weeknd not Weekend. This ad is disgusting, but H&M is a European company. Just a question, are black people referred to as monkeys in Europe too? I still think it's gross but I would forgive the mistake if it was lack of knowledge rather than outright racism. 

oops stupid macbook autocorrect!

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, Bellatrix said:

Be careful before calling people racist. People use that word too easily these days.

I don't see one racist comment in this thread. You're not automatically a racist just because you realize that it was a mistake and they didn't mean to offend anyone. Everyone can do wrong and what I've heard they've removed it so now everyone can chill the fk out and move on with their lives.

people think they're not racist if they're not saying the N word or lynching people.

There are many people out there who are racist (and perhaps prejudice) and don't know it. 

Careful how you defend people being called racist. 

kvnrp
3 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Just a question, are black people referred to as monkeys in Europe too?

Not at all.

As a matter of fact, as a European, I don't see that picture to be racist at all. Only after I saw the tweet and this thread, I noticed that some people think that way.

DeleteMyAccount
Just now, Chic said:

Explain. I'm merely stating that any decision/offense had by SJW's is terrible and this is an example of it, so is trans representation

Yes. But the implication is why people are upset. Do you not understand the history of why this may be upsetting to some? No, because you don't belong that that group of people. WE ALL KNOW that H&M didn't imply that black people are monkeys. You hear me? BUT the marketing will surely get in hot water for this. I don't understand why you have to be mad at people for something you think is ridiculous. Why waste that time?

And I brought up trans representation because we've seen this exact scenario take place with other companies. Are the companies transphobic? Probably not, but it's probably best to remind people of why we shouldn't have certain imagery combined as it narrates a specific narration. 

I don't really get your war with SJW if you think their war isn't serious. Why bring it up then?

LordEnigma
Just now, Borislshere said:

I mean why not spread awareness about sweatshops then? If it’s something that bothers you then speak up on it? This thread is about an h&m incident 

Well, I guess you aren't seeing my point and maybe I'm not communicating it in the right way.

Bellatrix
Just now, DiscoHeaven23 said:

people think they're not racist if they're not saying the N word or lynching people.

There are many people out there who are racist (and perhaps prejudice) and don't know it. 

Careful how you defend people being called racist. 

Oh yeah, so it's up to you to decide who's a racist then? Makes sense.

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, Doot said:

If a person looked at that image of the little boy, and thought “That’s cute.”....that’s not being racist. 

If anything, if you looked at the word monkey and thought of black people, that’s a little questionable. 

no. It's called being knowledgable about the history of black people being called monkeys. 

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived