Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

The Weeknd won't work with H&M again

OBEY

Featured Posts

BloodyJudas
Just now, RudzXinc said:

Over reacting much :awkney:

We are not overreacting. This is cheap AF! They are being really insensitive....

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LordEnigma
9 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

Watch ggd defend H&M 

Do you shop places where they pay workers little to no money to produce/manufacture your clothes?

There's a lot of other issues in the fashion industry that people like to ignore.

If the child who wears the hoodie and his parent weren't offended, I don't know why the internet should

Stop the unnecessary drama, please

kvnrp

tumblr_micfhdhLbV1r713xdo1_400.gif

Can we please not repeat 2017 again and get offended by everything?

Yes it's a fück up, but saying "I'm never gonna buy from them again"? I'll see you next week at a H&M nearby :icega:

Rudz Xinc
Just now, BloodyJudas said:

We are not overreacting. This is cheap AF! They are being really insensitive....

See what you wanna see. If your mind fill with negative energy. Then everything is offensive to you.

Look at those clowns

DiscoHeaven23

GGD remains racist i see.

Certainly not all of you.

But so many of you here act all liberal, but whenever it comes to race, you don't get it.

For years black people have been referred to as monkeys or told they look like monkeys.

This shirt is unacceptable and I wouldn't want to be associated with the company either. 

DeleteMyAccount
2 minutes ago, Chic said:

Implications are irrelevant to me. What could simply be a computer generated image of a piece of cloth from a fashion store is not cause for offense. Ironically, by putting this in the public eye, they are reinforcing the stereotype that "black people = monkeys" and making it into something it isn't. A black kid wearing this hoodie is not a problem. If they didn't make an issue of it, it would simply just be a kid wearing a cute little hoodie.

I absolutely hate when people bring my status as a trans person into these arguments. No, I don't care much for the social representation of trans people, considering the vast majority of the representation they like tends to absolutely suck and make things worse for the community. So no thanks. And anyway, the exposure of trans media hurts people that pass as biologically female, and the over-offense to everything (especially in regards to its correlation with SJW's/trans people) has only done harm.

But that's what I'm saying.

Normally I'd side-eye the hell out of a company for this, but I don't think it was intentional. It looks like H&M uses a lot of black & non-white child models for their clothing.

Let's say that they didn't, and a majority of their models were white and the one model they did use to model this shirt was black, then we'd be onto something.

That being said, I want to know whose head this went over. Someone needs to be fired. :usrs:

Borislshere
Just now, Alexander Levi said:

Do you shop places where they pay workers little to no money to produce/manufacture your clothes?

There's a lot of other issues in the fashion industry that people like to ignore.

So I’m automatically supposed to be okay with this?

LordEnigma
3 minutes ago, BloodyJudas said:

I am utterly disgusted by their recklessness and audacity to print such an abhorrent writing ona  hoodie! Shame on them! From now on  I won't buy any piece of clothing from them, either. Kudos to the Weeknd for sticking up, I am proud of him. I am also devastated to see that someone could've come up with such an insensitive idea. That's just wrong on so many levels, guys! There should be some consequences of their actions! If it were a white guy and it would offend him somehow, it would be all over the Internet.... but it seems like people get away with disrespecting the Black Culture. I won't even begin to mention the misappropriation of the Black Culture by pop culture and white artists who just want to cash in on it, but they stay silent when police brutality towards Black People takes place on a daily basis, And this is coming from a white guy. 

What is happening to this world? 

I think this is a real marketing flaw and I HIGHLY doubt they were doing this on purpose. But it's a big mess up.

Can we get as upset about the people in sweatshops manufacturing the clothes you wear? That is something done on purpose by the fashion industry.

LordEnigma
Just now, Borislshere said:

So I’m automatically supposed to be okay with this?

Never said that but it's funny how people will call this out (which is something that is a huge marketing misstep) but ignore the fact that there are children/people around the world that live in poverty so they can get the newest/on-trend thing.

DeleteMyAccount
5 minutes ago, Doot said:

Calm down. This is a discussion about a sweater, no one mentioned trans people. 

I am calm. I merely asked a question about unfortunate exposure of people and/or products in stereotypical/misleading ways. We've seen these things happen with Urban Outfitters and the trans community as well It's easy for a people to blow off things that don't matter to them. In fact it makes no sense having non-black people telling black people how to feel when these things consistently happen. And even if this event was unintended, it's a great way to create discussion about why this correlations shouldn't continue to be made. We can't look through one lens because many are effected by poor marketing at some point.

Craven Moorecox
28 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

It's sad because I see black friends on social media referring themselves or others to gorillas often. 

Not all black people do that... I don’t and I find this quite offensive

Rudz Xinc

Americans being Americans like usual. Everything is offensive. If Asian kid wearing a tee "Bland Like Tofu" (I'm just making words up) :ladyhaha: or any stereotyping quote. I bet Asians won't even care.

Look at those clowns

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived