celeb

The Weeknd won't work with H&M again

OBEY

Featured Posts

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeleteMyAccount

It's sad because I see black friends on social media referring themselves or others to gorillas often. 

Robo Ga

Seems kind of dramatic, I'd assume this was a mistake/oversight... no company acting in self-interest would want this kind of public attention. If they were actually racist they probably just wouldn't use black models. It's hard for me to believe this was actually due to malice 

🤖⚡️

blackpink

that’s really problematic. h&m should’ve known that isn’t appropriate, even if it was a mistake. they could’ve avoided any mess but chose not to :rip: 

LetsGetHigh

This is only racist if you still link POC to monkeys. Many of these are autogenerated using Photoshop but still astonishing how it still went through publication. 

LordEnigma

I hardly doubt they did this on purpose... I don't know how it got through so many channels before this photo got published, but I'm sure they didn't mean to do this.

It's a definite **** up though.

Morphine Prince

Who approved of this? Tf? 

Someone needs to be fired. 

I've bought a few things from H&M in the past but now I'll need to rethink if I should give my money to this company. 

NintendoMONSTER

But no one says anything about the children in China, India and other countries who work for more than 10 hours a day... 

But people are offended by this marketing fail... :duck:  For me this is a picture with a little boy wearing a sweater with animal references. I would never have realized this can be perceived as racism.... 

Gypsygaga1

I only see a cute boy in a sweet sweater. And I think they compare the playful nature of the child with that of a monkey, not the color of the skin

Perfect Ilusion

DiamondAngel

I don't think it was done on purpose and I feel bad for the person who likely didn't know and is now facing all this crap. My dad called me "monkey" all the time, I work in a daycare and I call my kids monkey. I didn't know until about a year ago actually that it was offensive to black people. I probably would have made the same mistake. Poor guy, whoever made that shirt. Hope he's ok and can get back up on his feet. 

Offended by a hoodie that nobody would care about or acknowledge except SJW's so it has zero cultural impact nor does it perpetuate culturally racist norms due to its irrelevance

Can I pretend to be offended by the shitty way he treats women in his music or nah lmao it's a kiiii

OliverViennese
3 minutes ago, NintendoMONSTER said:

But no one says anything about the children in China, India and more who work for more than 10 hours a day... 

whataboutism

https://www.last.fm/user/derOlliM

NIGHTCRAWLER

I actually think the sweat is cute for children. It's always the same, big controversies over not much. You should make sure that everyone feels good everyday in this society, and make sure you never participate in discrimination, instead of screaming when there's something like that happening.

Be the change you wanna see. Stop talking, start acting

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived