Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lana being sued by Radiohead

youandi

Featured Posts

I’m a Radiohead fan, but they are absolutely wrong here. 

I would say there is about a 10% similarity, so their greedy asses should’ve been satisfied with 40%

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ProdigyARTPOP

You guys really don’t know how publishing royalties work, 40% is nothing to be honest. 

Lona Delery
22 minutes ago, monster78619 said:

If she didn't use their song, why would she give them any credibility at all?? 

because that's Lana, she also credited Robbie Fitzsimmons for Old Money when her team pointed out the verse melody sounds a lot like the Romeo & Juliet theme, although she has never seen that movie or heard the score.

This is just ridiculous. Demanding 100% of all earnings because 10 seconds from the pre-chorus sounds similar to Creep is unreasonable. Lana did good with exposing them for the greedy old men they are. Radiohead has a very slim chance of winning the lawsuit, so they should've taken her offer to receive 40% of all earnings, although that is way too much.

I don't get why they even bother tbh. Get Free is an album track and noone besides her fans know about it and all the legal fees probably exceed the amount of money Get Free made till now.

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

#RadioheadIsOverParty is being used on Twitter by some, now so let's help Lana and drag @Radiohead on Twitter. Honestly a shame considering how I enjoy some of their music 

FFXSoul91
52 minutes ago, Cssomeone said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8177056

As someone said above, if she knew she was right she wouldn't have offered 40%. Furthermore, it sounds undeniably similar to Creep. And you guys defending Lana tho :saladga:

The verses are similar, sure. The chorus? No. The lyrics? No. The instrumentation? No.

I'm pretty sure Lana felt the same way that I do. It's not the same, but similar enough to settle for 40%, especially when Get Free isn't going to be a huge money maker. But 100%. **** off with that.

holy scheisse

That's basic as hell 

May they lose 

Get free is 10x better than that angsty hetero music :bon:

Greedy b****rds. I understand where there is similarity, but its music for god sake and it's not a track which is being promoted or an album hit, there is no need to try and sue her for it and really REALLY hope they get nothing from this. 

YeehawKylie
1 hour ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

You guys really don’t know how publishing royalties work, 40% is nothing to be honest. 

Interesting that you don’t attempt to enlighten or educate people on this thread to further discussion. 

Wolf Boy

So they want 100% sales for a song they think ripped off their song which THEY got sued for?

That makes no sense.

They where over way before this, but damn now they are DEAD. They're really trynna reach when they got nothing. Sis betta beware cause you can't **** with Lana like this when they got successfully sued over the same thing. #RadioHeadIsOverParty

sipthistea
4 hours ago, IllusionLover said:

This always happens in songs, it's a bit stupid they're doing this to her.

It sounds like if Gaga were suing Nick Jonas for Find You vs. PI 

I was gonna joke about this lol 

Get those coins, Gaga. Not only for the song but also for the video :grr:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

It wasn't laaaaahv 

OT, the songs are just slightly similar. I find this situation stupid, just like the comparisons between Express Yourself and Born This Way.

They didn't invent those chords and they were also accused of plagiarism for the same song. This is just greedy. Music will never be 100% original 'cause everyone is inspired by someone else, and there must be tons of similar songs out there.

Hope they don't get a cent. 

Cssomeone

First: Lana's fans (and some people on this cult site :trollga:) reactions show why I hate anyone under 21.

Second: It doesn't matter if it is a well-known song or a B-side, if it's a rip off, she should be sued.

Third: If you really are a Radiohead fan (like some people here love bragging about), you should know that they respect and preserve art. They don't make music to get money and top charts, they have a message to deliver. They don't write songs about 'wanting to die', 'beautiful dresses' and 'daddy issues'. 

Archived