Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lana being sued by Radiohead

youandi

Featured Posts

youandi

So sadly Radiohead are suing Lana over Get Free (I presume) which is very sad. I can hear the similarities to Creep but I'm pretty sure it's just the progression. It's a shame because I thought Radiohead and Thom Yorke would have been a little more respectful than that but sadly not. Get Free is one of Lana's best songs in my opinion too :(

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Poissonche

100% is too much for some parts of the song sounding similar. I think 40% would be correct. Especially knowing Radiohead themselves hate Creep.

Pray4FameGa

I don't understand why Radiohead are going after her.

Sure the chord progression is the same and some parts of the melodies but what do they get out of this. It's an album track.

It's not gonna be a huge smash. The royalties will amount to like 0$? Can someone explain if there's financial benefit or if they're just being petty and protective of their intellectual property.

Why stan Lana, listen to her full new album, and sue because of the last song. Let the girl go. :laughga:

IllusionLover
25 minutes ago, youandi said:

I can hear the similarities to Creep but I'm pretty sure it's just the progression.

This always happens in songs, it's a bit stupid they're doing this to her.

It sounds like if Gaga were suing Nick Jonas for Find You vs. PI 

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

YeehawKylie

The opening and pre-chorus are similar progressions to Creep. That being said she was generous offering the 40 per cent of publishing. The fact that they want 100 per cent is insane and flat out wrong. They essentially are taking total credit for someone’s work due to similar chord progressions. 

I do hear the similarities now that it’s been made an issue, but before I never linked the two songs (and trust me, I’d recognize a Creep ripoff).

FrozenKookie
15 minutes ago, Booker DeWitt said:

Soon to be settled out of court for an undisclosed amount.

It was supposed to be like that after Radiohead confirmed to NME they're not suing her, but it's a different story now because of this tweet.

FrozenKookie

Asking for 100% publishing is totally too much and unjustifiable. She made the right move to expose them. Unbelievably greedy.

PsychicGuru

Wow... and I really liked some of Radiohead's stuff. Too bad they're a bag of d*cks. Dumping out my Spotify Radiohead stuff like

Computer-trash.gif

Not sorry, I love Lana more:trollga:

Gaga's #1 fan

Pray4FameGa
4 minutes ago, FrozenKookie said:

Asking for 100% publishing is totally too much and unjustifiable. She made the right move to expose them. Unbelievably greedy.

I hope they leave with nothing, humiliated and wishing they'd took her 40%. :lana:

SonOfAphrodite

They don’t even deserve 40% considering they took the melody for “Creep” from The Hollies and were succesfuly sued by them.

crybrowz

100% is just flat out ridiculous. There are some similarities between the songs, but not nearly enough to get 100% of the publishing. Radiohead is cancelled. I hope they get nothing. 

Archived