đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Debunking Lana Myths

AJK273

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, One Sun said:

I think it was just for a short film type thing, Probably meant to have more of a meaning but never got to that stage and I'm glad they scrapped it.

Im glad too, It was just distasteful tbh. I think Eli Roth originally said it was for a Marilyn Manson music video but then he didn't want it and so it just kind of got left floating until media snatched it. The amount of fans that put this clip with Pretty When You Cry actually makes me want to vomit :toofunny:

Messy, Petty, Beautiful, Covergirl

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ryusei said:

so many missed chances with all those unreleased videos. why is everyone so scared of controversies... 

I need them to leak tbh... We need some people to come through and leak them like the honeymoon homemade video

Nathaniel Robert
4 hours ago, AJK273 said:

Untouchable 5 were a group of 5 songs recorded in 2013 in various stages of production that were leaked by fans online. They were called the Untouchable 5 because no one could get them. Lana got super angry/upset when they leaked because it was speculated they were material for a new album. These were supposed to be instead of Ultraviolence but they leaked and she went a different way with the production. 

They include:

These are the songs I figured you were talking about, I’ve just never heard them referred to as such lol. 

6 hours ago, AJK273 said:

No, Some of the clips from the video were used from the Ultraviolence era but the original video was supposed to be based on a mass shooting (I can't currently remember which one) and they filmed it and had it ready and Interscope pulled the plug because it was too controversial 

The whole video for Freak is reused footage from the original Ultraviolence video. The original video was based on the Jonestown Massacre, a cult suicide. The rest is true.

omg why is princess is princess high my new nickname

5 hours ago, One Sun said:

She has many! She mentioned she was doing videos for Cola, Dark Paradise, and there's an unreleased music video from 2010 entirely finished just never released. People assumed it was for the unreleased song Ooh Baby but it's just because she mentioned the title in the tweet that she mentions the video in, but she was saying she was finishing the song Ooh Baby. 

There were many scrapped parts in the West Coast music video that were removed due to heavy drug use (like heroin) in the scenes!

and the Brooklyn Baby video that was shot at the same time WC was! :( 

omg why is princess is princess high my new nickname

austincola
16 minutes ago, Possibly Maybe said:

Is “Lana Del Rey” a character? I’m sure it is but I want a confirmation. 

I always wondered that too.. I think from Paradise-onward, Lana is mostly character. I also think that Elizabeth Grant projected herself onto Lana the most during the Born To Die era.  

12 minutes ago, austincola said:

I always wondered that too.. I think from Paradise-onward, Lana is mostly character. I also think that Elizabeth Grant projected herself onto Lana the most during the Born To Die era.  

Even before Paradise, she painted herself as a troublemaker sugar-baby, especially in songs like “Carmen,” “Million Dollar Man,” “Summertime Sadness,” “This Is What Makes Us Girls” and “Lolita”

austincola
5 minutes ago, Possibly Maybe said:

Even before Paradise, she painted herself as a troublemaker sugar-baby, especially in songs like “Carmen,” “Million Dollar Man,” “Summertime Sadness,” “This Is What Makes Us Girls” and “Lolita”

True. Looking back, one of the only things that I remember Lana and Elizabeth having in common was the fact that Lana mentioned “being sent away” in This Is What Makes Us Girls, and Elizabeth was actually sent to a boarding school for underage drinking, if I’m not mistaken. I think TIWMUG might be the closest Elizabeth has gotten to showing her real life in her art; besides Lust For Life (album) maybe.

9 hours ago, AJK273 said:

Untouchable 5 were a group of 5 songs recorded in 2013 in various stages of production that were leaked by fans online. They were called the Untouchable 5 because no one could get them. Lana got super angry/upset when they leaked because it was speculated they were material for a new album. These were supposed to be instead of Ultraviolence but they leaked and she went a different way with the production. 

They include:

Black Beauty did end up in the deluxe version of Ultraviolence so i suppose it would be the Untouchable 4 now no? Lol

by the way Hollywood and Angels Forever are just :diane:

1 minute ago, Gyan said:

Black Beauty did end up in the deluxe version of Ultraviolence so i suppose it would be the Untouchable 4 now no? Lol

by the way Hollywood and Angels Forever are just :diane:

Yes they are UGH....

Luckily Black Beauty was spared from the original Ultraviolence tracks 

FfFfFfFF
11 hours ago, britneyspears said:

Does Lana hate the remixes by Cedric Gervais?

She has never stated her feelings for the remix, though she did shade the remix once at a concert.

But she talked about it in an interview some months ago...

Gagadonna

Other questions: 

1) Do you know why "Life is Beautiful" (from 'The Age of Adaline') was never released? She usually releases the songs she makes for movies (Young & Beautiful, Once Upon a Dream, Big Eyes, etc). 

2) What is her attitude to her biggest hits? Is she annoyed by the fact that the GP prefers her older music, or does she embrace her legacy without questioning? 

3) Are (some of) her music videos connected? 

FfFfFfFF
20 minutes ago, Gagadonna said:

Other questions: 

1) Do you know why "Life is Beautiful" (from 'The Age of Adaline') was never released? She usually releases the songs she makes for movies (Young & Beautiful, Once Upon a Dream, Big Eyes, etc). 

2) What is her attitude to her biggest hits? Is she annoyed by the fact that the GP prefers her older music, or does she embrace her legacy without questioning? 

3) Are (some of) her music videos connected? 

1) ''Life is Beautiful'' is infamous for Lana's fanbase. :laughga: I don't think we know the answer why wasn't it released, but I read there were fans which asked Lana this while signing autographs and she said that she forgot to upload the audio on youtube or something like this. :rip: 

2) I don't think I remember her speaking of this, the only thing which is related is her talking about Summertime Sadness remix: apparently she said at one concert that ''they remixed the f*** of this song'' and she talks more detailed in one interview: she said that unlike her other songs she wasn't involved in the production and heard it for the first time at radio so probably she saw it as a compromis. Another thing is that her concerts are more GP-oriented as tracklisting, they prefer her singles and more famous songs rather than current album tracks.

3) I don't think so. I don't recall other connections except aesthetical ones.

Dominic

When was Damn You written and for what potential album?

What happened to L4L being happy and upbeat? Songs like L4L and Love are beautiful and happy but then it's as if the album is split into two distinct time frames. Election I imagine...

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Archived