Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

New Billboard changes could negatively impact Gaga in the US

Klou

Featured Posts

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pop Art

The exact calculation for a Hot 100 position is as follows (provided by our own very loved Magoo!):

*points = 62% x sales/K + 80% x airplay (A.I. millions) + 5% x on demand streaming/K

This amount is then compared to other songs on the chart and ordered appropriately.

I calculated Judas as follows:

162(.62) + 14(.80) + 100(.05) = 117

The amount of 117 for Judas would place the song 16th on the chart.

I've been trying to understand this formula for quite some time now, but I'm still kind of confused. How does one know exactly how much sales were, what the A.I. is, and how many times a song was streamed in any given week? Is there some site that shows that, or...?

JoseLittleMonster

OMG, it is really bad, Gaga was always strong in the digital sales but not that much in the airplays :ohno:

Dylangaga

this logic is kinda thrown off because if gaga made us wait this long for new music then it would place higher...gaga will slay nomatter what

Good thing I started to lose my attention to charts after Marry The Night flopped. :troll:

So does billboard now count vevo/youtube, pandora, iheartradio app, and all those?

As far as I know those do count. Any radio stations on iHeartradio would apply to AirPlay totals.

Also from the article I posted the link to:

"This new Billboard chart, in coordination with digitalmusic.org's Subscription Music Work Group, and powered by Nielsen BDS, which began tracking streaming activity in 2005, measures every on-demand play request and plays from unlimited listener-controlled radio channels on MOG, Muve Music, Rdio, Rhapsody, Slacker and Spotify; data from Zune and Sony Music Unlimited is expected to be added in the coming weeks."

I've been trying to understand this formula for quite some time now, but I'm still kind of confused. How does one know exactly how much sales were, what the A.I. is, and how many times a song was streamed in any given week? Is there some site that shows that, or...?

They're posted the following weeks by different sources. Billboard, Nielson Soundscan, and ChartNews (twitter) all post the numbers.

Sleigh Mama

Madonna seems to be evidence of this.

So how does one get airplay? I thought airplay is based on sells mainly.

Meaning if a song sells digitally shouldn't that help the radio play?

Pop Art

They're posted the following weeks by different sources. Billboard, Nielson Soundscan, and ChartNews (twitter) all post the numbers.

Would you happen to have a link or two to some specific places where I can get these numbers? I have yet to see Billboard actually post the number values. I'm sure they do, though, I'm just not seeing it.

Would you happen to have a link or two to some specific places where I can get these numbers? I have yet to see Billboard actually post the number values. I'm sure they do, though, I'm just not seeing it.

Billboard I believe gets their numbers from Nielson Soundscan directly and posts them in their news articles. I get most of my stats from ChartNews on twitter and Magoo here on GGD :)

Pop Art

Billboard I believe gets their numbers from Nielson Soundscan directly and posts them in their news articles. I get most of my stats from ChartNews on twitter and Magoo here on GGD :)

Yes but how, for example, would I find out how much, say, Marry The Night sold in any given week? Or how much airplay it got in any given week? Or how many times it was streamed in any given week? I know I'm being a pain in the ass with this (sorry!), but I've been looking for these numbers FOREVER, and I just can't seem to find them. It's easy to find the chart positions for certain songs, but I just can't seem to find the actual weekly sales, airplay, and streaming numbers!

Yes but how, for example, would I find out how much, say, Marry The Night sold in any given week? Or how much airplay it got in any given week? Or how many times it was streamed in any given week? I know I'm being a pain in the ass with this (sorry!), but I've been looking for these numbers FOREVER, and I just can't seem to find them. It's easy to find the chart positions for certain songs, but I just can't seem to find the actual weekly sales, airplay, and streaming numbers!

Yeah, it is very difficult to track down those numbers. I don't recall any site that archives all that information as it's usually only provided on a week by week basis. Your best best for historical data is probably wikipedia, unfortunately :(

Pop Art

Yeah, it is very difficult to track down those numbers. I don't recall any site that archives all that information as it's usually only provided on a week by week basis. Your best best for historical data is probably wikipedia, unfortunately :(

Oh well I was just using that as an example, sorry. :sweat: I meant for like current songs, or for future usage.

Archived