đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

New Billboard changes could negatively impact Gaga in the US

Klou

Featured Posts

Dayman

This is crazy, digital sales should count. If anything they are more reflective of what people are listening to rather than the airplay. DJ's choose what to play on the radio, not the public. This really is negative for every artist and is just unfair. I dont understand how they thought this change could be good. :fail:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course it wouldn't make an impact. The Hot 100 is for the U.S

That's what I said :shurg:

Arturo

This is crazy, digital sales should count. If anything they are more reflective of what people are listening to rather than the airplay. DJ's choose what to play on the radio, not the public. This really is negative for every artist and is just unfair. I dont understand how they thought this change could be good. :fail:

Not really. Artists like Rihanna and Katy have better airplay than digital sales :P

How would Born This Way have done first week with the new rules?

I can try to calculate when I get home :)

Okay, so using the calculations to determine where Born This Way (song) would be if it were released today would still put it at #1 because it had a lot of airplay and a radio deal. It's also worth noting that right now there aren't any songs selling over 250K, so it would be a good time to debut a single. A few weeks ago (or even a majority of the year) she wouldn't have debuted at #1.

Born This Way

448(.62) + 78(.80) + 100(.05) = 344

compared to Call Me Maybe:

193 (.62) + 183(.80) + 980(.05) = 315

Gaga is Life

I really do hope she debut's at #1. I can imagine the radio spamming the lead single though :ohno:

It's just Billboard and radio in general trying to stave off irrelevancy.

I think everyone is going to need to adjust their expectations for the charting of GaGa's singles. I still think that a debut single has a chance of debuting at number one but unless it's super radio friendly it will plummet quickly. Follow up singles will probably have a hard time cracking the top five and it'll just get worse the more singles there are.

I'd rather that she makes music that I actually want to listen to than pander to radio, though.

saltface

Okay, so using the calculations to determine where Born This Way (song) would be if it were released today would still put it at #1 because it had a lot of airplay and a radio deal. It's also worth noting that right now there aren't any songs selling over 250K, so it would be a good time to debut a single. A few weeks ago (or even a majority of the year) she wouldn't have debuted at #1.

Born This Way

448(.62) + 78(.80) + 100(.05) = 344

compared to Call Me Maybe:

193 (.62) + 183(.80) + 980(.05) = 315

At least we know #1 debuts are doable for Gaga then even with new rules.

With a Monday release, radio deal and lyric video I see no problems :nacho:

Arturo

Lyric videos have become the new thing I see. Too bad Gaga didn't make one for Marry the Night to do something to affect it's chart run positively before the music vid came out :)

Miley

But Gaga with lyric videos.. I don't know.. it feels so mainstream and not Gaga....

She needs another big smash like Bad Romance or Born this way

GrandchildDavid

impressed at the math behind all of this.

:lmao: omg it looks convoluted but it's actually not that difficult to solve.

This is a really bad move on Billboards part, they got it backwards. It shouldn't be about who can dish out more money to have airplay. This will negatively effect new artist from charting songs gone viral and start selling with little airplay.

Pure Adrenaline

can someone explain me what airplay is? :sweat: I don't understand these things why they count less the digital sales arent they more important and why lyric videos could help for the chart run...lool I don't lnow a thing about charting i'm such a flop

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Archived