Arturo

Gaga has never had any particularly massive radio hits tbh :ohno:

Exactly.

She's only had 4 songs go over 100 A.I

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping she doesn't release her new single on a Friday this time :ohno:

That would be a disaster. That won't work anymore...

NathanC

Her fanbase will ensure a #1 debut for all lead singles... it's the latter singles that will be impacted... and she's no Katy Perry that we need to worry about consecutive number 1s :troll:

Is there a chance that BTW would've gotten #1 even if the new streaming/airplay rules were around that time? I mean, she got millions of views on the BTW (Audio) on Vevo, and had a huge airplay debut anyways :ohno: I don't think Black and Yellow was that big :sweat:

Sexxx

Billboard are probably doing this to ensure that there are no quickfire number one hits. They probably think that number ones are becoming more and more meaningless.

Is there a chance that BTW would've gotten #1 even if the streaming/airplay rules were around that time? I mean, she got millions of views on the BTW (Audio) on Vevo, and had a huge airplay debut anyways :ohno: I don't think Black and Yellow was that big :sweat:

I'm really confident she would have gotten #1 anyway. Maybe not the first week, but the second week she had even more sales and airplay. The only problem is doubt we will see her ever debut that big again unless she can manage to get the same amount of hype.

Billboard are probably doing this to ensure that there are no quickfire number one hits. They probably think that number ones are becoming more and more meaningless.

I really believe this. We saw many more songs debuting at #1 recently than ever before. This will limit that.

The problem here is that some are assuming she's not big on radio. It's a new Lady Gaga single - radio WILL support it, even if not as much as they did "Born This Way" to give it a top ten debut on radio.

Her next lead single will most definitely go #1, debut or otherwise.

I really don't care about charts. :sweat:

I live in SA, I can request it 24/7 and it won't make an impact.

She will still sell-out stadiums and millions of albums, regardless of whether she is #1 or not on the chart at all :legend:

FameWhore

Gaga has never had any particularly massive radio hits tbh :ohno:

Poker Face and Bad Romance were pretty massive on the radio, if I'm right.

Also Born This Way was pretty good on the radios.

I believe she will as long as her first single is good and racks up 550K+ sales in its first week :)

Right! Gaga can do anything, can't believe I almost forgot that. xD

jeremiah saint

This impacts everyone negatively though. :shrug: Rihanna doesn't really get overplayed, except for WFL, and her sales aren't always super high, except for WFL, but anything is possible. That might be why they might be focusing more on dance music with this album.

It might benefit Kety though :(

haha i hate rihanna but she gets tons and tons and tons of radio airplay

honestly in arizona when judas came out i heard it maybe 5 times when it debuted then it faded

i heard edge of glory maybe like once or twice a week - it only charted at number three because of itunes downloads

gaga cannot survive on itunes downloads alone

her material better be radio friendly or she will flop and us stans wont be able to do anything

haha i hate rihanna but she gets tons and tons and tons of radio airplay

honestly in arizona when judas came out i heard it maybe 5 times when it debuted then it faded

i heard edge of glory maybe like once or twice a week - it only charted at number three because of itunes downloads

gaga cannot survive on itunes downloads alone

her material better be radio friendly or she will flop and us stans wont be able to do anything

TEOG was overplayed here. I literally just got able to listen to it again

So were Y&I and BTW though

jeremiah saint

TEOG was overplayed here. I literally just got able to listen to it again

So were Y&I and BTW though

the only one overplayed here in arizona was born this way

I believe she will as long as her first single is good and racks up 550K+ sales in its first week :)

i honestly just hope its a good radio friendly banger

i dont want or care if it debuts at number one because songs that debut at number stay there for a few weeks then fade and dont have longevity

i want gaga to somehow get to number one with the lead single and then have it stay on the charts for a long time like pokerface or bad romance

Arturo

I live in SA, I can request it 24/7 and it won't make an impact.

She will still sell-out stadiums and millions of albums, regardless of whether she is #1 or not on the chart at all :legend:

Of course it wouldn't make an impact. The Hot 100 is for the U.S

Archived