💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Pure Heroine vs Melodrama: Better Album

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

The battle is between LORDE's own two albums. So which one is better? 

Pure Heroine (2013), Metascore: 79

1024px-Lorde_Pure_Heroine.png

vs

Melodrama (2016), Metascore: 91

1200x1200bb.jpg

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Louvre

Melodrama since it's the best album of all time

It's said the map of the world is on you. The moon gravitates around you. The seasons escape you.

The fanfare surrounding Melodrama has just been absolutely ridiculous, it's put a sour taste in my mouth for that reason alone - it received universal acclaim because, and only because, it's Lorde. Had Gaga or any other female artist for that matter released an album word for word/all the fixings the exact same, and they'd be seated at a score of 57. It's just ludicrous, honestly.

Musically, though, I don't find it at all superior to Pure.

Pure has a grittier vibe, at least for me, that places it far above her second LP.

edit: I know this entire website is in love with Lorde for whatever reason and that this would be controversial, but I'm entitled to my opinion and you won't convince me otherwise, so no need to quote me. I listened to the entire album three times, and, well...

The answer is Pure Heroine. 100%

WHFS02Q.gif

❤ x ❤

Jeroen Bloeming

I personally think that Melodrama is better. Even though both albums have some great song. But on both albums is 1 song that I always skip (Still Sane/Liability Reprise). But Melodrama has Perfect Places so that's why I choose Melodrama

9 minutes ago, that juju said:

The fanfare surrounding Melodrama has just been absolutely ridiculous, it's put a sour taste in my mouth for that reason alone - it received universal acclaim because, and only because, it's Lorde. Had Gaga or any other female artist for that matter released an album word for word/all the fixings the exact same, and they'd be seated at a score of 57. It's just ludicrous, honestly.

Pure has a grittier vibe, at least for me, that places it far above her second LP.

i dont even know which part to tell you you're wrong about first :saladga:

Joanne Monster
10 minutes ago, that juju said:

Oh please it got all this acclaim because it's an amazing album. Any female artist would be acclaimed had they released Melodrama.

OT: Melodrama

4 minutes ago, thierryrreiht said:

Pure Heroine there is NO doubt on this

Melodrama was a huge disappointment to me: I unstanned

we may be the only two people on this entire site who experienced that album the same, because "disappointment" is the one singular word that comes to mind. I love that people enjoyed it, I just hope that's because they actually like the music and not just the accolades it got instantaneously...

❤ x ❤

Matangi
20 minutes ago, that juju said:

edit: I know this entire website is in love with Lorde for whatever reason and that this would be controversial, but I'm entitled to my opinion and you won't convince me otherwise, so no need to quote me. I listened to the entire album three times, and, well...

The answer is Pure Heroine. 100%

WHFS02Q.gif

any of the major pop girls, including gaga, would have been lucky to have released an album that was as thoroughly inspired and well written/produced as Melodrama in 2017. It is a current masterpiece and that's why its acclaim is unanimous.

Matangi

Pure Herione will always be a significant moment in Lorde's discography, perhaps more significant in her legacy than Melodrama. But that being said, Melodrama is a superior body of work.

Archived