Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Alyssa Milano Drags Matt Damon Over His Sex Misconduct Comments

Coop

Featured Posts

Damon raised more than a few eyebrows this week when he suggested that sexual harassment and sexual assault “shouldn’t be conflated,” then gave examples of how he and others should handle different levels of sexual misbehavior in an ABC News interview.

“I do believe that there’s a spectrum of behavior,” Damon said in the interview. “And we’re going to have to figure out — you know, there’s a difference between, you know, patting someone on the butt and rape or child molestation, right? Both of those behaviors need to be confronted and eradicated without question, but they shouldn’t be conflated, right?”

Alyssa tweeted:

Read more here.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Daenerys

YES, Alyssa. Drag him to the pits! 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

I agree with the both of them.. But the one point he did make makes sense.. there is a difference between a pat on the butt and child molestation.. 

ALGAYDO

I totally see her points, and her criticism of his comments are 100% valid, but I honestly also see his point of view. No sexual assault should EVER be tolerated, but there is a huge difference between getting your ass grabbed while taking a photo, and someone literally forcing you to have sex with them, then threatening to kill your career or even threaten your life if you either refuse to have sex with the them or if you expose their deplorable asses. 

Like, rape =\= child molestation =\= groping =\= exposing your genetalia, etc. 

They’re all sexual crimes, and should be punished for them, but they should not be seen as equal. 

I think they both made good points, but his point is something to be dealt with legally whereas hers is one we should be dealing with culturally. Legally, yeah, there should be a difference between a butt touch and a serial rapist or acting pedophile. Morally and culturally, we need to not separate them and see the connectivity between the behaviors and how one allows for the other or leads to the other. They're just arguing for two separate arenas. I wouldn't say either is wrong, it just depends on what Damon means by "not conflating the two". If he means in our heads then I agree with Alyssa, if it's legally then I agree.

If you touch someone's butt in a serious sexual way without the person's consent is just as bad. There is no reason why it should be a little more okay than rape. It just sounds like Damon doesn't take women seriously, that they should be slapped on their ass, called beautiful and should shut up. That they were born to look good and please men, sorry but you don't slap someone's butt and say hey it's alright it's harmless. It's not, it's inappropriate. How sad is this world we live in, where it has to take centuries for human beings to learn how to treat each other kindly with empathy 

crisTEAne

well, i won't rewatch good will hunting anytime soon, i guess. and i won't be seeing his new movie either. he's good friends with casey affleck after all. why am i even surprised? 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Delusional Aura
56 minutes ago, ClosetGagaFan said:

I agree with the both of them.. But the one point he did make makes sense.. there is a difference between a pat on the butt and child molestation.. 

55 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

I totally see her points, and her criticism of his comments are 100% valid, but I honestly also see his point of view. No sexual assault should EVER be tolerated, but there is a huge difference between getting your ass grabbed while taking a photo, and someone literally forcing you to have sex with them, then threatening to kill your career or even threaten your life if you either refuse to have sex with the them or if you expose their deplorable asses. 

Like, rape =\= child molestation =\= groping =\= exposing your genetalia, etc. 

They’re all sexual crimes, and should be punished for them, but they should not be seen as equal. 

Maybe you both should read the first thing she said. "IT'S THE MICRO THAT MAKES THE MACRO" i say no more because i have 8 WPs and don't wanna get banned again. 

Eighteen

alyssa has a point that the micro makes the macro but at the same time should someone who has slapped someone on the butt be punished the same as someone who raped someone else? uh, no. tf. 

MJHolland

Bullsh*t, Al Franken shouldn’t be compared to a rapist pedophile. He made a distasteful joke. This is why people hate the Me Too campaign. 

The two situations he posed are different, and it's not because she's triggered and want some attention that they'll cease being different. :gaysia:
Ps: Is she that one hit singer that plays the piano around a city in the mv?

ALGAYDO
26 minutes ago, Delusional Aura said:

Maybe you both should read the first thing she said. "IT'S THE MICRO THAT MAKES THE MACRO" i say no more because i have 8 WPs and don't wanna get banned again. 

I don’t disagree with that quote because she’s right about that. However, equating all sexual assault to each other is completely ridiculous. That’s what he was getting at. Someone who touches a woman’s ass without consent should not be looked at in the same light as a serial rapist. Both are terrible and part of the bigger problem as a whole, but to equate the two is just ridiculous. 

Archived