💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

LWYMMD Only Taylor's 11th Biggest Hit

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

For Taylor's birthday Billboard has updated her 40 biggest hits.

(I'm just stating facts, not to bash her)

and at #11 is the lead single, "Look What You Made Me Do", off of reputation.

While the song is still charting it is likely to fall off the Hot 100 in the next week or two (as it is at the bottom of the chart at #72 last week).

This means that it really won't earn much more points. Surely it could earn enough to get to #10 and pass "Style", but i don't know how likely that is. The song started off very strong and then just completely fell apart. 

Wether it passes "Style" or not it will become her third worst performing lead single. See the ranking of lead singles below

#1 - Shake It Off

#2 - Love Story

#3 - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

#4 - Look What You Made Me Do

#5 - Mine 

#6 - Tim McGraw

Here is its chart performance so far:

Look What You Made Me Do (2017) *8 weeks in Top 10*
1st Week: #77
2nd Week: #1 - PEAK POSITION
3rd Week: #1
4th Week: #1
5th Week: #3
6th Week: #3
7th Week: #5 
8th Week: #4
9th Week: #10
10th Week: #25
11th Week: #34 
12th Week: #37
13th Week: #31 
14th Week: #44
15th Week: #60
16th Week: #72 (still charting)

At #20 on the list is her second single from reputation, "...Ready For It?". 

The song has so far spent 14 weeks on the chart and is descending on it. It's currently at #43. It will stay on the chart longer in the lower regions and should move up higher than #20 on the list, but making it to the Top 15 seems unlikely. 

How it's charted so far:

...Ready For It? (2017) *1 week in Top 10*
1st Week: #4 - PEAK POSITION
2nd Week: #21 
3rd Week: #34
4th Week: #39
5th Week: #47 
6th Week: #53 
7th Week: #52
8th Week: #46
9th Week: #19
10th Week: #30
11th Week: #18
12th Week: #24
13th Week: #31 
14th Week: #43 (still charting)

These singles performances are obviously worse than her 1989, Red and Fearless eras, but maybe "End Game" can come and slay?

People have said she's an album artist now and while she's sold A TON, its not like the album is selling/streaming any better than her previous ones. 

Discuss

Source: https://www.billboard.com/photos/7423130/taylor-swift-songs-best-hits-list

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venusfly

I don't think the album is selling too well either, we can't deny it had amazing massive frontloaded sales but the streaming and pure sales every week after have been poor

EDIT: Streaming resurrected ha, it seems to be doing great now :emma:

La Rosalia

Before y'all try to bring her down and mock her, just take into consideration that her eleventh biggest hit is way bigger than most of Gaga's releases post TFM :toofunny: 

Fiona Apple

Look What U Made Me Do was clearly supposed to be a frontloaded hit. It did its job and it did it greatly.They even deleted it from the radio before the end of its run.

Ready For It was not supposed to be a single I believe and because it was extremely liked they changed their plan and made a huge mess.

I don't believe that these 2 singles can be compared with the first singles of her previous albums that were greatly promoted and organized.

Still the album is selling great and End Game will most likely smash.

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, Fiona Apple said:

They even deleted it from the radio before the end of its run.

receipts? 

Fiona Apple
Just now, DiscoHeaven23 said:

receipts? 

Pretty sure that Billboard said it in a post a few months/weeks ago

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, Fiona Apple said:

Pretty sure that Billboard said it in a post a few months/weeks ago

ill try to find it, interesting if that's the case

Fiona Apple
Just now, DiscoHeaven23 said:

ill try to find it, interesting if that's the case

The song had already peaked on the radio though.It just declined faster than usual or something.

LePetitGAGABLover

This is giving me SEVERE Born This Way era teas, were the album was front-loaded. What ever. Ready For It remains a BOP.

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, Fiona Apple said:

The song had already peaked on the radio though.It just declined faster than usual or something.

yea, i find it VERY weird how it suddenly climbed to #1 on pop radio SO FAST and then just plummeted the week after it reached #1

AlexanderMagno

Let's not be mean, we can't expect an artist to maintain the same level of success two albums in a row. You get a 1989 once in a while. If we look at Gaga's stats, I'm sure Perfect Illusion is one of her worst performing lead singles as well.

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, LePetitMonstr said:

This is giving me SEVERE Born This Way era teas, were the album was front-loaded. What ever. Ready For It remains a BOP.

Interesting comment. Cuz its similar. Born This Way the song fell off the Hot 100 after only 20 weeks,, even though it spent 6 weeks at #1. Much like LWYMMD is doing week wise. Then Judas underperformed like Ready For It is. And perhaps End Game is here to be her Edge of Glory 

Thomas P
1 minute ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Let's not be mean, we can't expect an artist to maintain the same level of success two albums in a row. You get a 1989 once in a while. If we look at Gaga's stats, I'm sure Perfect Illusion is one of her worst performing lead singles as well.

It is her worst performing lead single, and her second worst performing single behind GUY

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, AlexanderMagno said:

totally not meant to be mean, I'm just interested in stats

Archived