💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Denver, CO musicians speak of Lady Gaga. JWT stops in CO tonight.

asana15

Featured Posts

asana15

Charts and streaming, likes and retweets,.. ...all these are good and all, but to have your fellow musicians at the grassroots level speak highly and respectfully of you when there's no PR involved, when there's not much to gain...that is something not many can achieve in their professional lifetime.

Tonight is Gaga's concert in Denver, CO. Here's some opinions of her by the fellow local musicians/music scene from the mile-high city.

...As one of the world's biggest pop stars, Lady Gaga easily bridges the gap between pre-teen idol and Coachella-friendly electro-artist, yet her naysayers swear she’s a vacuous manufactured product of an increasingly-empty industry...

Those who get Gaga understand that she’s a true artist. Denver musicians find inspiration in Gaga. 

MC Koo Qua wrote to us, “I like Gaga. Very creative. I look at her as the female rock star that makes pop music. Gaga is kool in my music book.” 

Local indie rocker LaRissa Vienna, of LaRissa Vienna & the Strange -

"I remember watching the ‘Paparazzi’ music video and thinking probably the same thing every other musician watching was thinking: I've got to step my game up. She brought a beautiful, artistic angle to pop music that I've never seen before. She has changed pop culture forever, just as she intended. Every pop star in the spotlight ended up following her lead, and in my opinion, they still do to this day. She is a pioneer. I believe she is the most talented popular musician we have today. Her songwriting is brilliant, her performances are cutting edge, and she's always taking us by surprise while remaining a beautiful, kind woman who shows compassion and most of all, is living proof that hard work will get you far. In a time where most music legends have passed away or are far past their prime, I am so happy to be alive in the era where Lady Gaga is undeniably on top of the world.”

"I personally highly respect Gaga,” says Julio Perez of Denver band This Broken Beat. “I’m very inspired at her activist spirit in-and-out of her art. And to juggle acting as well speaks to me greatly. If you can be successful in all those areas, then that says so much about someone. She has inspired to me to reach outside the box and strive for more artistically.”

Denver EDM artist Lea Luna went a step further: "We are at a point in history where using privilege to help the underdogs is of dire importance. She used her stage to kick the door down on some major uncharted territory socially and politically. She screamed unabashedly in the face of homophobia; she has become the leading flag bearer for sex-positive feminism, especially within the music industry; she spoke for peace with the Dalai Lama; she challenged her fans to adopt self-acceptance; and she offered her coattails for the underbelly of avant-garde art that no one had the balls to acknowledge in major pop media before her. What she stands for is not the cookie-cutter pop icon, but a humanitarian that has taken the form of all the content she kills herself to render. From her documentary, to her speeches, to her performances, to her fan dedication, she shows that a stage and a following can serve much more of a purpose than arrogance."

All in all, it's a beautiful read. Something that we as her fans should be really proud of.

http://www.westword.com/music/denver-musicians-weigh-in-on-lady-gaga-before-her-denver-concert-9768355

LeJudas

YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

22 minutes ago, asana15 said:

Denver EDM artist Lea Luna went a step further: "We are at a point in history where using privilege to help the underdogs is of dire importance. She used her stage to kick the door down on some major uncharted territory socially and politically. She screamed unabashedly in the face of homophobia; she has become the leading flag bearer for sex-positive feminism, especially within the music industry; she spoke for peace with the Dalai Lama; she challenged her fans to adopt self-acceptance; and she offered her coattails for the underbelly of avant-garde art that no one had the balls to acknowledge in major pop media before her. What she stands for is not the cookie-cutter pop icon, but a humanitarian that has taken the form of all the content she kills herself to render. From her documentary, to her speeches, to her performances, to her fan dedication, she shows that a stage and a following can serve much more of a purpose than arrogance."

giphy.gif

holy crap.

ALGAYDO

I get so moist whenever someone calls her a “rockstar that makes pop music” 

She truly is a rockstar trapped inside the body of a pop star. 

nswain1110

I found this article last night before I went to bed. Loved reading all the great things local musicians had to say about Gaga. She truly is respected and admired by the music community and her peers. Living legend. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

Lextyr97
55 minutes ago, asana15 said:

We are at a point in history where using privilege to help the underdogs is of dire importance. She used her stage to kick the door down on some major uncharted territory socially and politically. She screamed unabashedly in the face of homophobia; she has become the leading flag bearer for sex-positive feminism, especially within the music industry; she spoke for peace with the Dalai Lama; she challenged her fans to adopt self-acceptance; and she offered her coattails for the underbelly of avant-garde art that no one had the balls to acknowledge in major pop media before her. What she stands for is not the cookie-cutter pop icon, but a humanitarian that has taken the form of all the content she kills herself to render. From her documentary, to her speeches, to her performances, to her fan dedication, she shows that a stage and a following can serve much more of a purpose than arrogance."

I teared up

I am so, so glad people, especially artists, are recognizing her for her talent as a musician and her passion as an activist.

47 minutes ago, Doot said:

giphy.gif

holy crap.

15 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

I teared up

That portion literally buried me fjsdkjskjfhjkdf I'm so emotional

3 points in and ready for more

EdgeofTeeth

There is literally nothing better than other people recognizing all of the amazing attributes that Gaga has. A beautiful read :giveup:

The amount of recognition she has now is INCREDIBLE. Maybe, she has no hits anymore but the perception of her from the GP and the music industry since C2C and Joanne came out is so good right now. 

I keep hear my friend and my family sing Million Reasons (thanks to the Super Bowl btw) and since they know that it's a Lady Gaga song (they were so shook btw), they are in love with her :giveup: Now they watch her million reasons's performance (AMA, Royal Variety, Victoria Secret), her Super Bowl performance, her documentary and they look forward for the next album and the Joanne World Tour :duck: I mean, even my grandmother who literally HATE Gaga during BTW era want so bad to go to her concert :rip::giveup:

giskardsb

Under the constraints of a watchful major label, naturally eager to make money on one of its biggest assets, Lady Gaga achieves the near-impossible by doing what she wants anyway.

love this statement.

Archived