Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

L.A Fires: is it safe to go to the JWT on Dec 18?

DiscoStyx

Featured Posts

DiscoStyx

So, I live in Oregon and next week I'll go on a trip to follow Gaga on her last 3 JWT shows in the US:

12.14: Salt Lake City

12.16: Las Vegas

12.18: Inglewood (Los Angeles)

I'm not American and I'm starting to be a bit worried about the terrible LA fires. I'm supposed to stay in L.A (Inglewood) from the 17th to the 21st and then go to San Francisco by train. Do you think I can still do that? is it safe? I'm completely lost and have no idea what to do... Please help and advise me...

cause of death: gaga singing along perfect illusion on BBC Radio 1

The forum is in inglewood just south of los angeles i think and its in the los angeles county.

follow me in twitter omg

DiscoStyx
6 minutes ago, Dino said:

The forum is in inglewood just south of los angeles i think and its in the los angeles county.

which means...? is it safe? I'm sorry I don't know L.A

MonsterOfSpain
2 minutes ago, gaganow said:

which means...? is it safe? I'm sorry I don't know L.A

I think the arena is in LA's city centre while the fires are taking place in the north surroundings. I'm pretty sure you'll be fine if you don't go near that area, firefighters will make sure they don't get close downtown.

Lol... yes

Fires don't burn that deep in the city. They burn the surrounding hills

Also the fires are in the San Fernando Valley and Ventura County, which isn't even the city really.

DiscoStyx
2 minutes ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

I think the arena is in LA's city centre while the fires are taking place in the north surroundings. I'm pretty sure you'll be fine if you don't go near that area, firefighters will make sure they don't get close downtown.

2 minutes ago, Buddy said:

Lol... yes

Fires don't burn that deep in the city. They burn the surrounding hills

But my train to San Francisco is going as close as the Bob Hope Airport, which is near the Creek Fire I believe... what do you think?

MonsterOfSpain
1 minute ago, gaganow said:

But my train to San Francisco is going as close as the Bob Hope Airport, which is near the Creek Fire I believe... what do you think?

I think you shouldn't be worried, there are millions of people living by that area and I'm sure the fires will have been controlled by the time you're there :shrug:

A reasonable concern but everything should be okay. 

I think if there was even any slight doubt of the safety of concert goers, Gaga & Live Nation would call for cancellation 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

DiscoStyx
2 minutes ago, Stef said:

A reasonable concern but everything should be okay. 

I think if there was even any slight doubt of the safety of concert goers, Gaga & Live Nation would call for cancellation 

and what about this concern?

15 minutes ago, gaganow said:

I'm sorry if I annoy you, I just don't want to die :awkney:

Spoiler

or do I? :lolly:

21 minutes ago, gaganow said:

I think if it was not safe the trains would be cancelled. They would not risk putting passengers in danger. I don't think anything like that has ever happened in the US. I live 15 mins from the Bob Hope airport and I haven't even seen the fire. The air is just really really gross and ashy. 

Oh and also I'm going to bet the Creek Fire (the one you're passing) will be contained by the time you're here. That fire that is worrying is the Thomas Fire in Ventura, which is 9x larger than the Creek Fire.

7 minutes ago, gaganow said:

and what about this concern?

I'm sorry if I annoy you, I just don't want to die :awkney:

Hide contents

or do I? :lolly:

Again, if there was any possibility of interference with the fires, trains wouldn’t run. Unless you start hearing reports of transportation being suspended near that area you’ll be travelling then I wouldn’t worry 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

DiscoStyx
32 minutes ago, Buddy said:

I think if it was not safe the trains would be cancelled. They would not risk putting passengers in danger. I don't think anything like that has ever happened in the US. I live 15 mins from the Bob Hope airport and I haven't even seen the fire. The air is just really really gross and ashy. 

Oh and also I'm going to bet the Creek Fire (the one you're passing) will be contained by the time you're here. That fire that is worrying is the Thomas Fire in Ventura, which is 9x larger than the Creek Fire.

well I'm actually passing right through Ventura to Santa Barbara :rip:

I guess I'll call Amtrak to make sure the trip isn't cancelled

Ladygagalover
12 minutes ago, gaganow said:

well I'm actually passing right though Ventura to Santa Barbara :rip:

I guess I'll call Amtrak to make sure the trip isn't cancelled

If you’re concerned, you can probably get a one-way flight from LAX to SFO. There are many flights between LA and San Francisco everyday that are relatively inexpensive.

Archived