hausofbrice
4 minutes ago, Trepadation said:

tihty charted #1 on the dance chart

that's still mindboggling to me

giphy.gif

xoxo, brice ♡

ApplauseftAdele

I agree except TF/TFM part...

Too dancy? Literally every single from that album was a hit, I dont think the GP had anything bad to say..

DeanWinchester
19 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Too dancy? Literally every single from that album was a hit, I dont think the GP had anything bad to say..

Bad Romance was critically panned before it blew up

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

derpmonster
28 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

The industry and critics had to say it was too dancy and electro. The Fame was nothing like the pop music of its time and was electro-dance (and was categorized as such on CD metadata etc.). It just happened to "become" pop as it exploded because of Gaga's ceaseless promotion and hard work. As for The Fame Monster, it was still the exception. Nothing in pop radio sounded like that either and never did. It was weird, raw, experimental music (with a dancepop basis). It became the exception, not the trend. Have you heard anything musically like Bad Romance since?

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Thomas P

I agree with a lot of what you said, but there are some things gaga does that are pretty obviously pointing towards the fact that she wants hits. 

The entire Born This Way era was meticulously maneuvered so she would have huge singles. They were VERY against the grain, but people were used to that coming from gaga.  

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

She need's to published a sex book and release a sexually charge song or music vid to be relevant these days

follow me in twitter omg

derpmonster
2 minutes ago, Merman said:

Um, yes?

:poot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt-tHcQR67Y :poot:

IDK how to put a YT player here (oops).

The visuals :duck: I can't believe this is for real. Didn't Christina say in 2010 she hadn't heard of Gaga?

Well, I meant relevant songs. And this sounds more like Madonna 90s than The Fame Monster (:giggle:). In general though, I can't recall an era of radio sounding like TFM. TFM was a huge hit but its own thing. I didn't see a major trend shift in radio from it (like happened from TF).

derpmonster
3 hours ago, Dino said:

She need's to published a sex book and release a sexually charge song or music vid to be relevant these days

I think we all saw how G.U.Y. with its (slightly more than) minor sexual content went.

TheRoof
5 hours ago, DeanWinchester said:

Bad Romance was critically panned before it blew up

receipts? i only hear a critic that say "she's trying to be Cher but falling" or something

I don't think she plans to have a hit recently, we can agree that MR was a small hit and it did do well and it's well known and I don't think she planned that at all.

I do think she's aware that she has the potential to make hits but I think she's also aware that her fans and the GP want that so she's just focusing on her creativity. It's almost like the hits are a safety net, she knows how to make a hit, how to add visuals to it and how to promote it and because she knows she can do that she'd rather focus on something a little bit more outside of her comfort zone and different than what is expected of her

No lies detected from this thread! I also think sometimes Gaga’s music can a bit ahead of her time. 

moonsago

But the truth of it all is that she really is what’s happening, she always sets the tone for what’s going to happen, she is ahead of the game always. And also let’s not forget that 50% of her success was because of her image and the other 50% for her talent. So she needs to work on that too for the next era. 

Archived