💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Full Q&A with Bradley Cooper on 'A Star is Born'

retrophyyysical

Featured Posts

PerfectIllusion
3 hours ago, Ziggy said:

A little of both. Not really anything too “theater” like a Disney film where they burst into these big numbers. The music works organically so, like, she’ll hum to herself on the street, sing an acapella of this in a parking lot to Bradley, write a song at the piano, etc. It’s mostly actual performances, though. A cool thing, though, is hearing her songs through radios or speakers in the film.

Take what Bradley said to heart, it’s working to be authentic first and foremost.

Can you tell me what is she singing in this scene? It looks very theatrical.

lady-gaga-on-the-set-of-a-star-is-born-i

lady-gaga-a-star-is-born-set-in-los-ange

4133CBDE00000578-4582088-image-a-51_1496

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, PerfectIllusion said:

That's her opening scene and I think it's an older song. Look through the older movies as I have a feeling it's a bit of a throwback to one of those songs? It sounds like a Judy Garland-type song. Or if it isn't she sings it like her and it's my favorite vocal performance from her in the movie. Only downside is it lasts about 10 seconds. That's not to say she isn't great elsewhere (shes kills it), just the richness and classic old Hollywood sound here hits me hard as I love old Hollywood musical numbers. Also of note, she doesn't sing like "Gaga" in this movie. She altered her style to fit the character.

DiamondAngel
10 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Power ballad-y. Springsteen-like, but somber Springsteen not TEOG bombastic Springsteen. I'd say it's more akin to The River (a fantastic song of his btw).

Are there any songs in the vein of TEOG? 

The Shallow was amazing live. Her voice was so powerful singing it, she didn't even need a mic for everyone to hear her. Hopefully the feeling was captured accurately on film. :grr:

VintageGlam
2 hours ago, PerfectIllusion said:

The Man That Got Away :P :p :P 

VintageGlam
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

That's her opening scene and I think it's an older song. Look through the older movies as I have a feeling it's a bit of a throwback to one of those songs? It sounds like a Judy Garland-type song. Or if it isn't she sings it like her and it's my favorite vocal performance from her in the movie. Only downside is it lasts about 10 seconds. That's not to say she isn't great elsewhere (shes kills it), just the richness and classic old Hollywood sound here hits me hard as I love old Hollywood musical numbers. Also of note, she doesn't sing like "Gaga" in this movie. She altered her style to fit the character.

So true. I was on set and she sang in a very pop Britney style vs her normal. 

1 hour ago, DiamondAngel said:

Are there any songs in the vein of TEOG? 

Do you mean in a pop sense? Nope. 

41 minutes ago, GagaHairBible said:

The Man That Got Away :P :p :P 

That one! I looked up the songs after I responded to this person and this was that. She sounds fantastic singing it.

Mark Ronson posted on his IG story that he's excited about The Shallow in ASIB :excited2:

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

TimisaMonster
13 hours ago, theahsfan said:

Joanne outtake confirmed.. "The Shallow"

ASIB is Joanne B-Side...mess :saladga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Neight Shayde
2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

That one! I looked up the songs after I responded to this person and this was that. She sounds fantastic singing it.

WAIT SHE DID?!?!?! that was my favorite song from the movie oh my god

doppelganger

“ ...a soundtrack of original songs Cooper crafted with Germanotta, Mark Ronson, Jason Isbell, and Lukas Nelson.”

i’m so down for this!

GagzDonkeyD
3 hours ago, GagaHairBible said:

So true. I was on set and she sang in a very pop Britney style vs her normal. 

Cancelled omg :madge:

I want big old Hollywood broadway vocal Gaga not some whispering Britney :awkney:

Archived