Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Lady Gaga: "I had no idea (MR) would be nominated for a Grammy"

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

We love a Grammy legend :wub:

"When I stood on my front porch, and I wrote this song, I had no idea this would be nominated for a Grammy. I was so sad that day." - 3:30

Queen reminding us she was nominated for a Grammy.

"I will not allow my pain to define me." - 5:23

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FATCAT

I think she's happy it got a nomination, but if it wins? She's gonna be doing country-western for the rest of her life :rip:

Purr more, hiss less.

Arturo

I know when she wrote it she had no plans of it even being a single. You can tell by the way they were writing A-YO that they were wanting for it to be a single from the very very beginning. I love the fact that she wrote it from the heart and it just took off commercially and critically. 

Bradley
2 minutes ago, Arturo said:

I know when she wrote it she had no plans of it even being a single. You can tell by the way they were writing A-YO that they were wanting for it to be a single from the very very beginning. I love the fact that she wrote it from the heart and it just took off commercially and critically. 

That's true. They even said in a BTS video that they wanted A-YO to have that Uptown Funk vibe.

I like how, since it's release, this entire fan base has been calling it 'Million Grammys' and Gaga is talking about how she had no idea it would be considered worthy of a nomination :toofunny:

It's such a sweet story, she deserves any success the song gets :applause: 

Mirages
5 minutes ago, Arturo said:

:golfclap: honestly I wish her label would have put it out as the lead single, I love PI but MR is so cute personal and raw the whole era would have gone differently and Gagz would be happy that a song so dear to her heart won everyone over, she had so much hype behind her when PI was announced

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Supersonic
9 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

I think she's happy it got a nomination, but if it wins? She's gonna be doing country-western for the rest of her life :rip:

Well she should tbh, Joanne is her best album and she didn't even went full country, she just slapped an acoustic guitar on a pop song and made the fomos meltdown. :diane:

Dukttape
10 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Why? It's not like it's her first Grammy 

Arturo
Just now, Mirages said:

:golfclap: honestly I wish her label would have put it out as the lead single, I love PI but MR is so cute personal and raw the whole era would have gone differently and Gagz would be happy that a song so dear to her heart won everyone over, she had so much hype behind her when PI was announced

PI was a disaster of a single era no doubt but I think MR worked best as a 2nd single. I think it wouldnt have sold as much as it did as the first single considering the gap between single release and Super Bowl would have been like 2 months longer. But It definitely would have ended up selling more than PI did before the SB. In other words MR’s chance at being the biggest it could possibly be was through it being the 2nd single.

18 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7443411

Archived