Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Melanie Martinez responds to rape allegations

Noah

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, doppelganger said:

There’s a lack of evidence in terms of a criminal proceeding. But Melanie admitted they “did something”, that it was decided together and timothy didn’t say no. What Melanie (and anyone for the matter) needs to understand though, is that consent is not merely “not saying no”. I feel like her apology could have been better written to acknowledge this. What we got made her sound like she took it lightly because she felt there is consent

That's funny. Because I thought consent was saying yes to something. Consenting to something. 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helxig
17 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Many people do that in a cutesy way. But yeah, they could be a couple. How is that relevant though? Sorry if I'm coming across as accusatory -- not saying anything to you but trying to understand the thought process.

I guess it's not really relevant to the story, I'm just curious as to what kind of relationship they had. You're not coming across accusatory, you have the right to ask questions lol

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

derpmonster
3 minutes ago, FABian said:

That's funny. Because I thought consent was saying yes to something. Consenting to something. 

Yes, consent is saying yes to something. Which is distinct from "not saying no."

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Why do I feel like she labeled as "rape" a situation in which she went in with full consent or while being "unsure", because she regretted it much later on? :smh: Hell this could even be her boyfriend finding out she cheated on him back in the day and she might be trying to cover that up. Don't be so hasty people. :smh:

it wasn't laaaahv

3 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Yes, consent is saying yes to something. Which is distinct from "not saying no."t 😂

derpmonster
Just now, Censored said:

Why do I feel like she labeled as "rape" a situation in which she went in with full consent or while being "unsure", because she regretted it much later on? :smh:

What Martinez said implies there wasn't "full consent." Not being sure isn't consent. The other person has to say Yes. Silence isn't consent.

What we do know is that there wasn't full consent. What we don't know is that Timothy regretted it. I think it's easy to know which one to believe.

Bloody

Well she openly admits that something happened between them, I was expecting that. 

What makes me doubtful is if Timothy was really forced or she just regreted it afterwards. I'm really confused about this, we can never know what actually happened. Their relationship was very weird..

16 minutes ago, pophatesflops said:

she's high as a kite in a dark room with her head in someone's vagina, it's not up to her to notice that someone's "visually uncomfortable" :classy:

i don't even care about smellanie but even i can call bullshit on this

Hmmm, actually still pretty sure it's up to her to make sure she has full consent before sticking her head in someone else's vagina... Don't know what makes you think just because you're high and it's dark it's not up to you to make sure that you have consent before you start touching, groping and penetrating somebody... 

i dont care if she raped her or not cause she still asked for a sex from his friend who she knew was in a relationship and that's disgusting.

doppelganger

4 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Yes, consent is saying yes to something. Which is distinct from "not saying no."

THIS. 

derpmonster
Just now, FABian said:

Not saying no is neither consenting, nor not consenting.  So idk what you're trying to educate me about 😂

I'm sorry that this is so hard for you to understand. It is not consenting period. California SB 967 is your evidence. Here's some thought experiments:

1. You ask someone if they want tea. They don't say anything. Do you go and shove tea in their mouth?

2. Someone is high. You ask if they want tea. They don't say anything again. Would you shove tea in their mouth?

derpmonster
5 minutes ago, Bloody said:

Well she openly admits that something happened between them, I was expecting that. 

What makes me doubtful is if Timothy was really forced or she just regreted it afterwards. I'm really confused about this, we can never know what actually happened. Their relationship was very weird..

What we do know is Timothy didn't say yes as an implication of Martinez's post.

doppelganger
14 minutes ago, Bloody said:

I guess we’ll never know. Let’s just take their words as they are ; Melanie’s statement is very problematic (even if she didn’t mean any harm). Hopefully she’ll learn from this and be more respectful next time. 

BLACKOUTbritney
32 minutes ago, FABian said:

When you have absolutely zero knowledge or evidence of the prior context or in that situation. Like none. It's a he said she said scenario once again. She has no physical  evidence, nor any video/photo evidence.

I mean im not saying she wasn't raped or was raped, Im  saying that there's a lack of evidence to be able to draw this to a conclusion.

The sad thing about that is that even when rape victims do have those things people then question why they were prepared to video/photograph the assault because it seems pre-planned.

Most scenarios of "why didn't they do this" when it comes to sexual assaults end up with even more questions. Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation 

Archived