celeb

Melanie Martinez responds to rape allegations

Noah

Featured Posts

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nickypie101

Might as well have just stood quiet, she basically admitted it. Oh I feel sick to my stomach it’s hard when someone you admired so much did wrong and you just don’t wanna believe it :wacko: 

Helxig

God, after hearing both sides of this situation it just sounds so familiar to my own terrible experiences :smh:   

Way too similar for my own comfort. In so many ways.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Nene Areola

She still admitted to doing all that knowing that timothy was high & vulnerable and had a bf so :awkney:

Nene Areola
23 minutes ago, Hades said:

That message is like she took a page out of Gaga's book. Talking about light etc.:selena: She needs sth more evident to prove she's not lying.

More like madonnas sex book with the pubescent puerto rican boy rape fantasy  :awkney:

TimisaMonster

So she admits it took place and must be deaf cuz NO was said ober the course of 2 days allegedly...

Wow....well....the witch has now lit her own torch to burn her...

:ph34r:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Helxig

I do get the feeling though that there's a lot more to this story than we are being told. I get the feeling they were in some kind of relationship. Timothy said in her statement that Melanie took her in, and that she loved her. But at the same time, she was high and had a boyfriend at the time. Timothy said that she said every no possible, but Melanie says that she didn't hear no once, so what's the truth? Maybe Timothy acted like she was into it without explicitly saying yes or no, later regretted it and felt sick at her decisions, and her friends upon hearing the story convinced her it was assault. Maybe Melanie knew very well that Timothy didn't want it, got her high, and took advantage of her. Maybe they've both twisted their memories of the night to favour their own sides of the story. Whatever it is, It's terrible news to hear and I think we'll never know the truth :smh:  But given my own experiences, I don't want to outright believe either side.

If Melanie did do these things, it's unforgiveable. And if she didn't then her career will be tarnished either way. I hope these girls can sort it out somehow in private and come to a positive resolution out of the public eye.

derpmonster

"Didn't say no," --that's exactly what happened in most cases of men in power sexually harassing/assaulting women. People often don't feel like they can. Either because the other person is in a position of authority or too good of a friend to refuse.

Not saying no doesn't mean yes. It's not consent.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

derpmonster
1 minute ago, Helxig said:

I do get the feeling though that there's a lot more to this story than we are being told. I get the feeling they were in some kind of relationship. Timothy said in her statement that Melanie took her in, and that she loved her. But at the same time, she was high and had a boyfriend at the time. Timothy said that she said every no possible, but Melanie says that she didn't hear no once, so what's the truth? Maybe Timothy acted like she was into it without explicitly saying yes or no, later regretted it and felt sick at her decisions, and her friends upon hearing the story convinced her it was assault. Maybe Melanie knew very well that Timothy didn't want it, got her high, and took advantage of her. Maybe they've both twisted their memories of the night to favour their own sides of the story. Whatever it is, It's terrible news to hear and I think we'll never know the truth :smh:  But given my own experiences, I don't want to outright believe either side.

If Melanie did do these things, it's unforgiveable. And if she didn't then her career will be tarnished either way. I hope these girls can sort it out somehow in private and come to a positive resolution out of the public eye.

But why make up all those scenarios, though? Based on the information we have, Melanie says, "She didn't say no." If Timothy had said yes or consent affirmatively, Melanie would've said that in her statement. This means she did not say yes.

Relationship doesn't imply consent and neither does silence. The law also requires affirmative consent, not the lack of "No."

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Curious that rather than saying "She said yes to what we chose to do together" she said "She never said no to what we chose to do together."

Not hearing her say no (in that particular moment, despite what Timothy describes as two nights of trying to reject her advances) does not equal consent.

This sounds like the excuse of some college frat boy :shrug: 

Helxig
5 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

But why make up all those scenarios, though? Based on the information we have, Melanie says, "She didn't say no." If Timothy had said yes or consent affirmatively, Melanie would've said that in her statement. This means she did not say yes.

Relationship doesn't imply consent and neither does silence. The law also requires affirmative consent, not the lack of "No."

You are right about all of those points. I almost always believe victims immediately. And the fact is, Timothy obviously feels victimised, whether Melanie saw herself as a predator at the time or not, and her feelings are valid.

Archived