Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG6 Will Decide The Rest of Gaga's Career

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Anveeroy said:

giphy.gif

See :giggle:

I was actually looking for that when I was writing that. lol 30 Rock still rocks

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley
3 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Yes!!! I agree with almost everything! It’s not only the #1 hits and charts sucess we should care about. If she gets successful singles and a successful era in general, we’ll get more promo, more videos, more performances, great tours, Interscope will more likely support Gaga’s ideas... it’s not Music x Bling situation. Gaga was not happy to finish ARTPOP era without finishing all her plans, her ideas! I expect LG6 to have like 5 singles like Born This Way so... 

i actually think the label is already willing to give her what she wants, look at the joanne tour. it's her most expensive production because they know all the money comes from gaga's performances, so they don't really care that much about her album performance.

i think the label puts all the focus into her performances because it's clear she can easily sell out arenas

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Sneaky Oliver
Just now, ryanripley said:

i actually think the label is already willing to give her what she wants, look at the joanne tour. it's her most expensive production because they know all the money comes from gaga's performances, so they don't really care that much about her album performance.

i think the label puts all the focus into her performances because it's clear she can easily sell out arenas

She worked hard to make MR a top5 hit and they had Super Bowl and Coachella buzz... but what I’m trying to say is that LG6 could be another “ARTPOP era” :flop: so we won’t get nice things 

btw Hi babe how are you doing :unicorn:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

ryanripley
Just now, Sneaky Oliver said:

She worked hard to make MR a top5 hit and they had Super Bowl and Coachella buzz... but what I’m trying to say is that LG6 could be another “ARTPOP era” :flop: so we won’t get nice things 

well even after the ARTPOP era, we still got nice things :poot: nothing on Joanne charted higher than ARTPOP which is why they probably put all the work into her live shows since that's where all the money comes from

RochestrMonstr
1 minute ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Are you implying that we didn't get a nice tour during the ARTPOP era? 

RAMROD
20 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Tall queen :poot:

Queen of The World :whitney:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

We say this with every single and album since Born This Way and yet she performed at the Super Bowl this year. :tony:

Tan Fei

My opinion is dont overthink . dont think too much. otherwise you wont enjoy n like whatever music she puts out in future . 

Reality

People said the same thing about Joanne when it was still "LG5." They were like, "this album is going to decide the rest of her career!" which simply isn't true. Unless it's a decade-defining album or something, one album cannot define her career. It'll just be one album in her repertoire, that's all. 

The amazing thing about Gaga is that she's able to be diverse with her career and with her music. I don't necessarily think that LG6 needs to be this disco/funk/synth/pop thing that everyone thinks it needs to be; however, it's something I would like. 

You can't really compare Gaga to people like Rihanna, Beyonce, and Ariana because even though they are all pop singers, Gaga does something completely different. She's shown that she's more than a pop singer, and that's amazing. She's maturing, yes, but I love that. I love that she's doing more "mature" sounds like C2C and Joanne. 

Also, from a completely emotional standpoint, Joanne was an album that she needed to do. She needed that catharsis in order to, sort of, set herself on the right track. She's played this game of putting on the facade that is "Lady Gaga," and she needed an album in which she took off that mask and showed people who she "really was." Now I'm not saying that the "Gaga" from TF/TFM/BTW/ARTPOP was fake, certainly not, but to some extent she was. She even expressed that in 5F2; she talked about how she's nervous about living up to the name that is "Lady Gaga" instead of doing what she wants to do. 

I believe Joanne was a healing album for her, but I also believe that it'll play a pivotal role in her future albums. She also said, "When I looked at that camera today and I saw my eyes were dead, why do you think I was, like, so freaked out? Because I could see now. I don't need to have a million wigs on and all that **** to make a statement. I know we want to elevate everything, I'm trying to elevate everything, but like, I can't elevate it to the point where I become 'Lady Gaga' again. Yeah, because then it's like why even...why did I make this record?"

Now of course she's going to wear wigs, be provocative, etc., but not necessarily to the point at which she did it before. She's matured and that's going to be reflected in her music and in her fashion sense. It's just part of evolving, and that's perfectly fine. 

🖤👹

Sneaky Oliver
10 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

well even after the ARTPOP era, we still got nice things :poot: nothing on Joanne charted higher than ARTPOP which is why they probably put all the work into her live shows since that's where all the money comes from

8 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

Are you implying that we didn't get a nice tour during the ARTPOP era? 

Omg no i love everything about ARTPOP and artrave I mean the era is the famous “flop era” by GP  and haters and interscope couldn’t support Gaga ideas till the end when it comes to singles and videos as we all know it. Joanne on the other hand is the stripped down era and people respect that! She regained old stans and got new stans specially after SBHS!!! The tour is massive but the next one may not be this huge that’s what I’m trying to say 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Guest ARTPOPSlays
3 hours ago, romonster said:

"3 year hiatus" makes it sound like she pulled an Adele and completely disappeared from the public eye and from the media, which is not true. Gaga released Cheek To Cheek shortly after ARTPOP, which was a big success, she starred in American Horror Story, she performed at the Grammys and Oscars multiple times and much more. She was constantly doing something.

And Joanne was exactly the type of album she had to release after Cheek To Cheek. Imagine singing jazz with Tony Bennett for 2 years and rebranding your image and gaining older fans and then going back to the same dance/pop with the next album. That would have been a complete step backwards. Perfect Illusion was not the right lead single, but Million Reasons was the perfect Super Bowl single.

If Gaga has proven anything this year, it's that she will remain relevant no matter what path she takes in the future. I really hope her next album is a big commercial success but her career certainly doesn't depend on it. And she's certainly not on Xtina/Britney level, she's on the same level as Rihanna, P!nk or Beyoncé.

This, this and THIS!! People say the same thing every time a new album comes around and what does she do? Proves them wrong every time. You wanna know why? Because she’s a real artist and loves what she does and doesn’t just stop because people don’t like what she has to offer 

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Omg no i love everything about ARTPOP and artrave I mean the era is the famous “flop era” by GP  and haters and interscope couldn’t support Gaga ideas till the end when it comes to singles and videos as we all know it. Joanne on the other hand is the stripped down era and people respect that! She regained old stans and got new stans specially after SBHS!!! The tour is massive but the next one may not be this huge that’s what I’m trying to say 

it'll the same level production or likely something bigger since this show has been 100% sold out the whole way, i think no matter what she puts out (if it's another joanne or current chart toppers), she shows will always be top notch :firega: 

the problem with ARTPOP was that the projects that the label cancelled weren't "important" to the album or it's promotion, at least in their eyes :noparty: so they just decided to cut their loses completely instead of risking the investment but it's clear they're on better terms now and they have a lot more faith in her to make money, even if the album does worse than ARTPOP :selena: 

4 hours ago, Stef said:

People said the same for LG5

they also said the same for ARTPOP after Born This Way’s predominantly front-loaded success 

im over predicting the outcome of Gaga’s career based on album and single units tbh 

yeah you're right. Gaga's career is always one step ahead of what you think she needs. Oh she needs #1 hit singles? How about the super bowl. Oh she needs a pop smash after ARTPOP? How about Cheek to Cheek. Oh she needs LG6 to smash to maintain her career? How about....award-winning lead actress?  :classy:

Michaelandro
1 hour ago, permotio said:

Hmm, I can’t agree with that. There was a point a while back where I really thought she’d “hacked” the whole fame system and she had her whole career planned out, but she’s made too many mistakes and missteps for me to think that now. Joanne especially was such a messy era – it’s clear she lost a lot of control over the little points or at least doesn’t care about micromanaging herself anymore.

Well my opinion is exactly the opposite. I think the last ''messy'' era was AP and I think that's when things got really shaky. Joanne was imo just a low key era. She wasn't everywhere and I don't think she wanted to be. The single choices were indeed strange but she still did good. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I think she has every single thing planned out, but when it comes to her career in the long run, I think she knows what she's doing. MR for example did pretty well and she sang that song everywhere, just enough to let people know she's here, but not so much in your face like back in the day. Now, on the other hand, I feel like the ambition is back and  fearless Gaga as we know her is having a rebirth :tony: It will be really interesting to see what she comes up with next.

Archived