💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG6 Will Decide The Rest of Gaga's Career

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

ApplauseftAdele

Ok here's the tea y'all : 
Currently Gaga is almost at the P!nk/Christina/Britney/Madonna level. People recognize her image and her talent and respect her, but when it comes to news and pop culture she's just not as relevant anymore, compared to the more mainstream artists like Beyonce, Bieber and Rihanna. I believe that after Born This Way she kind of polarized people like Katy did with Witness, but instead of coming back with a bop she took a hiatus. She came back 3 years later and EVERYONE was ready for a Gaga comeback, but she ended up releasing PI/Joanne instead. I believe this REALLY hurt her chances for a comeback - 3 years is a long time, and its honestly the most new music hype Gaga will ever get. If she pulls another 3 year hiatus then people will just straight up forget about her, the 3 year hiatus for Joanne people were super hyped for a hit, she could have milked the **** out of it. While it is hard to measure the impact of it, I strongly believe that when the GP saw Gaga's "huge comeback" end up being a stripped down album, it made them think "well the Poker Face gaga is gone, this new gaga is talented but also kinda boring." It helped her image as a songwriter/singer but TBH the songs on joanne make her seem really aged. Like she sounds/looks more mature on Joanne...but the GP loves sexy young artists like Telephone gaga, so it may have turned them away.

At this point I thought, OK so this is her image now. But then the Halftime show happened, and people were slayed (by her OLD songs, fashion, style...) once again, and for a week she ruled the internet and the news. But now, almost a year later, the GP has kinda forgotten about her again. So heres my opinion : now that the GP has seen Gaga in her mature phase and her pop-iconic phase (superbowl), she has one more chance to solidify her impact with them. Joanne could have made her fade away but the Superbowl gave her another chance to be relevant. 

LG6 needs to serve a highkey bop lead single with high fashion, high heels and sexiness. (and she can't look "old"... she has to remind people that shes only 30!!! Like there was a REACT Video where they guessed that she was like 45.... like if anything the GP needs to be reminded she is still young because GP loves their young artists.) Like her performances need to be on point, she needs to have something VMA 2009 level to not "shock" people but get them talking again. Make the GP think "YESS GAGA IS BACK! I haven't seen her in so long! I forgot that she had such catchy songs!" And the song HAS to go top 10. Like, she needs to have a hit just to remind everyone of who the **** she is. Because if she makes LG6 a stripped down album, (and yes, it might be what she wants to do, but the truth is...) then people will just subconsciously put her even farther back in their minds. "Oh Lady Gaga? Yeah she's toned it down now. She does **** with Tony Bennett now, i think shes retired from being a pop star." 

I am not saying that GAGA HAS TO BE #1!!! SHE HAS TO SERVE HITS... she can become a country artist for all I care ... but IF she wants to stay relevant and get MORE hits in the future, she has to make LG6 how I said above. Its literally her last chance.

Spoiler

Yall might come for me, but look at Beyonce and Rihanna. They are both Gaga's age, and have had longer careers, but are still super relevant. They stay relevant by delivering huge comeback hits that 1) meet up to the hype, and 2) get people talking.Think about if Beyonce released a stripped down album instead of Lemonade and pulled a Joanne, like literally stopped being beyonce and gave us a choreo-less video with no Beyonce-glam (basically Gaga with PI)... no matter how good the vocals are or how "stripped down" it is, the GP would be like .... ok Beyonce is retiring from being the "beyonce" we know.

EDIT : Ok to clear some thing up...

Yes, we said this about Joanne. It was her make or break album. And it almost honestly did break her, if not for the Superbowl. Think about where she would be if she didn't headline the superbowl... people would honestly be thinking she retired from pop and became a folk indie singer and lose interest, it was the SBHT show that showed them she was still here. She just needs to deliver with LG6. /s

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her next lead single needs to be a massive bop and smash everywhere.

I want that BTW/Roar/Shake it off lead single kind of success. She needs to promote it this time and no more PI mess. 

EdgeofTeeth

I agree with this (bar the Xtina comparison :duck:). Her management really needs to get the next era right because I really don’t think she can have another PI-sized mess (I like the song but it was not anywhere near the right choice for a lead single). 

Edit: And it’s really frustrating as a fan because I really think Gaga can so easily slay everybody, like she clearly has that in her.. It’s just almost like she and her management want to sabotage her chances on purpose :selena:

17 hours ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Ok here's the tea y'all : 
Currently Gaga is almost at the P!nk/Christina/Britney/Madonna level. People recognize her image and her talent and respect her, but when it comes to news and pop culture she's just not as relevant anymore, compared to the more mainstream artists like Beyonce, Bieber and Rihanna. I believe that after Born This Way she kind of polarized people like Katy did with Witness, but instead of coming back with a bop she took a hiatus. She came back 3 years later and EVERYONE was ready for a Gaga comeback, but she ended up releasing PI/Joanne instead. I believe this REALLY hurt her chances for a comeback - 3 years is a long time, and its honestly the most new music hype Gaga will ever get. If she pulls another 3 year hiatus then people will just straight up forget about her, the 3 year hiatus for Joanne people were super hyped for a hit, she could have milked the **** out of it. While it is hard to measure the impact of it, I strongly believe that when the GP saw Gaga's "huge comeback" end up being a stripped down album, it made them think "well the Poker Face gaga is gone, this new gaga is talented but also kinda boring." It helped her image as a songwriter/singer but TBH the songs on joanne make her seem really aged. Like she sounds/looks more mature on Joanne...but the GP loves sexy young artists like Telephone gaga, so it may have turned them away.

At this point I thought, OK so this is her image now. But then the Halftime show happened, and people were slayed (by her OLD songs, fashion, style...) once again, and for a week she ruled the internet and the news. But now, almost a year later, the GP has kinda forgotten about her again. So heres my opinion : now that the GP has seen Gaga in her mature phase and her pop-iconic phase (superbowl), she has one more chance to solidify her impact with them. Joanne could have made her fade away but the Superbowl gave her another chance to be relevant. 

LG6 needs to serve a highkey bop lead single with high fashion, high heels and sexiness. (and she can't look "old"... she has to remind people that shes only 30!!! Like there was a REACT Video where they guessed that she was like 45.... like if anything the GP needs to be reminded she is still young because GP loves their young artists.) Like her performances need to be on point, she needs to have something VMA 2009 level to not "shock" people but get them talking again. Make the GP think "YESS GAGA IS BACK! I haven't seen her in so long! I forgot that she had such catchy songs!" And the song HAS to go top 10. Like, she needs to have a hit just to remind everyone of who the **** she is. Because if she makes LG6 a stripped down album, (and yes, it might be what she wants to do, but the truth is...) then people will just subconsciously put her even farther back in their minds. "Oh Lady Gaga? Yeah she's toned it down now. She does **** with Tony Bennett now, i think shes retired from being a pop star." 

I am not saying that GAGA HAS TO BE #1!!! SHE HAS TO SERVE HITS... she can become a country artist for all I care ... but IF she wants to stay relevant and get MORE hits in the future, she has to make LG6 how I said above. Its literally her last chance.

Hide contents

Yall might come for me, but look at Beyonce and Rihanna. They are both Gaga's age, and have had longer careers, but are still super relevant. They stay relevant by delivering huge comeback hits that 1) meet up to the hype, and 2) get people talking.Think about if Beyonce released a stripped down album instead of Lemonade and pulled a Joanne, like literally stopped being beyonce and gave us a choreo-less video with no Beyonce-glam (basically Gaga with PI)... no matter how good the vocals are or how "stripped down" it is, the GP would be like .... ok Beyonce is retiring from being the "beyonce" we know.

I wanna agree with you but sorry, Christina is not on anyone's level here. Gaga is more or less the same level as P!nk, if not higher, and she's just a little below Britney, if not the same and Madonna still reigns high. :reductive: 

It's like this for me : (status in music industry)

Christina < P!nk <= Gaga <= Britney < Madonna 

People said the same for LG5

they also said the same for ARTPOP after Born This Way’s predominantly front-loaded success 

im over predicting the outcome of Gaga’s career based on album and single units tbh 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

im sorry but this is basically what every gaga fan has said about everything she's ever done to be honest. people want more of the same and gaga doesn't wanna serve that anymore. if she did she would've by now.

romonster

"3 year hiatus" makes it sound like she pulled an Adele and completely disappeared from the public eye and from the media, which is not true. Gaga released Cheek To Cheek shortly after ARTPOP, which was a big success, she starred in American Horror Story, she performed at the Grammys and Oscars multiple times and much more. She was constantly doing something.

And Joanne was exactly the type of album she had to release after Cheek To Cheek. Imagine singing jazz with Tony Bennett for 2 years and rebranding your image and gaining older fans and then going back to the same dance/pop with the next album. That would have been a complete step backwards. Perfect Illusion was not the right lead single, but Million Reasons was the perfect Super Bowl single.

If Gaga has proven anything this year, it's that she will remain relevant no matter what path she takes in the future. I really hope her next album is a big commercial success but her career certainly doesn't depend on it. And she's certainly not on Xtina/Britney level, she's on the same level as Rihanna, P!nk or Beyoncé.

frankensteined

It shouldn’t matter how much success she has.. If you’re a fan you should support her regardless

ryhanna

Not even close. 

I think the key to Gaga's success is to never allow people to expect something, no matter the outcome. Everybody wanted a big, disco-dance-eletronic pop number from Perfect Illusion, she served us pop rock. Might not have been a hit, but it was fierce and passionate. 

The Cure came from nowhere and proved that she can still make songs that are radio friendly and current. 

Hits are bound to happen, but at this point I'm just happy to sit back and let Gaga continue to come from left field. I'm fairly confident this phase of her career will be sustainable for a good few years, so I'm not fussed. I don't think she'll ever be a Beyonce, but she doesn't need to be. She's her own thing with her own path, and she'll be blazing a trail for pop stars to come. 

Chromatic

Not relevant anymore? Girl, they're writing, articles about her recent beach photos here in Denmark. Her show here is also completely sold out. Keep in mind, we only have a population of 5,731 million people.

Joanne is what made her become ''relevant again''.

DeanWinchester

Threadly reminder Gaga has been releasing new music annually since 2013 up until next year and she won back the media. We are in a better space now.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

27 minutes ago, Anduin said:

But MR is a hit :oprah:

Its a hit because of the halftime show and its not that big but its a hit

follow me in twitter omg

I don't want Gaga to age like Madonna (no offense), I want her to accept age and maturity much like Meryl Streep. She may not be a hit-maker anymore but at least, she's maturing and learning and not forcing to be young when she clearly is not.

RochestrMonstr

Where did this recent rebound on the concern with Gaga's commercial success come from? I thought anyone who was concerned about that left during ARTPOP tbh. But lately there's been like an onslaught of this stuff. 

Gaga is probably going to continue to do whatever she wants. She seems to be doing just fine taking that route. 

Archived