💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG6 Will Decide The Rest of Gaga's Career

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

While respecting every opinion regarding Gaga's career, this is so tiring to hear. Gaga must do this, Gaga must do that, Gaga should be like this, Gaga should be relevant like that...

I mean, come on... you became fans and monsters because you were amazed by what she did all these years. And then now you complain and expect things from her like you are the management. Tbh, through an artist's/musician's perspective, that is so toxic. Leave it to album critics--to criticize her work and rate them.

But from super fans complaining? That's like a family member attending to a loved one's show and complaining afterwards. Give her a break. Leave it to people whose real job is to write about her.

If you are not enjoying her not being in top and being relevant, it means you only like the idea of your idols being on top and being relevant TO THE GENERAL MASS. and not actually supporting her no matter what. if we start just appreciating what she releases, then it creates a positive effect for the critics. If you don't like it, move on to the next artist you like.

Again, leave the "planning of her career" to people who manages her, and leave it to real critics. You can express dislike for her work sure, but it really is toxic for an artist when fans are giving pointers and plans for her career.

I need a life, I'm so invested while typing this.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RochestrMonstr
4 hours ago, Wigless said:

Just fine? Lmao if you say so. Yeah her career won't end until her death, but why do you want her lead singles to peak @ #199 on the Hot 100? She doesn't deserve. And if you say you only care about the music, friendly reminder: high sales fund the new music we all want so badly, so don't be rude by belittling this.  

I apologize for coming off as rude. 

However, I think some people are are worrying for nothing. All i meant is Gaga has not had a "mega-smash" era since BTW, and she's totally fine. 

If she wasn't fine, she wouldn't be selling out arenas, releasing platinum albums (and selling more than most artists) and getting nominated for Grammys.  Also, she still manages to receive airplay.

I don't want her to have singles peak at #199, of course not.  But none of them have, and I don't see any reason to think her next one will do that poorly.

monster4life231

I want Gaga to do what she wants her to do, not what the public expect her to do.

spread peace - #MJInnocent

MaryJaneHolland
On 12/8/2017 at 1:50 AM, JupiterDrive said:

For a week maybe 

Oh, shut up :saladga: In THe US it stayed in iTunes top 10 for months, is about to be double platinum and was a big radio hit....

MaryJaneHolland
23 minutes ago, KatyBaldHead said:

yall make threads like this every single time she is recording something new...

your avi confused me :saladga:

RochestrMonstr

I'm just curious @dit do you have something to say? You seem to keep clicking "lmao" on any positive post about Gaga lately. I would love to hear your input. (Not even being nasty just being curious from one monster to another). 

PunkTheFunk

What we need to do as a fan base is stop stressing out about Gaga's career and come to terms with a few things :poot:

First, Gaga's commercial and cultural peak is behind her. We need to stop yearning for 2009-2011 because it's never coming back and the sooner you accept that, the better :madge: Her album sales and relevance have been on a steady, downward trend since her debut and hoping that she'll suddenly sell 10 million albums again out of nowhere is just being delusional. I also don't see a Madonna (Ray of Light) or Mariah (Emancipation of Mimi)-type comeback for her because Madonna and Mariah dominated the music scene for at least solid decade before they 'flopped'. (I'm not totally ruling it out...but I'm skeptical).

Second, Gaga is no longer 'cool'. Beyonce is cool. Rihanna is cool. Selena Gomez is cool. Gaga is not. Why? Because she only gathered up her fans during her 3-year commercial peak and then stopped making commercially-viable pop music (until The Cure maybe), so she missed out on the chance to attract newer generations of fans between 2013 and now. The majority of her monsters who were around 12-16 when she debuted (me included) have aged with her and are now in their very late teens/early twenties. Practically adults. i.e. not exactly the target 'cool' demographic :madge:

So to go back to OP's question: will LG6 decide the rest of Gaga's career? No. In my opinion, BTW decided her career :selena: Had she decided not to alienate some of her fans with her social/political commentary and kept churning out infectious pop hits, she might have extended her commercial peak and been on her way to dethroning Madonna. She didn't, and so here we are. 

But who cares? Gaga has the talent and passion to sustain a very long, Barbra Streisand/Cher-type career, which is a rare feat in the music industry. In just the last 3 years she branched out to jazz music with a music legend and won a Grammy, became an Oscar nominee, headlined Coachella, did the Superbowl and racked up more Emmy noms, starred in her first major motion picture, won a Golden Globe for a lead television role, and released an album with a country-music aesthetic and sold out stadiums and arenas around the world. And this was all years after her commercial peak -- years after being the music industry's 'it' girl. Can you imagine what she can accomplish in the next 30-40 years? :tony: A starring role on Broadway? More films? More critically acclaimed performances? More collabs with industry legends? :tony:

The moral of story is: being relevant and having a hit song is nice, but Gaga has so much more to offer the world than that and that's why I'm so invested in her. If I was after chart success, a few cheap radio hits, and some bragging rights on ATRL, I'd stan Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez :emma:

DeanWinchester
2 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

What we need to do as a fan base is stop stressing out about Gaga's career and come to terms with a few things :poot:

First, Gaga's commercial and cultural peak is behind her. We need to stop yearning for 2009-2011 because it's never coming back and the sooner you accept that, the better :madge: Her album sales and relevance have been on a steady, downward trend since her debut and hoping that she'll suddenly sell 10 million albums again out of nowhere is just being delusional. I also don't see a Madonna (Ray of Light) or Mariah (Emancipation of Mimi)-type comeback for her because Madonna and Mariah dominated the music scene for at least solid decade before they 'flopped'. (I'm not totally ruling it out...but I'm skeptical).

Second, Gaga is no longer 'cool'. Beyonce is cool. Rihanna is cool. Selena Gomez is cool. Gaga is not. Why? Because she only gathered up her fans during her 3-year commercial peak and then stopped making commercially-viable pop music (until The Cure maybe), so she missed out on the chance to attract newer generations of fans between 2013 and now. The majority of her monsters who were around 12-16 when she debuted (me included) have aged with her and are now in their very late teens/early twenties. Practically adults. i.e. not exactly the target 'cool' demographic :madge:

So to go back to OP's question: will LG6 decide the rest of Gaga's career? No. In my opinion, BTW decided her career :selena: Had she decided not to alienate some of her fans with her social/political commentary and kept churning out infectious pop hits, she might have extended her commercial peak and been on her way to dethroning Madonna. She didn't, and so here we are. 

But who cares? Gaga has the talent and passion to sustain a very long, Barbra Streisand/Cher-type career, which is a rare feat in the music industry. In just the last 3 years she branched out to jazz music with a music legend and won a Grammy, became an Oscar nominee, headlined Coachella, did the Superbowl and racked up more Emmy noms, starred in her first major motion picture, won a Golden Globe for a lead television role, and released an album with a country-music aesthetic and sold out stadiums and arenas around the world. And this was all years after her commercial peak -- years after being the music industry's 'it' girl. Can you imagine what she can accomplish in the next 30-40 years? :tony: A starring role on Broadway? More films? More critically acclaimed performances? More collabs with industry legends? :tony:

The moral of story is: being relevant and having a hit song is nice, but Gaga has so much more to offer the world than that and that's why I'm so invested in her. If I was after chart success, a few cheap radio hits, and some bragging rights on ATRL, I'd stan Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez :emma:

Oh wow the first serious post I've seen from punkie and it's amazing. Good job

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

vertigostick
5 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

100% agreed.

Additionnally, I have the impression many fans in general totally overestimate the „thirst“ or the „hype“ factor surrounding an artist‘s comeback. The GP is not on Twitter 24/7. The GP is not on ATRL, pop music boards or fan forums... For a song to catch on outside a fanbase and reach the GP, it doesn‘t take „hype“. It‘s basically only a matter of a song connecting with the audience or not. That‘s what radio station check during their audience panel tests. How much potential does a song have to connect with the masses and turn into a hit.

It happened to Cher (Believe) and Kylie (Can’t get you out of my head) late into their careers after years of not having big hits. So it can (and probably will) happen to Gaga as well, definitely. With the right song(s) at the right time. Nothing more, nothing less.

Archived