đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Mark Nilan: '2018 radio is ours'

monketsharona

Featured Posts

23 hours ago, prince said:

Then I think it'll be awkward for her to release the film, soundtrack and new Gaga material in the same year

Idk why people are under the illusion that ASIB will make any sort f wave to warrant its era to span a few months. It’ll be a small dent in the list of releases and mainly dead-on-arrival, she can absolutely release her new album in that year, if overexposure is what you’re worried about then i advise that u rest easy in the knowledge that definitely won’t happen :sharon: 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, nattuggla said:

Well TC was unpromoted and definetely could have been bigger. But it proved several things:

- Gaga's low streaming can definetely be repaired by constant support of Interscope if she releases streaming-friendly future singles.

- it showed that lost markets like the UK and Australia can get regained after years of absence (since we know TC was more succesful than PI and MR); even in my country TC was more successful than MR and PI combined.

Unfortunately we know that Gaga couldn't be able to promote it properly because of ASIB, tour preparation and Sonja's death. I am sure that Gaga's team know TC is not their best shot but Interscope and Gaga's team saw the potential of it as a cute buzz single which works as a sacrificial lamb to be unpromoted but still doing something in favor for Gaga. So it was still an investment to not put it into a shelf. I am sure Gaga and DJWS are keeping their better work for bigger projects.......

I am pretty sure Joanne wasn't made for success or radio play. But don't compare a basic filler sounding song to MR and PI. There is no point of success if you lack identity and substance.

Eventhough gaga gained her popularity through pure catchy pop music it sounded fresh, clever and orginal. 

All of the successful radio hits artists are most likely going to fade with time with some exceptions. Honestly, it's scary that gaga might  "go with the flow" just to be desperate for a hit rather than creating the flow herself.

COME ON GAYS!!

monketsharona
37 minutes ago, Stef said:

Idk why people are under the illusion that ASIB will make any sort f wave to warrant its era to span a few months. It’ll be a small dent in the list of releases and mainly dead-on-arrival, she can absolutely release her new album in that year, if overexposure is what you’re worried about then i advise that u rest easy in the knowledge that definitely won’t happen :sharon: 

For sure it's not like we're still in 2011 anymore :yay:

I don't expect ASIB music to go viral and be everywhere, Lady Gaga definitely could release a solo album next year

39 minutes ago, Stef said:

It's not over exposure i'm worried of, I am aware that over exposure hasn't existed since 2011.

It's the fact that Gaga and her team find it SO hard to create a decent schedule nowadays and I can just imagine them starting the year promoting ASIB and then getting the promo that actually matters (her album) messed up. Ever since the Troy Carter mess her promo has been all over the place so I just can't imagine a year where her team are wanting her to promo a film, soundtrack and new album in one year :saladga: 

I have faith in Gaga and I love her but for her and her team the best decision is just focus on something, have a break and then start again on a new project. Trust me i'm not an idiot and I know over exposure doesn't relate to Gaga any more, it's the idea that she's going to try and promote multiple projects in one year 

BlingNotTheMusic
4 minutes ago, prince said:

It's not over exposure i'm worried of, I am aware that over exposure hasn't existed since 2011.

It's the fact that Gaga and her team find it SO hard to create a decent schedule nowadays and I can just imagine them starting the year promoting ASIB and then getting the promo that actually matters (her album) messed up. Ever since the Troy Carter mess her promo has been all over the place so I just can't imagine a year where her team are wanting her to promo a film, soundtrack and new album in one year :saladga: 

I have faith in Gaga and I love her but for her and her team the best decision is just focus on something, have a break and then start again on a new project. Trust me i'm not an idiot and I know over exposure doesn't relate to Gaga any more, it's the idea that she's going to try and promote multiple projects in one year 

I believe in ha!

(But I low key agree with you :gaycat:)

nattuggla
4 minutes ago, Arbmonster said:

I am pretty sure Joanne wasn't made for success or radio play. But don't compare a basic filler sounding song to MR and PI. There is no point of success if you lack identity and substance.

Eventhough gaga gained her popularity through pure catchy pop music it sounded fresh, clever and orginal. 

All of the successful radio hits artists are most likely going to fade with time with some exceptions. Honestly, it's scary that gaga might  "go with the flow" just to be desperate for a hit rather than creating the flow herself.

I am not sure if you are aware of it but I prefer MR over TC and I am not denying your point about Joanne and MR. However I still stated some valid facts about commercial success and I didn't compare TC with MR in terms of quality. Releasing TC as a buzz single didn't affect the artistical integrity and growth of Gaga and her legacy in any way.

I  just think to cement your legacy as an artist it's better to find the perfect middle of artistical growth/integrity and commercial success. Commercial success is needed until to some point that an artist is relevant enough to be kept in mind for decades. Also to be successful does mean that the label put more trust in you which means a bigger budget for your future projects and being relevant on the charts also could mean that there will be higher demand in your country for touring. Unfortunately that is the reason why I can't see Gaga in my country because Joanne underperformed here and her team was afraid of an empty arena, hence she is not visiting my country this time.

There are many artists like Madonna who managed to combine music of quality and success so I hope Gaga can get both in the future as well.

Again I think TC is not her best shot (I like the lyrics and the song itself but the production is generic) and I also think the album Joanne was a very smart and enjoyable move from Gaga's team.

6 minutes ago, prince said:

I know gaga is a star in the movie but why would her team be concerned with all pf the promo? Shouldn't Bradely, since its his mocie, or Warner brothers responsibility to schedule all of the promo? 

She should be concerned about few dates and interviews and that's all no?

COME ON GAYS!!

3 minutes ago, Arbmonster said:

I know gaga is a star in the movie but why would her team be concerned with all pf the promo? Shouldn't Bradely, since its his mocie, or Warner brothers responsibility to schedule all of the promo? 

She should be concerned about few dates and interviews and that's all no?

Well it obviously depends, if she's extending the tour as rumoured then it'll probably have to be planned around that and if her schedule is free apart from making music then her team will still have some involvement.

It's Bradleys directorial debut and Warner Bros are releasing the film but it's Gagas first main movie role, she's literally the star that's being born and she made the soundtrack so yes she should be somewhat involved in the promo (if they're going to bother with promo) and Gagas team will be massively involved within that promo. Obviously her management will have a lot to do with their clients projects and the promotion around that

2 minutes ago, nattuggla said:

I am not sure if you are aware of it but I prefer MR over TC and I am not denying your point about Joanne and MR. However I still stated some valid facts about commercial success and I didn't compare TC with MR in terms of quality. Releasing TC as a buzz single didn't affect the artistical integrity and growth of Gaga and her legacy in any way.

I  just think to cement your legacy as an artist it's better to find the perfect middle of artistical growth/integrity and commercial success. Commercial success is needed until to some point that an artist is relevant enough to be kept in mind for decades. Also to be successful does mean that the label put more trust in you which means a bigger budget for your future projects and being relevant on the charts also could mean that there will be higher demand in your country for touring. Unfortunately that is the reason why I can't see Gaga in my country because Joanne underperformed here and her team was afraid of an empty arena, hence she is not visiting my country this time.

There are many artists like Madonna who managed to combine music of quality and success so I hope Gaga can get both in the future as well.

Again I think TC is not her best shot (I like the lyrics and the song itself but the production is generic) and I also think the album Joanne was a very smart and enjoyable move from Gaga's team.

I totally agree somewhere in the middle would be great. I really believe that she can reach PF or BR level again if she really puts her head in it.  

That's why when people keep mentioning the TC as if it's the level she should aim to, it feels like they want her not to even try :madge:

I like DJWS but he is a yes man and that's not always good :toofunny:

COME ON GAYS!!

nattuggla
12 minutes ago, Arbmonster said:

I totally agree somewhere in the middle would be great. I really believe that she can reach PF or BR level again if she really puts her head in it.  

That's why when people keep mentioning the TC as if it's the level she should aim to, it feels like they want her not to even try :madge:

Well I think that TC is catchy in its melody/chorus and Gaga's soothing and calm voice is angelic but I can understand when the people say the production is generic and it feels like they didn't try enough with the instrumental. I still think that Gaga and DJWS knew that, hence it is not attached to any album and was left without any promotion.

We already know that Gaga is that kind of artist who loves to experiment with new sounds and we know that she plays a huge role in writing and producing so I hope she can create some Disco, Funk, RnB and Soul-influenced Pop Songs with DJWS. When we compare all her albums they sound nothing like each other, there was always a change in sound hence I think LG6 won't sound like TC.

monketsharona
1 hour ago, Arbmonster said:

Probably one of the reasons why she's still calling him. 

+ the fact he's a very free guy. It's not like he has 14252638 projects in process. He's quite the opposite of Mark Ronson, RedOne, Nile Rodgers and so on who are always travelling. 

Just now, monketsharona said:

Probably one of the reasons why she's still calling him. 

+ the fact he's a very free guy. It's not like he has 14252638 projects in process. He's quite the opposite of Mark Ronson, RedOne, Nile Rodgers who are always travelling. 

Yeah but she finished a record woth mark in 6 months it's not like it's impossible 

Doesnt mean if he is always free it's a good choice :toofunny: ( i like him nonetheless )

COME ON GAYS!!

CatelynnMarie

I feel like someone has already suggested and posted this, but is there a possiblity the ASIB soundtrack is in fact LG6? I know there's been a couple albums in the past that have doubled as solo albums/ soundtracks. It's just a thought. I feel like LG6 is something different on it's own entirely, but I'm just trying to think of all possibilities :shrug:

Archived