💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gwen Stefani Has Slayed The Last 3 Years

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

Gwen Stefani, a woman who came into the public eye over 20 years ago as the lead singer of No Doubt, has had an amazing past three years. 

no-diggity.png

After her last solo album's era ended in 2008, Gwen Stefani drifted away from the spotlight to focus on her fashion career. 

gwen.jpg

In 2012, her and her bandmates released their first album in over 10 years. The album debuted at #3 and didn't receive much success. Gwen then went away for a bit. 

MI0003430512.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

But in September of 2014 Gwen became a judge on The Voice. This put Gwen in the public eye again. Gwen became a fan favorite on the show. She came back the following year in September of 2015, and then came back a year and a half later to the show in February of 2017. Therefore, she has done 3 seasons on the show. 

The-Voice-Season-7-Poster-NBC.jpg

The_Voice_US_S09_Cover.jpg

Blake-Gwen-Alicia-Adam.png

In 2006/2007 Gwen, Fergie and Nelly Furtado were dominating the Billboard Hot 100. All three girls waited a while to release new albums, Nelly released her next English language album in 2012 and then another one in 2017. Both albums flopped bad. The 2012 album peaked at #79 on the Billboard album chart and the 2017 album didn't even chart on the list. Fergie finally released her solo album in 2017. The album debuted and peaked at #19 and then quickly fell off the chart. Gwen was able to dominate over these girls and outlast them. Her long awaited solo album was released in 2016 and debuted at #1. While it didn't have a hit, it still had two songs from the album chart on the Hot 100 and stay on it for a handful of weeks. This is something that neither Nelly or Fergie could do. Aside from Fergie's 2014 song, which really shouldn't be considered part of the Double Dutchess era, only Milf $ charted, which only stayed on the chart for 3 weeks. While Gwen isn't performing like Taylor Swift, Gwen has been able to outlast her contemporaries and that is an accomplishment. And that it the point of this post. 

33711dd4ece36550e3324ba6538fa48a.1000x10

gwen-stefani-used-to-love-you-vid-2015-billboard-650.jpg

Gwen has also received a lot of positive press for her relationship with Blake Shelton, which has helped keep her in the public eye.

blake-shelton-768x1024.jpg

Now Gwen has released a new Christmas album and it is currently #7 on iTunes and is the current top selling female Christmas album on iTunes, selling more than Sia's new Christmas album. It's amazing that all these years later she's able to do this. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Gwen also has a Christmas special on December 12 on NBC. 

KEEP SLAYING GWEN

Fame IV

I like her. She is a fashion icon and has a great voice. I prefer Gwen every day to Taylor, who is so bland and artificial.

A Star is Born ⭐

MMLY, BDL, Misery, STF were all bops that got snubbed. If only she was in her 20s then she'd be at top of the charts.

Yes I agree she has done well the last few years, and i think this christmas album is great for her it shows gwen at her best, she is fun, cool and cheesy all at the same time and it really works for her and feels like a natural continuation for gwen rather than sia which a christmas album just feels bizarre coming from her when she displays very little warmth in comparison. 

54 minutes ago, Yuuri said:

MMLY, BDL, Misery, STF were all bops that got snubbed. If only she was in her 20s then she'd be at top of the charts.

It doesnt matter really whether they were hits or not commercially to me, these songs still helped keep her relevant, MMLY and Used To Love You in particular got decent airplay here and in the states and the gp largely know the songs, she still has impact with her new material to some degree which is important

1 hour ago, Fame IV said:

I like her. She is a fashion icon and has a great voice. I prefer Gwen every day to Taylor, who is so bland and artificial.

yeah Gwen is like a TGI Fridays and Taylor is like a Mcdonalds

PrinceOfTheStorm
14 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

yeah Gwen is like a TGI Fridays and Taylor is like a Mcdonalds

Lmao that comparison :air:

signing out

TimisaMonster

I'm sorry but Gwen hasn't slayed anything in the last few years and im a fan...

She went on the voice, hooked up with Blake, and released an underwhelming breakup album that didn't get her any notoriety 

Hope her next era is better...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Original Diva

FERGIE deserves better TBH..  Off topic I know but I truly loved double dutchess and think it deserves more... Success. 

excuse me no

elijahfan
19 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

I'm sorry but Gwen hasn't slayed anything in the last few years and im a fan...

She went on the voice, hooked up with Blake, and released an underwhelming breakup album that didn't get her any notoriety 

Hope her next era is better...

Agreed... The only exciting thing that came out of her "lately" was the No Doubt reunion in 2012. I'm a big fan of her 2 first solo albums, and I've had a really hard time getting into her most recent endeavors. It seems to me she's become very bland. And I'm sorry, but getting a stint on The Voice doesn't mean your career is at its best... far from it.

Archived