💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

‘Rest’ - Charlotte Gainsbourg

Petrichor

Featured Posts

Petrichor

Okay, y’all. I was randomly bouncing around Spotify, looking at new music, when I randomly found British-French actress Charlotte Gainsbourg’s new album Rest. And well, it’s a doozy - in a good way. Even though I only have a limited range of French speaking ability and am virautalky unaware to most of the album’s French lyrics (its half English, half French), I absolutely love the music. It’s sleek and powerful, and commands itself as it raps itself around you. Give it a listen!

I hate her "singing" voice and her style :toofunny:

As a french, i just hate all french singers/actors, entertainment in this country is so boring and those who gets famous are those who are born famous like Charlotte. So they don't have any talent yet they become big. 

1 hour ago, kyanewest said:

I hate her "singing" voice and her style :toofunny:

As a french, i just hate all french singers/actors, entertainment in this country is so boring and those who gets famous are those who are born famous like Charlotte. So they don't have any talent yet they become big. 

she's a great actress tho

methodically incapable yet somehow extremely believable in all her faux glory. that's how a true artist looks on film.

her mother didn't rely on talent either but she was still remarkable and I find it kind of awesome how basically the whole family found ways to shine unconventionally. 

OliverViennese

I'M SO PRESSEDT! I was working on a lengthy thread, when I saw no one did one until the day before yesterday... :cryga:
OK, so in short: This new album is great! Deadly Valentine is the obvious hit of Rest and qualifies easily as one of the best songs released this year; so does the beautiful accompanying music video starring her and Dev Hynes.

YAY:  Deadly Valentine, Kate, Rest, Sylvia Says, Dans Vos Airs, Les Oxalis

NAY: Ring-a-Ring O'Roses 

https://www.last.fm/user/derOlliM

Petrichor
25 minutes ago, OliverViennese said:

I'M SO PRESSEDT! I was working on a lengthy thread, when I saw no one did one until the day before yesterday... :cryga:
OK, so in short: This new album is great! Deadly Valentine is the obvious hit of Rest and qualifies easily as one of the best songs released this year; so does the beautiful accompanying music video starring her and Dev Hynes.

YAY:  Deadly Valentine, Kate, Rest, Sylvia Says, Dans Vos Airs, Les Oxalis

NAY: Ring-a-Ring O'Roses 

Sylvia Says is my other absolute favorite!

Archived