💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga needs to return to trailblaze on LG6

lucastecala

Featured Posts

lucastecala

I've always been very supportive of every counter intuitive move Gaga has decided to make during the last few years. I think it is part of her persona being organic and anticiclic, even though most people prefer artists that are predictable and who make it easier to make sense of them, such as Bruno Mars and Adele (love them too, btw). So I've been a die hard enthusiast of the C2C era and and I really love Joanne.  But the thing is, even though Joanne doesn't sound like anything else on pop radio in the past few years I feel like Gaga played kind of safe with the whole era. She hasn't been breaking any records a la Taylor Swift, nor doing extremely commercial music just to sell, but in this day and age Joanne was a sucessful album that generated good press and attention and which solidified a years-long campaign to make Gaga a unanimity again among the general public, if not the dominant force she once was. Joanne was sonically and aesthetically safe. So safe that she didn't dive into a genre but rather made a miscelania of genres to please different tastes. I mean, I do think the dominant genre orginally would be in the lines of "Million Reasons", "Sinner's Prayer" and "Joanne", and I think the cultural impact and the reception would have been bigger because it would have been a bolder move, and we expect that kind of bold from her, but I think she needed it to be enough of a hybrid that she could still sell it as a pop record. She also didn't dive into one cohesive aesthetic pattern as well. Perfect Illusion had this punk rock urban vibe, and million reasons was all country pink hat and stuff (I hate that music video, looks like a Carrie Underwood video) and then for John Wayne we were suddenly back to a The Fame Monster esquee aesthetic. WTF? The Tour, beautiful as it is, also plays very safe wardrobe wise. She is always pretty, sexy, colorful and sparkly. Could easily be a Britney wardrobe. I get it. She was cleaning her image. Joanne, market wise, was a palate cleanser so that she could become someone with reception in all demographics. And it has been working very well in that regard. I am glad. But I think it is enough. For LG6 I wish Gaga would remove Taylor Swift and Beyoncé from the industrie's trailblazer throne that is rightfully hers. I want her to take those calculated risks that pay-off, to start a cultural conversation no one saw coming like she repeatedly did with her first three albums. AND she needs a promotion strategy that makes ****ING sense, that is cohesive, so that when she brings something fresh, otherworldly, never before seen, her cultural conversation can be compelling and convincing. Also: cohesive album genre wise. I want an album with a narrative again. After all: she was born to dare. That's it. Just an opinion.  (I am entirely aware that I am no one to tell one of the most sucessful women in the century how to do her job. It's just an opinion, just what I would like to see. I might very well be wrong. And whatever she releases I know will be well done so I'll be here stanning either way).

p.s.: The video of "I want your love" and that whole sonority would be a good example

c948351c85b9ba1e4e2331700c3d5201.850x850

ladygagaa_a_l.jpg

TheFameMonsterStandard.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He8MyHeart

We all need a dose of boundary-pushing DarkGa and I hope LG6 will give us that because I'm dying for it.

AmericanGUY

she had to play it safe after the ARTPOP fiasco. we can see now after the Superbowl she's really returning to her schtick. it's just taking her some time.

꧁ 𝕛'𝕧𝕖𝕦𝕩 𝕡𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕣 𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕦𝕝𝕖 ꧂

lucastecala
3 minutes ago, AmericanGUY said:

she had to play it safe after the ARTPOP fiasco. we can see now after the Superbowl she's really returning to her schtick. it's just taking her some time.

I hope you're right cause lately it has felt like the name Lady Gaga doesn't even make sense anymore. Like I doesn't match her anymore. It's been like she is more Joanne now. 

PunkTheFunk
7 minutes ago, lucastecala said:

For LG6 I wish Gaga would remove Taylor Swift and Beyoncé from the industrie's trailblazer throne that is rightfully hers. I want her to take those calculated risks that pay-off, to start a cultural conversation no one saw coming like she repeatedly did with her first three albums.

As much as I'd love for Gaga to be at the forefront of pop culture again, I'm afraid it won't happen :selena: She hasn't been able to attract new generations of fans the way Taylor and Bey have (in large numbers anyway). And without young fans (~12 to 18) she doesn't have much hopes of being relevant anymore. Just trying to be realistic here :selena:

lucastecala
7 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

As much as I'd love for Gaga to be at the forefront of pop culture again, I'm afraid it won't happen :selena: She hasn't been able to attract new generations of fans the way Taylor and Bey have (in large numbers anyway). And without young fans (~12 to 18) she doesn't have much hopes of being relevant anymore. Just trying to be realistic here :selena:

I agree that she hasn't invested in younger audiences, but it might happen, and it has happened before. With Mariah and Madonna for example. I think Gaga doesn't have the profile to be a Taylor, but she has the profile to be like Pink. She is also not huge among teenagers, but she always manages for her releases to be compelling enough so that teenagers will buy them. That said I do think Gaga could be cool again, if she wanted to. It's just that that's not what she has been interested in lately. She seems on the verge of a shift though. Let's wait and see. 

GypsyBabe

I just have a feeling that LG6 will be a trailblazing album for her. She has stabilized herself and her image after ARTPOP and I think that LG6 will be daring and bold. 

I also think that Gaga absolutely has the ability to capture younger audiences again, especially with interesting music and stellar marketing. The radio has become stale, and its a perfect time for her to do what she does best and shake things up. 

⚯͛

PlastiscGuy

Does Gaga's team even know what she's doing? I don't want to sound like those kind of fans, but if I do I don't care. I'm tired... nothing of this makes any sense anymore. What is this woman doing?

I loved Gaga since the first moment because she was different, and I'm not talking about her extravaganza, I'm talking about how brave and smart she was. She gave us masterpieces (look at Born This Way and the Fame Monster) and magnificent performances but now...? Ever since ARTPOP, she released a lot of stuff but never promoted as she should have done. I can understand what happened with ARTPOP, but what with Joanne? The Cure? She only promoted Million Reasons because it had sucess. But what about PI? the lead single? What about John Wayne? The rest of the album? For God's sake what about the Cure?

Look at Joanne and look at the tour. They are not even in the same page. I don't get the concept.
Lately Gaga seems only to care about proving people that she has a good voice (We've been knew since the Sound of Music medley) that sometimes she forgets that for the kind of performances she does, it takes more than just a nice voice.

PG.

PlastiscGuy

And let's not talk about her health. She's being too irresponsible! You can say she's doing what she's doing for us, but is it really worthy? She tries to give 100% of her every concert but she can't anymore. She seriously needs to take a break. Not only for her career, but for her.

I personally care more about having a truly performer (If she could only manage this era as the concept Joanne is supposed to be...) than another pop singer that will do everything to have success or to please fans that in mostly of the times doesn't even stand her when she most needs it.

PG.

Fernster7

Thanks God she decided to look sexy and pretty this era with her outfits. The crazy outfits were ugly as ****.:madge:

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Just now, Fernster7 said:

Thanks God she decided to look sexy and pretty this era with her outfits. The crazy outfits were ugly as ****.:madge:

Excuse Me No :nails:

Yo GagaGaga

I mean I was only here since Feb. of 2016 but we were getting a lot of these threads pre-Joanne, and how certain everyone was that she'd come back full force and be the biggest pop star of the world again (and I believed all of it :poot:) so as much as I would love for her to be on top of the pop world, I'm gonna keep my pop expectations at a Joanne level until I hear the lead single

Forgive me, but her being commericial and mainstream again is the last thing I want. Literally everyone who is in the mainstream eye is creatively worthless. At least when Gaga isn't selling as well she's doing something other than singing gibberish, made-up words and dancing around half naked. Lady Gaga is a legend, and legends are the most obscure individuals in the industry. :nails:

bannedT for life and it's SAD

Archived