đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Xtina's Whitney Tribute

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

That J

It's XTINA so the thing is gonna be dramatic and overcooked. But that's what she does and for that, I felt she did a fine job. She even sounded like Whitney in a few spots. No doubt the girl can sing her tail off but she's never subtle. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it was okay. just disappointing when the best part of I Will Always Love You wasn't sung the same as Whitney. But, she sounded good. Just, nobody can come close to Whitney tbh. 

SCHEISSEMONTRE

It was cringe worthy to watch. The "I Will Always Be With You" part of the song was a mess up on Xtina.

I still wonder why they chose Xtina to do this? I would been a better choice to have Celine Deion do the tribute. 

Mychal

Eddie A Michael

I don't like it. I feel that Ariana Grande would have given the song more justice, vocal wise, though she probably still lacks the charisma to carry those songs. That's why Whitney is such a legend. Not only she can't be replaced, we don't have anybody who can sing these songs. 

2 minutes ago, SCHEISSEMONTRE said:

It was cringe worthy to watch. The "I Will Always Be With You" part of the song was a mess up on Xtina.

I still wonder why they chose Xtina to do this? I would been a better choice to have Celine Deion do the tribute. 

:oprah:

xoxo Craig
21 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

So let's talk about Xtina's performance. Good or Bad? I have been seeing some backlash on social media. 

It was bad, really really bad. She oversang the songs, added vocal runs that sounded terrible and just really bad. I know X Tina can sing, but she needs to learn to not oversing when giving a tribute. 

Ariana did a much better job, X Tina should take some notes. 

End Racism Now

Grigio Guy
23 minutes ago, BloodyGlory said:

All the people who use the word "cringe" should try to achieve 1/1000000 of her talent

@ me sis. :giggle:

No, but honestly, she needs to relax a little bit. She adlibed the whole tribute instead of sticking to singing.

Religion is a product to sell.

TropicOfCANCER
3 minutes ago, SCHEISSEMONTRE said:

Whitney's family chose Christina (just like they chose her to perform with the hologram) because they believe that xtina's vocal ability is on par with Whitney's.

Christina is respected by legends. Whitney was a fan,  as was Etta James. True vocalists know whats up.

SCHEISSEMONTRE
Just now, TropicOfCANCER said:

Whitney's family chose Christina (just like they chose her to perform with the hologram) because they believe that xtina's vocal ability is on par with Whitney's.

Christina is respected by legends. Whitney was a fan,  as was Etta James. True vocalists know whats up.

Makes sense 

Mychal

Just now, Cruzifix said:

@ me sis. :giggle:

No, but honestly, she needs to relax a little bit. She adlibed the whole tribute instead of sticking to singing.

I get it. I can't deny the fact that she messed up some parts. But she still gave an incredible performance. Not everyone can stand there and sing a Whitney song like that. Give her a break.

Archived